...If it were left in place, (factory BHO), it'd eat into your hand while firing, or your hand'd engage the BHO while firing...

Uh, nalioth, do you even own a Saiga-12? It's an honest question, as I never see you post any pics of or comments/info about your S-12.

Anyway, I reinstalled my factory BHO after restoring my S-12, and I've never had a problem with it "eating into my hand while firing", and I've never accidentally engaged it either. I have fairly big paws, too. I've never heard of anyone else having the above issues, either. :huh: So, I think you've based your above comment on speculation, rather than experience. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Sure it's not the perfect design, but I think you shit on it a little gratuitously here.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Nalioth is right. Its GCA 68 stuff all the way. For the glocks its GCA points. For the shotgun its an attempt to be "sporting".

I see what you are both saying but it's still a functional part that serves a good purpose. It can even be used as a LRBHO if you do it correctly. It wasn't until recently with these newer model screwy guns that people even experienced any probs with them, other than being difficult for some people to reinstall the springs in when converting the guns....which is part of why they are hated by some.

I'm going to stir the pot a bit more, I have no idea why or why not, but my 2001 S12 came without a BHO and no cut for one-thus it wasn't a requirement. It was actually an option when ordering at the time.

Good point Mark, I have a few Saigas as well that came with no BHO....410 and S-12s

Regardless of the reason it was put into US-bound S12's, political or not.........I liked it enough to put it back in after conversion (unlike the BHO on my x39 after conversion; it was left out).

Like has already been said, it makes loading mags easier, and I can also put pressure on it when I fire off the last round (if I'm paying enough attention and actually counting rounds) and use it as a make-shift LRBHO. Calling it a "POS" is just a matter of opinion.

I've seen a few people report it getting stuck, but I've had zero problems with it, and it will stay in my S12 until I get around to picking up a real LRBHO of some sort.

(Also, what's the "smarter than you" comment about? :huh: That's a lil' heavy for a guy just asking a simple question, eh?)

Zephyr: I'd go with the CSS (Carolina Shooter's Supply) link that was given on the first page. Great vendor to deal with. Or you could also put up a WTB ad here. Slight chance someone might have one they don't want/need and would let it go for cheap or free.

Edited by -Shooter-

No, don't stop guys, please keep arguing with Nalioth. It'll be funny to watch. And you will still be wrong.

It looks to me as though the "argument" is done. nalioth posted a bunch of speculation and unrelated political commentary, (I do agree with him that it's sad "sporting" features need to be included for US importation), with nothing to back it up.

I, (and others), addressed his "points", and since then he has not responded. I've noticed that when his position on an issue becomes untenable, he simply makes a "tactical withdrawal" :D and stops posting in the thread. That seems to be the case here, as it was in the most recent thread concerning 74-type muzzle brakes in the 7.62x39 sub-forum.

No, don't stop guys, please keep arguing with Nalioth. It'll be funny to watch. And you will still be wrong.

It looks to me as though the "argument" is done. nalioth posted a bunch of speculation and unrelated political commentary, (I do agree with him that it's sad "sporting" features need to be included for US importation), with nothing to back it up.

I, (and others), addressed his "points", and since then he has not responded. I've noticed that when his position on an issue becomes untenable, he simply makes a "tactical withdrawal" :D and stops posting in the thread. That seems to be the case here, as it was in the most recent thread concerning 74-type muzzle brakes in the 7.62x39 sub-forum.

Why should I repeat what others have confirmed?

Does it take being told the same thing twice (or more) for you to understand?

Why should I repeat what others have confirmed?

Does it take being told the same thing twice (or more) for you to understand?

You guys are crazy :lolol: But you know what, I guess this place would be kind of boaring without Soap Operas like this.