Anybody Use A Recoil Buffer On Their S-12 ?

Based on an old thread here; I cut out a section of a Dr Shoals shoe insert and put it in my 4 hole gun. It worked fine before with the thin toe part. I recently replaced it with the thicker insole part. If that proves to be too thick I can always cut out more toe material... :lolol:

Maybe I should add that all my S-12s (with unmodded gas systems) are K-USA or EAA imports with four ports in the 19" guns. My 22" full choked 12s are all old school as well. I have one 19" gun that was molested by Alliance Armament that's a RAAC import, but it's got 5 ports so....

I ran one on mine for a while (blackjack), but never really got much from it. Mine still functioned but the buffer doesn't leave a whole lot of room for the bolt hold open and you may have compress it slightly to get it to work.

If you plan on running mixed ammo, I would recommend getting an adjustable gas plug like Gunfixr's over a recoil buffer.

If you want actual recoil abatement, check out the Enidine buffer tube (M4 style stock tube). I have one on both my Saiga 12's.