US PALM AK30 Magazine

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After positive reviews from Juggernaut, I decided to pick up two AK30 magazines from US Palm. I will edit this post this weekend when I have some time to field test the two units in the rugged Idaho b

TEST 5 RESULTS and an Open Letter to US-Palm (Part 3 of 3)   Methodology: after magazines were cleaned, they were loaded with 30 rounds of Yugo Surplus. Magazines were each placed in magwell and ha

Ill post more after the field test, but heres one for ya Beef!!!

Posted Images

Well I'll be damned if that's not the nicest backdrop scenery for a mag torture test! :super:

....oh, and BTW:

DSCF3134a.jpg

:lolol:

:lolol: I love it!!

Yeah, it was great to be back, and what better place to do it? It was October and the water was still warm.

• Like 1

Nice, this thread continues to produce epic WIN!

Vai:> any jams after the sand treatment???

Not during the first day of running it, which was about 200 rounds. The second day, after the first 3 rounds, the follower got stuck, It would appear that the salt water had done a number on the spring, but with some WD-40 and constant washing out, I fixed it up good as new.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

IMARANGEMASTER:> NO REVIEW YET??? WTF???

Other than a few weeks ago when I fired 300+ rounds through it, and it functioned flawlessly, I haven't really abused it to much yet.

I have done a few things to it, though.

1) I did about 400 spring compressions with a shotgun cleaning rod and a mop tip, and detected no difference in spring tension. My hand got tired (I'm not used to that up and down motion anymore, since I am happily married) so I gave up. If I recall it is a chrome-silcon spring or something, so it won't wear out.

2) I threw it down the hill on hard-packed dirt/gravel mix, full of 30 rounds when walking down to the creek to fire the 300 rounds a few weeks ago. No apparent damage and all rounds stayed in.

3) I did do a buttstock drop test, but the FSE stock absorbed some impact, so that was not a fair test. I didn't bother with the muzzle drop test because with its rear lug, it was pointless.

4) It is wonderfully light, and I do love the feel of it, too.

5) I plan on driving my 4x4 crew cab Ford Powerstroke over it. I will take a picture of that.

So far, I love it, BUT at $35 a pop, I could get Bulgy Circle 10s for $10 less a piece. EVen if they made it $28-29 bucks, or multiple discounts. I'd love to have my ACE 6-pack carrier full of them, but I am still only substitute teaching since I moved.

Edited by imarangemaster
  • Like 1

Other than a few weeks ago when I fired 300+ rounds through it, and it functioned flawlessly, I haven't really abused it to much yet.

1) I did about 400 spring compressions with a shotgun cleaning rod and a mop tip, and detected no difference in spring tension. My hand got tired (I'm not used to that up and down motion anymore, since I am happily married) so I gave up. If I recall it is a chrome-silcon spring or something, so it won't wear out.

2) I threw it down the hill on hard-packed dirt/gravel mix, full of 30 rounds when walking down to the creek to fire the 300 rounds a few weeks ago. No apparent damage and all rounds stayed in.

3) I did do a buttstock drop test, but the FSE stock absorbed some impact, so that was not a fair test. I didn't bother with the muzzle drop test because with its rear lug, it was pointless.

5) I plan on driving my 4x4 crew cab Ford Powerstroke over it. I will take a picture of that.

So far, I love it, BUT at $35 a pop, I could get Bulgy Circle 10s for $10 less a piece. EVen if they made it $28-29 bucks, or multiple discounts. I'd love to have my ACE 6-pack carrier full of them, but I am still only substitute teaching since I moved.

Did you get the 2nd unit I sent you new in plastic? or did you use the original used unit?

PPS: Not necessarily a test of the US Palm, when firing the 300 rounds, I rotated the weapon 180 degrees where the magazine was sticking up, and fired it upside down, and also rotated it where ejection was up and mag was 90 degrees to the right. Worked fine, but I expected nothing less.

• Like 2

I want to see it get run over!:lolol:

I drive a Toyota Yaris.... not a good test! :lolol:

**EDIT: I sold my VW**

Even if you sold the V-Dub......you're still a damn hippy! :lolol:

Just messin, bro. How's the gas mileage on that thing? Like 4,000 miles-to-the-gallon? :o:D

• Like 1

I want to see it get run over!:lolol:

I drive a Toyota Yaris.... not a good test! :lolol:

**EDIT: I sold my VW**

Even if you sold the V-Dub......you're still a damn hippy! :lolol:

Just messin, bro. How's the gas mileage on that thing? Like 4,000 miles-to-the-gallon? :o:D

Im getting 36 mpg here in the mountainous roads of northern Idaho. Im not going to lie to you, I miss my VW... :cryss:

• Like 1

Did you get the 2nd unit I sent you new in plastic? or did you use the original used unit?

I never got a second one. I used the one you sent in the care package. I figured you forgot about the second one, and I keep forgetting to ask!

Rangemaster, Ill check with USPS, I sent it out, hopefully its sitting in transit and had some problem..

Also: I have cleaned up the thread and reposted the tests only in a new thread located HERE!

This way people can get to the bottom line up front. :super:

Thanks man. But unfortunately......I don't get nearly enough trigger time on my centerfire rifles to do any real testing, at the moment. Damn indoor ranges only allow pistols and pistol caliber carbines, and the outdoor ranges are quite a hike from me, and I haven't made the trek yet since moving down here.

Man, irony is a fucking pain. Now you can buy whatever semi auto rifles and shotguns you want, but have nowhere to shoot them :(

• Like 2

Any way of thumbnailing the pictures? The huge resolution photos on one page are killing my DSL. I had to kill images just to read the tests.

Great stuff, by the way!

That is a capital idea old sport! I will get on it tonight when work is done. :super:

Thanks man. But unfortunately......I don't get nearly enough trigger time on my centerfire rifles to do any real testing, at the moment. Damn indoor ranges only allow pistols and pistol caliber carbines, and the outdoor ranges are quite a hike from me, and I haven't made the trek yet since moving down here.

Man, irony is a fucking pain. Now you can buy whatever semi auto rifles and shotguns you want, but have nowhere to shoot them :(

Yup. I've said the same exact thing before in another thread; I've left the oppression of NY, and now live where I can have anything that's legal on a federal level.....yet the places to actually shoot said items are far away. Story of my life, though. When my girl and I are finally ready to start popping out little future S12 owners......I wouldn't be surprised if my cock-n-balls just fall off, leaving me no way to make a kid. :lolol:

Someday I'll have that house (or at least some land) in the boonies, where I can shoot until my trigger finger falls off. Something to look forward to.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The last few days I have been seriously taken aback by the incredible unprofessionalism and immaturity exhibited by US Palm on their Facebook page.

They decided to begin the Christmas season by posting a Christmas themed disgusting graphic photo depicting homosexual sado-masochism, and another promoting atheism as the belief system apparently followed by normal rational people (although they have more blood on their hands than anyone) while also slamming Christians?

It is simply bizarre, not to mention incredibly juvenile.

Some have responded that due to their extremely childish and offensive postings they have decided to never use, or ever again purchase or recommend, their products.

I have made the same determination.

It would also seem that this is in fact the reason One Source Tactical is not only no longer selling these mags, but is now no longer carrying any products made by US Palm.

Well played US Palm.

Edited by Belloc

. . . while at the same time promoting atheism as the belief system apparently followed by normal rational people (although they have more blood on their hands then anyone)

lol, what? 021.gif

I checked out their facebook page, and yeah, there's some weird/immature stuff going on over there (no argument from me on that point).

but how do you figure atheists have "more blood on their hands then [sic] anyone?" I'm not even trying to say atheists are more civilized or less-violent, but you're going to have to back up that little mountain of bullshit you just dropped.