Izhmash Factory 8 round mags available (for now)

Just breezed by rusmilitary and found that the 8 round non-magwell 12 gauge mags are back in stock. I have had no problems receiving these so far, and though they are pricey, its nice to have a few around while waiting for alternatives. Just a heads up for you guys hankering for the real deal.

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

uh oh Jpanzer has spoken. stop arguing lest he dies reading posts on an entirely voluntary basis.

2 russian 5 round magzines $45.00. having 10 rnds instead of 8 while saving a hundred bucks? priceless.

Yeah, but the 5-rounder just looks ghey.

Comes to what, about $120 before shipping? Sorry, but that's just wrong!

Actually, about $140.00 to your door for 1.

Shipping is $16.00, so if you buy 3 it's cheaper.

I say they're worth every penny.

Done1-1.jpg

But yeah...

Mike's doublestacks... :wub:

If they're as dependable as his drum, have steel in the front & run 3"... They may become my go-to mags.

OK Devils advocate here. Why do I need a russian 8 round mag when I can buy Amercian mags for less?

Steel reinforcement in the front & 3" capacity, so if you're running through your house & clip a corner of a hall or doorway with the mag, or you fall in the mud outside & land mag first, the front tab won't break off.

In short, they're Mil-Spec & have NO ISSUES out of the box.

ETA;

That's aside from the fact that they're sexy as all hell.

Yeah, a fat chick will get your rocks off, but a hot chick does it better. ;)

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

OK Devils advocate here. Why do I need a russian 8 round mag when I can buy Amercian mags for less?

Because you aren't willing to settle for second best. Or are you? I'm not sure why people try to rationalize the price. I'm just glad they don't cost even more.

• Like 1

Because you aren't willing to settle for second best. Or are you? I'm not sure why people try to rationalize the price. I'm just glad they don't cost even more.

People used to pay over $200.00 for them on e-gay.

It's the key piece that makes the gun truly durable.

Even in temps so low that non-reinforced polymer front tabs would be (AND ARE) prone to snapping easily.

Bottom line, is they are built to military specifications.

Nobody in the US other than Mike D. has come close to their quality.

I like to run 3" magnum for SD, so they are the ones I'll use when my or my girl's lives depend on them.

How much is your family's lives worth?

These mags are perfection in a stick mag for the S-12.

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

People used to pay over $200.00 for them on e-gay.

It's the key piece that makes the gun truly durable.

Even in temps so low that non-reinforced polymer front tabs would be (AND ARE) prone to snapping easily.

Bottom line, is they are built to military specifications.

Nobody in the US other than Mike D. has come close to their quality.

I like to run 3" magnum for SD, so they are the ones I'll use when my or my girl's lives depend on them.

How much is your family's lives worth?

These mags are perfection in a stick mag for the S-12.

Why do you use 3" for SD?

hmm a mag that absolutly has to work... in all weather conditions....no matter what... oh wait! i know! the one that came with it! russian 5 round mags. i have three. the 2 i bought afterwards cost a whopping $20.00 each! thats 10 rnds for 40 bucks! anyone else see where im going with this? :lolol:

• Like 2

OK you like them I have a 870 Police Special with #2 buck in the closet, and a XD 45 in the nightstand, I will take either of those first for a life and death defense in the home. Easier to wield as well.

The Saiga is for fun and competition.

What issues are you having?

The reason I ask, is, only someone who hasn't achieved maximum reliability would say that.

Are you sure your ports are correct?

I've seen people fuck up with 870s too.

I can honestly say, mine no longer FTFs or FTEs.

I really dont think Im going to run into sub zero temps in combat and Id like to see some facts on the snapping of front tabs. Never heard of it and would like to know where to find documented issues.

Is just a mag. The SureFire and AGPs run. I dont have a single russian mag so I dont have a comparison other than the AGPs and SureFires run fine.

One cannot CHOOSE when they will have to fight, or ask God to turn the temp up if it's cold when they must.

I suspect you'll notice threads starting in December through February from shooters in the northern parts of the country. There were a few last year.

I'm sure there will be others chiming in, but since you opened the door, I'll get you started...

If I remember correctly, Corbin & I think NailBomb went through it too.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=503883

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=35918&view=findpost&p=320842

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19834&view=findpost&p=308186

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19834&view=findpost&p=319081

To be fair, it's less common than it once was.

If you look at the picture, you'll see differing front lips. Only the Russian 8 & Russian 5 are reinforced with steel.

The American manufacturers copied the Russian 8's & used the smaller shape but failed to reinforce them in the front lips. In freezing temps, the polymer is brittle & can snap.

Pictured are what the mag manufactures did to remedy this when Mike D contacted & suggested it to them.

Look at the 2 different SureFires. They widened the lips to distribute force to stronger areas. AGPs used to be thin too, but they widened the front like surefire did for added reliability. But they're still un-reinforced polymer.

The Russian 8 is FAR superior in strength due to the front steel reinforcement & mil-spec polymer.

The AGP is good polymer & so is the surefire. The Promag sucks, but they rarely work because their so soft & the mags colapse in & hold shells up, so only limited -20 weather testing has been done.

The MD-20 is made out of the best mil-speck polymer of the US mags & has a steel reinforced front lip.

Magsinsucession.jpg

Now, a Magwell can eliminate this issue, but I enjoy my MD-20s too much.

I have a mag-guide idea, but haven't pursued it.

Why do you use 3" for SD?

15 pellets coming out really fast as opposed to 9 not quite as fast.

I figure, if I have a scattergun, I may as well have a bunch of pellets to "scatter".

The term Streetsweeper came from the south African technique of firing about 15- 20 feet in front of the angry mob, at the street thus causing the pellets to fan out & stop more targets at once.

The psychological impact is a great deterrent to the remaining aggressors & motivation for them to turn & get the hell outta dodge. :smoke:

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

I am sorry guys even getting one these things to run perfectly... If its a life or death situation where someone has come into my home... 8+1 rounds of double 00 buck from my mossy 590a1 is my choice and then the 16 9mm hollow points in my pistol... AND if any the intruders are left standing i still have my cold steel kukri machete and 104 rounds of target shot for the mossy...

I am sorry guys even getting one these things to run perfectly... If its a life or death situation where someone has come into my home... 8+1 rounds of double 00 buck from my mossy 590a1 is my choice and then the 16 9mm hollow points in my pistol... AND if any the intruders are left standing i still have my cold steel kukri machete and 104 rounds of target shot for the mossy...

What if you get shot in an arm during the melee?

I can fire my S-12 1 handed & extended... Try that with your mossy. ;)

• Like 2

Just my $0.02, but if you're that worried about defending your home from multiple invaders in sub zero temperatures and getting shot in the process, you may want to consider moving to a better house in a better neighborhood.

Like the unfortunate Dr. Petit? Look guys, you only need one or two of these. I just bought a cheekrest for the Tromix stock that is only slightly better than duct tape and molefoam for $45.00. The cost of these guns and running them is not the economy plan. One day of skeet is about $100 for clays and ammo where I live. This is my only shotgun, so in the unlikely situation where I have to use it, I am secure to know I am using a proven system. The Izhmash 5's have been perfect also.

I ordered one a few months ago on pre-order because by then it was apparent that the doublestacks were not going to be available for several more months. I wanted to have at least one ultra reliable (no threat of springs shattering, front lips breaking off, followers that rock too much, etc.) magazine that wouldn't require me to run many rounds through each one to make sure it would run well.

With that said, if I had the money, I would probably go ahead and buy another. In these uncertain times, I'll take what I can get now (or at least in the few week time span).

However, I will buy a bunch of doublestacks when they come out. Its just a time preference thing.

funny thing but promag actually got somthing rite with the 12 rnd drums. they are very compact feed great and....the front lip is actually reinforced with steel! somone must have finally pulled their head out of their ass over there. as far as a 20 rnder ill take md arms anytime all the time.

• Like 2

funny thing but promag actually got somthing rite with the 12 rnd drums. they are very compact feed great and....the front lip is actually reinforced with steel! somone must have finally pulled their head out of their ass over there. as far as a 20 rnder ill take md arms anytime all the time.

That's a good point. The 12-rnd "nutsacks" from Promag are more compact than Izzy 8-rnd stick mags, hold 50% more shells, and are a lot less expensive as well.

Sure they won't run 3" magnum shells, but I'd rather have 50% more 2 3/4" shells in a more compact magazine. It's not as though 2 3/4" shells don't have enough power to end any two-legged threat you might encounter.

I also agree with your former post, where you mention how much more affordable the (just as reliable) Izzy 5-rnd mags are.

+1 to both posts.

I'd love to have a few Izzy 8-rnd mags, but their pricetag is just plain ridiculous.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Because some people have more money than sense....

I don't put cheap, shitty tires on a built sports car that corners well when I race.

Why?

Because it takes the performance down to the level of the shitty tires.

This is the result...

Paulysrx-fuckup.jpg

I learned MY lesson by unexpectedly going 4Xing at 80 mph.

Same thing with a cheaper mag.

You can have the most reliable gun in the world, but if you have mag issues, you have a pile of shit all around.

If we ever needed more firepower than 9 shots of 3" magnum from an S-12, we would likely be facing charges.

If not, fuck 12 when you can have 20.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Edited by Paulyski

most of your magnum rnds are 2 3/4 nowadays. you can still find 3" magnums but they are not the norm. in my area the only 3" shells they have, are usually for turkey.

the russian 8 rnders are nice. dont get me wrong. but i dont feel they are worth more than $50.00 $75.00 max. the russian svd dragunov mags run around $65.00 and they dont even import the russian dragunov. anyway if you got the cash for it why not? i just have a few other things id like instead.

• Like 1

Because some people have more money than sense....

I don't put cheap, shitty tires on a built sports car that corners well when I race.

Why?

Because it takes the performance down to the level of the shitty tires.

This is the result...

Paulysrx-fuckup.jpg

I learned MY lesson!

Same thing with a cheaper mag.

You can have the most reliable gun in the world, but if you have mag issues, you have a pile of shit all around.

If we ever needed more firepower than 9 shots of 3" magnum from an S-12, we would likely be facing charges.

If not, fuck 12 when you can have 20.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

by that same logic, if you ever need more than 5 rnds of 3" magnums from an s 12, you'll be in the same boat.

• Like 1

People who have never used/held these 8 rounders really don't know what they are missing. There is just something about holding and using a true quality item in your hand.

This reminds me of a pair of binoculars I had when I was younger, I thought they were really nice because of the FOV and the magnification. Then my dad pulled out some mil spec, coated, and very expensive optics of the same magnification and told me to try them. It was like I had been healed from being blind.

There is no comparison when you have something that is really nice. Until you have tried these out, you really can't comment on them.

You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

by that same logic, if you ever need more than 5 rnds of 3" magnums from an s 12, you'll be in the same boat.

so now were basing our argument on cosmetics? what hapenned to life and limb and all that? not knocking you for your purchase, its a great mag. i just cant currently justify it.

• Like 1

I disagree completely. What, you miss those little notches that the 8-rnder sports? :rolleyes:

Yeah. :wub:

Sexy, aint it?

Also, the extra 3 shots, proportions & all.

I wanted the complete package.

If you ask anyone who bought a Russian 8, I doubt you'll find anyone who regretted it.

$ 140.00 for 3 extra rnds. :rolleyes:

Actually, more like $90.00 if you were to buy 1 as opposed to the other...

You don't have to trade in your 5 rounder to get the 8.

Edited by Paulyski

People who have never used/held these 8 rounders really don't know what they are missing. There is just something about holding and using a true quality item in your hand....You get what you pay for.

Gotta disagree there. As we all know, (or should know), the only reason that Izzy 8-rnd mags are so ricockulously expensive is because of artificial rarity in the US caused by the BATFE. That's why they cost what they do, not because of their quality, (which I'm sure is quite good).

I don't buy "lesser" mags, except as range-toys, (e.g. my Surefire clear 12-rnder). Then again, I don't waste my money on items that are exceptionally overpriced simply because they're rare.. not when there are viable alternatives that sell for a reasonable price. I have 3 factory 5-rnders and I'm now up to 5 MD20's, (damn you and your sales, Mike :D ), for exactly that reason.

ymmv and spend your money however you like.. but don't try to justify the price of the Izzy 8's based on quality alone. ;)

• Like 2