Saiga 12 shooter

Whats up everybody?

My first post just thought Id say hello.

Ive had my Saiga 12 for about 6 months now, only mods I have on it is a tapco foregrip, US puck and lots of mags. Yes I know I should convert it but I have over 1200 rounds fired through it

with NO malfunctions and I dont want to jinx it plus Im not too big on following the crowd. Im thinking of adding the tapco collapsible stock on it just to try it out.

All ammo has been full power 00 buck ranging from Remington, Federal and Wolf with about 200 rounds of Remington slugs thrown in. Ive never tried anything else like birdshot cause its a combat shotgun and in my opinion its made for full power buck or slugs.

I love it! Its a great shotgun, lots of fun, will get the job done, and I trust it, and it gets along well with my SGL 20.

Edited by GREYLUPO

Welcome to the forum. :beer:

Even if you're not a fan of following the crowd, don't let that keep you from doing at least a basic conversion. When it's put back into it's AK form, it becomes much more comfortable, ergonomics-wise, for most people. It also gets rid of the factory trigger linkage and even a simple, cheap G2 feels so much better.

Check this out for the benefits of a conversion: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=39651

($20 says you do a conversion within 6 months! :D )

Again, welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

Yes welcome aboard. It's not about following, but more about leading as far as I'm concerned. Like you said, it's a combat shotgun. It's really got no business sporting a so called "sporting" set of clothes, and that horrendous trigger it comes stock with is something you just have no idea how bad it really is until you have switched it out for a real AK trigger like it was designed to work with. The balance of the weapon will also improve three fold once the balance point is moved a few inches forward where it belongs (I'm not talking about what you get just by slapping a shortcut PG stock combo on there though...). There's really no way to convince someone just how much better it will be once properly converted. That is a priceless smile one gets once they realize the difference for themselves.

Go for it man...convert you heathen! lol

If all you are firing is heavy loads anyway, you should have no issues at all after conversion. From what it sounds like the way you have been feeding it nothing but the hot stuff so far, it will probably run just fine even on light loads.

Sometimes the crowd does things because they are the way to go. The factory trigger feel alone was more than enough reason for me to want to restore/convert. Being an AK lover myself, it just wouldn't be right to leave the thing in 'nuetered' 'politically correct' mode either. Once you convert, provided it is done right, you will like it. I recommend reprofiling the hammer when you convert. There is a whole list of other things that I do to them, but it doesn't sound like you need any of it, so I won't go into it. Welcome aboard Lupo ;)

Well if one of you fellas would send me a converted one to try out I just might change my mind!

Im just afraid that it wont work all well as it does now after I monkey with it.

I really have nothing bad to say about the trigger, Im not trying to get MOA groups like with a rifle. Yes it is a combat shotgun but

lots of people have went into hairy situations with pump shotguns with monty carlo stocks and shitty triggers with no problems.

If you were close enough to come by here in NC I would welcome you to come test drive any of the many converted Saigas I own, and you could check em out right out the back door. As popular as they have gotten recently, you may stand a pretty good chance of even running across one or two at your local public range. Most proud S-12 owners are usually more than happy to let someone else try their weapon.

Fear not, there's not much harm you could do by converting it to it's intended configuration. Certainly the only thing that would effect the way it cycles would be replacing the hammer with a US made one, which is why evl suggested the reprofiling of the hammer face. There are also pre-fit, ready to go, drop in trigger groups available for new conversions, where all the proper fitting and testing has been done for you. Let me know if you need one once you decide you're ready.

Whats up everybody?

My first post just thought Id say hello.

Ive had my Saiga 12 for about 6 months now, only mods I have on it is a tapco foregrip, US puck and lots of mags. Yes I know I should convert it but I have over 1200 rounds fired through it

with NO malfunctions and I dont want to jinx it plus Im not too big on following the crowd. Im thinking of adding the tapco collapsible stock on it just to try it out.

All ammo has been full power 00 buck ranging from Remington, Federal and Wolf with about 200 rounds of Remington slugs thrown in. Ive never tried anything else like birdshot cause its a combat shotgun and in my opinion its made for full power buck or slugs.

I love it! Its a great shotgun, lots of fun, will get the job done, and I trust it, and it gets along well with my SGL 20.

i used to be in the same boat about conversions. my shot fine so whats the point? right? well after the conversion it shoots 4 times better. much happier with my converted saiga.

p.s. welcome aboard. enjoy. :super:

• Like 1

Well if one of you fellas would send me a converted one to try out I just might change my mind!

Im just afraid that it wont work all well as it does now after I monkey with it.

I really have nothing bad to say about the trigger, Im not trying to get MOA groups like with a rifle. Yes it is a combat shotgun but

lots of people have went into hairy situations with pump shotguns with monty carlo stocks and shitty triggers with no problems.

Well where are you located? We have members from all over the place, and I'm sure if one was close enough, they'd let you take their converted S12 for a spin.

Honestly, I can't think of one time where someone has said they regretted a conversion, or didn't like their S12 100 times more after conversion. Once people handle even a basic conversion, they're hooked.

I get what you mean about not needing a match trigger on a combat shotgun........but damn does it feel good after throwing in a cheap G2. It's like a night and day difference.

(I know sometimes it seems we come on strong when it comes to people who don't really want to convert. But it's more about the fact that we don't want anyone missing out on something, as opposed to "Convert or leave!". :D )

Also, it's kinda a bitch to shoot an unconverted gun 1 handed.

Hey...

If you say it's a combat shotgun... You may as well practice for every possible scenario... Right?

ETA;

Welcome to the forum :up:

Edited by Paulyski

My S-12 puts a huge smile on my face every time I take it out shooting. It is so much fun and so much more comfortable being converted.

The OP should get ready to spend some cash if he's going to keep hanging out here. This place is always filled with new and interesting things to try.

GL HF.

Edited by Bridis

My S-12 puts a huge smile on my face every time I take it out shooting. It is so much fun and so much more comfortable being converted.

The OP should get ready to spend some cash if he's going to keep hanging out here. This place is always filled with new and interesting things to try.

GL HF.

Dido on the smile comment

...Ive had my Saiga 12 for about 6 months now, only mods I have on it is a tapco foregrip, US puck and lots of mags. Yes I know I should convert it but I have over 1200 rounds fired through it

with NO malfunctions and I dont want to jinx it plus Im not too big on following the crowd. Im thinking of adding the tapco collapsible stock on it just to try it out...

:cryss:

You really have no idea what you're missing out on.

Convert Restore your shotgun. You will not "jinx it", you will massively improve it. ;)

Hey...

If you say it's a combat shotgun... You may as well practice for every possible scenario... Right?

ETA;

Welcome to the forum Lupo...

With a Saiga... :up:

I have no idea what you mean...

GL HF.

Dido on the smile comment

What does Dido have to do with this? No one is talking about crappy music here...

Hey...

ETA;

I'm assuming he's referring to the fact that any personal combat weapon should be able to be fired one-handed, if need be. (Doable with a sporter S12, but easier with a pistol gripped one) Who knows what might happen in a SHTF/SD/HD scenario, right?

Hey...

ETA;

I'm assuming he's referring to the fact that any personal combat weapon should be able to be fired one-handed, if need be. (Doable with a sporter S12, but easier with a pistol gripped one) Who knows what might happen in a SHTF/SD/HD scenario, right?

No, he is just welcoming Lupo to the the forum with a Saiga...032.gif