MD Arms Drums SUCK!!

I recently purchased 2 MD arms 20 round drums. One I got about 3 days before the 75 dollar special :eek:, the other I bought for the crazy price of 75 bucks. Both drums were tight to lock into my gun but all I did was repeatedly lock them in and out for a few minutes and now they click in perfectly. At first my gun wouldnt cycle the crap stuff while my factory mag would all day long. I did a bit more filing on my bolt and that cleared that problem right up. I didnt really want to reduce the spring tension in the drums, I would rather know that I could pick up any drum and it would cycle.

Now heres my friggin problem. I took 300 rounds of Wally bulk pack to the range today and it was all gone in about an hour. Before I could spend two or three hours out there and wouldnt go through that amount. On top of that it took me at least fifteen to twenty minutes to clean up all the hulls the range master personally came down and said I better pick up (he was an old fart and I think he was jealous). There is not one disclaimer or warning anywhere in my MD arms pamphlet describing this problem. Nothing in the trouble shooting section. Maybe my springs are to tight? If I turned down the tension would that help?

I recently purchased 2 MD arms 20 round drums. One I got about 3 days before the 75 dollar special :eek:, the other I bought for the crazy price of 75 bucks. Both drums were tight to lock into my gun but all I did was repeatedly lock them in and out for a few minutes and now they click in perfectly. At first my gun wouldnt cycle the crap stuff while my factory mag would all day long. I did a bit more filing on my bolt and that cleared that problem right up. I didnt really want to reduce the spring tension in the drums, I would rather know that I could pick up any drum and it would cycle.

Now heres my friggin problem. I took 300 rounds of Wally bulk pack to the range today and it was all gone in about an hour. Before I could spend two or three hours out there and wouldnt go through that amount. On top of that it took me at least fifteen to twenty minutes to clean up all the hulls the range master personally came down and said I better pick up (he was an old fart and I think he was jealous). There is not one disclaimer or warning anywhere in my MD arms pamphlet describing this problem. Nothing in the trouble shooting section. Maybe my springs are to tight? If I turned down the tension would that help?

If you unhappy with them i will take them of your hands for you , you just have to disassemble them to ship to my state for 'rebuild kit ' purposes :devil:.But for real i believe you have to modify them before use .

I know, I know, but it got your pulse up for a few seconds )? Nothing like dumping 20 rounds and still hearing multiple hulls hitting the ground when your empty. That and turning and seeing half the range looking your way every time you do it ). I want to buy more before tomorrow but Im busted. Spent it all on ammo and have nothing to show for it but a silly grin on my face.

man, you need to work on your reloading skills if it took an hour to go through, especially with 2 drums. you need to bring a partner to load while you shoot. that should cut down your time

Hey, there were a couple cease fires in there during that hour. Cant touch anything while the old coots amble out to change their targets.

Sweet vid, I need to see if I can get the range to let me put a big 55 gallon drum out in front and to the right just a tad. I miss the good old days when I could go out to the dump and it didnt matter if I left a mess.

Have you tried picking them up with a magnet? I will check them out.

No i havent. The Expert steel is the same price as the 1200fps stuff. I figure why not run something in the S12 for the same price that i know will have a better chance cycling, then the 1200fps stuff.

Mine suck. I can completely waste 100 rounds in 56 seconds....

I can't get the weapon running right with them either. Any suggestions for a newbie with less than a year under his belt?

:angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejy58DCoYKE

Mine suck. I can completely waste 100 rounds in 56 seconds....

I can't get the weapon running right with them either. Any suggestions for a newbie with less than a year under his belt?

:angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejy58DCoYKE

The last part of that video..........................a new way to scratch your nut sack.

Frosty

A little grip tape on the buttstock goes a long way :smoke:

Okay... someone take a pic of a MD drum, and photochop it with the awsome smiley... Then make it into a spoof of the all your base and the motivational posters by captioning it saying "all your shells are belong to us"

128931345795996604.jpg

+

Smoke%20Drum%20Med.jpg

you're welcome

smoke20drum20med12.jpg

Edited by Midnaite
  • Like 4