What scopes are you running on your Saiga 7.62x39?

They make FIXED power scopes.. 4x32 6x32 etc.. these are a SET magnification..

They make VARIABLE power scopes 3-9x40 6-24x44 3-10x40 etc.. these let you ZOOM in to see the target..

I run a 6x32 FIXED scope on my 545x39 rifle.. and used to run a 4x32 scope on my 762x39 Saiga..

I currently run a 3-9x40 VARIABLE scope on my Saiga 308 for further distances..

Most Russian :dollar: scopes are 4x28 6x28 or some number like that..

Al

The first number refers to magnification. A 4x30 (referred to as fixed power) has a 4 power magnification. If it is variable such as 2-5x30, the 2-5 means you can adjust the magnification between a 2,3,4,and 5 power magnification. The second number after the x refers to the objective size or the size at the end of the scope. The ones mentioned above would have 30mm objectives.

I'm using a Vortex SPARC on mine.

GEDC0118.jpg

• Like 1

If you do a forum search there are several threads on optics so you will find a lot more info than you are going to collect here probably. For the record, I have a red/green dot Leapers that I got on Amazon for less than $30. Works great and holds center. I am using the same UTG side mount that WYHIC is using.

+1 to vlad, YWHIC and Post_A. Red dots are the way to go for the 7.62x39.

Personally, I ran a PK-AS-v which I loved. Sold it and picked up an aimpoint H1 which I sold to pay for various upgrades. I than downgraded to a Gen 2 Primary Arms... which I sold to member Self_Inflicted.... Now I run nothing. Frankly Im not a very good shot, so Ill be picking up another reddot soon.... what will it be? only time will tell.... :devil:

The first number refers to magnification. A 4x30 (referred to as fixed power) has a 4 power magnification. If it is variable such as 2-5x30, the 2-5 means you can adjust the magnification between a 2,3,4,and 5 power magnification. The second number after the x refers to the objective size or the size at the end of the scope. The ones mentioned above would have 30mm objectives.

GEDC0118.jpg

How're ya liking that SPARC?

I use and like the StrikeFire, been drooling over the SPARC, looks like it might be on par with a Microdot, just a lil'bigger/bulkier?

@ the OP... The x39 isn't a gun for a scope, just my $0.02

Now a red dot sight, mounted as low as possible, e.g. ultimak, that is the way to go.

Edited by ChileRelleno

GEDC0118.jpg

How're ya liking that SPARC?

I use and like the StrikeFire, been drooling over the SPARC, looks like it might be on par with a Microdot, just a lil'bigger/bulkier?

@ the OP... The x39 isn't a gun for a scope, just my $0.02

Now a red dot sight, mounted as low as possible, e.g. ultimak, that is the way to go.

I really like it. It works. I don't like the rail mount though. I'm waiting on the TWS mount to come out .... if it ever does.

I really like it. It works. I don't like the rail mount though. I'm waiting on the TWS mount to come out .... if it ever does.

Yeah, don't hold your breath for the Gen2 TWS, might as well just put it on a Gen1 TWS or a Ultimak.

Coming from the land of Shotgun Deer Hunting (Illinois) LOTS of folks there use Bushnell red dot 1X with 4 MOA dots. They are tough scopes for less than $80, and can take the recoil of 3 1/2" mag 10 gauges. If I were to get an optic, I would probably opt for one of those. I am an iron sight guy, though, so don't hold your breath. As an LEO in years gone by, I learned to shoot CQB (25 yards or less) without sights, just looking down the top of the 870, UZI, MP5, M1/2 Carbine, and M16/XM177. After that, irons in varying degrees,

• 5 months later...

im using my old 4x scope from my psl. my saiga has the 21" barrel.

I am using 4x PSL scope too,PSLSniper, after 60-80 rounds my scope starts to moving forward,do you have this problem?and what do you do about it?

Zen suggested to buy an AK/Saiga scope base from Kalinka and swap it

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

PS Saiga7081,check this out

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/forum/132-saiga-ak-optics-%26-sights/

Edited by atakacorp
  • 2 weeks later...