100 series folding stocks available from K-Var

So what AK/Saige variants will ths listed, I'm assuming 4.5mm, stock kits fit? I don't currently have a poly or triangle folder on anything so could this be added to any AK/Saiga rifle/shotgun (pending the machine work to cut slots, etc. of course)? Thinking about picking one up and shelving for a S12 or AK74 (or maybe a SBR'd Draco???) folder down the road .

Thanks

Eric

(5.5mm)

But in general you can add it to all of the above with only slightly more modification needed for the S12. I would like to see one of these on a draco, that might be neat.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the Draco. Whole thing would be the size of a little shoe box with a 10 rd or 20 rd mag in it. With a 75rd drum I think it would be a wicked little SBR for a competition that has a bunch of close range targets...

By the time you paid for the Draco, Russian stock w/ hardware, and the labor charge to get it installed, you've spent about as much as an Arsenal SLR-107CR would cost you. Those come with US-made versions of the poly folder already installed, and all you'd have to do to SBR one would be to cut and re-crown the barrel.

Bulgarian AK's are also arguably higher quality than almost all Romanian rifles.

So what AK/Saige variants will ths listed, I'm assuming 4.5mm, stock kits fit? I don't currently have a poly or triangle folder on anything so could this be added to any AK/Saiga rifle/shotgun (pending the machine work to cut slots, etc. of course)? Thinking about picking one up and shelving for a S12 or AK74 (or maybe a SBR'd Draco???) folder down the road .

Thanks

Eric

(5.5mm)

But in general you can add it to all of the above with only slightly more modification needed for the S12. I would like to see one of these on a draco, that might be neat.

I was thinking the same thing regarding the Draco. Whole thing would be the size of a little shoe box with a 10 rd or 20 rd mag in it. With a 75rd drum I think it would be a wicked little SBR for a competition that has a bunch of close range targets...

By the time you paid for the Draco, Russian stock w/ hardware, and the labor charge to get it installed, you've spent about as much as an Arsenal SLR-107CR would cost you. Those come with US-made versions of the poly folder already installed, and all you'd have to do to SBR one would be to cut and re-crown the barrel.

Bulgarian AK's are also arguably higher quality than almost all Romanian rifles.

Its interesting because the dracos front sight post is slightly slanted and does not accomidate the 24mm threads. It would need to be replaced with the proper bulgy or russian FSB/GB combo in order to bring it up to snuff.. but the barrel is 11.45" long on the draco and 12.5" on the 107cr (post cut). I am meditating on which is superior. The Russians and Bulgarians field the 12.5 inch, and the Romanians and Serbs field the 10-11.4" barrels in 7.62x39.... Not sure why this is, or if anything is lost with the shorter barrels... I will need to do some research here.

Edited by bigsal

Soooooo then, we should all be the same, and just buy slr107cr then, forget the topic at hand is actually having izzy folders...

That's not what I'm saying. I plan to put one of these Russian poly folders on my Saiga rifle, and maybe another on my S-12. I think they're a great choice for any Saiga.

But, specifically when it comes to installing one on a Draco, to make it a SBR, it's worth considering other options.

...I seriously doubt that sbr'ing a draco would cost near as much as cutting a slr down

If you use one of these Russian poly folders, it'd be a lot closer. Just SBRing a Draco with a different, (cheaper, easier to install), stock would be significantly less expensive, of course.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

Thanks

Eric

(5.5mm)

Wouldn't a SLR-107UR be a little easier to cut and crown? I'm asking this with no experience with the slr series of rifles (Im just now getting into sbr AKs). Just appears to me that you just cut and crown the goofy looking piece of barrel sticking out from where the 24mm threads are.

How much do gunsmiths typically charge to install these?

$225-275 which should include re-park/re-paint

These are expensive, but worth every penny!

I agree.I didn't make the plunge until after I bought an Arsenal Krink but once I experienced the superior comfort and rigidity of the AK100 stock with a quick and instinctive folding/locking system I was hooked.

I have about 6 AKs I want to install these on and trunnions have been lacking(until now).

• Like 1

I agree.I didn't make the plunge until after I bought an Arsenal Krink but once I experienced the superior comfort and rigidity of the AK100 stock with a quick and instinctive folding/locking system I was hooked.

I have about 6 AKs I want to install these on and trunnions have been lacking(until now).

I thought I was bad ordering 3. I dont know if you noticed but these are the units with the slot for a recoil pad...:

ak100mst00pic8.jpg

Edited by bigsal

I received mine today. Pics:

ak100stock001.jpg

ak100stock003.jpg

ak100stock002.jpg

Not that it's any suprise, but these stocks are rock-solid. Now I just have to get 1, (maybe 2), installed...

PURE SEX! I wont be back from work until 9pm, but mine should be waiting for me as well...

By the way PosT:> that is a realy REALLY crisp proof mark on the side there. You got lucky! :super:

...By the way PosT:> that is a realy REALLY crisp proof mark on the side there. You got lucky! :super:

The (5)? Yeah, it's just kind of a white blob that looks like a malformed "H" on my other one, so I guess I did. Not that it makes any difference, but it's nice to have it legible. The pictured one's goin on my SGL21! :smoke:

• Like 1

...By the way PosT:> that is a realy REALLY crisp proof mark on the side there. You got lucky! :super:

The (5)? Yeah, it's just kind of a white blob that looks like a malformed "H" on my other one, so I guess I did. Not that it makes any difference, but it's nice to have it legible. The pictured one's goin on my SGL21! :smoke:

Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks, man. I can't wait to shoot the finished product :killer:

Even tho money is kind of tight right now, I had to order this. Couldn't help myself, thinking that I didn't do it and then it became unavailable again, I would have regrets. Plus, even if I chose not to install it, I can still sell it for what I paid for it, right?

Here are my pluses and minuses when it comes to having this installed on my SGL21 right now:

+ It's authentic and looks cool

+ It seems to be very rugged and solid

+ It will increase the value and coolness factor of my weapon

- Costs a buttload to install and money is tight

- It's still a Warsaw Pact length AK stock and the advantages of it having the ability to fold are rather dubious.

- It's non-adjustable and not nearly as ergonomic (as far as cheek weld, etc) as something like a nice VLTOR or Magpul mounted on an AR buffer tube.

What are your thoughts on this, guys? I torn between having an authentic AK103 or maximized ergonomics for an effective fighting carbine.

Edit: Also, what's going to be involved for my gunsmith in installing this? Will he have to remove the barrel? Does the whole rifle need to be refinished? Are there any guides? He said that he has never done this before, but is sure that he will be able to handle it.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

Edit: Also, what's going to be involved for my gunsmith in installing this? Will he have to remove the barrel? Does the whole rifle need to be refinished? Are there any guides? He said that he has never done this before, but is sure that he will be able to handle it.

Here is pookies template:

stock_plans.jpg

Once the receiver is preped, here is the intal instructions:

trunnionassemblyrd3.jpg

Edited by bigsal
  • Like 2

Thanks, Sal. What should I tell my gunsmith to use for refinishing the receiver? What did yours use? Should he just "touch-up" the affected parts or strip and re-finish the entire receiver? Also, does the barrel need to be removed in order to install the "latch" mechanism? My gunsmith had expressed apprehension when it comes to the idea of removing AK barrels before, probably because he has dealt with shitty WASRs with oversized barrel pins...

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

Thanks, Sal. What should I tell my gunsmith to use for refinishing the receiver? What did yours use? Should he just "touch-up" the affected parts or strip and re-finish the entire receiver? Also, does the barrel need to be removed in order to install the "latch" mechanism? My gunsmith had expressed apprehension when it comes to the idea of removing AK barrels before, probably because he has dealt with shitty WASRs with oversized barrel pins...

PA just got a quote for instal plus re-park/re-finish from InRange for $175. Id go with them rather than a local-unknown. I used them a year ago and was charged a little over $200 for the same process expedited.

PA just got a quote for instal plus re-park/re-finish from InRange for $175. Id go with them rather than a local-unknown. I used them a year ago and was charged a little over $200 for the same process expedited.

Did that include return shipping? May have to keep them in mind when it comes to put this stock on something.

On a side note, mine arrived today and this thing is sexy. Since it's Warsaw length Im seriosly contemplating going the Draco sbr route and using this.

So, is the whole receiver typically stripped and reparked/refinished? Which paint do these guys use?

Damn, $175 isn't bad at all.

The price isn't bad, but you should know his turn-around time is 3-4 months. :P

The price isn't bad, but you should know his turn-around time is 3-4 months. :P

So where else besides inrange would you send your firearms to in order to get this stock installed correctly?

Thanks

Eric