My completed NY Legal Saiga 12

The pad on the top of the stock can flip "up" like in the picture to properly align the shooters eye when an optic (like my 2x red dot) is used, and flipped clockwise to the "down" position to properly align the shooter's eye to the rifle sights on the gun. This stock with the UTG quad rail works absolutely perfect with both irons or an optic. Total clearance underneath the rail which allows a 100% unblocked view of both rear and front sight alignment!

The pad on the top of the stock can flip "up" like in the picture to properly align the shooters eye when an optic (like my 2x red dot) is used, and flipped clockwise to the "down" position to properly align the shooter's eye to the rifle sights on the gun. This stock with the UTG quad rail works absolutely perfect with both irons or an optic. Total clearance underneath the rail which allows a 100% unblocked view of both rear and front sight alignment!

I was joking about the barrel shroud I shoulda put J/K. There was a NY democrat by the name of Carolyn McCarthy who once said on national TV that a barrel shroud was a "shoulder thing that goes up". The saiga does look badass :super: with it but I'm very hesitant to detach my kerbs sights and polychoke to use one. How much weight does the shroud add?

I was joking about the barrel shroud I shoulda put J/K. There was a NY democrat by the name of Carolyn McCarthy who once said on national TV that a barrel shroud was a "shoulder thing that goes up".

That was indeed hilariously retarded of her to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

So funny.........yet so sad that these are the people running shit.

• 4 weeks later...

The barrel shroud is making me weepy for the HK94A3 I sold way back in '97 to fund my wife's engagement ring. 009.gif

Well, I still have the wife, and got some kids out of the deal... ah shit, who am I fooling?

009.gif

Edited by AJ Dual

Off topic, but the vid above absolutely disgusts me. Liberals....it's a mental disorder.

No. Stupidity is a mental disorder. I know more than a few gun-totin' liberals out here in NY. A good buddy of mine is damn proud to have both ACLU and NRA membership cards in his wallet.

But yes.. that video should disgust anyone that values the Bill of Rights.

Gun-grabbing fascists are no more "liberals" than religious zealots are "conservatives."

My grandmother, bless her soul, used to get choked up at how her beloved GOP somehow got turned into the "religious right". I know liberals that feel the same way about how the Democratic party has gotten stolen from them.

• Like 1

Is that stock sturdy and how does it compare to the stock that came with the gun?

I also have that stock (live in CT) and MUCH prefer it over the original. In the Tri-state area, it's just not worth the trouble of converting IMO when you have to mill and hack to fit some lamer version of this thumbhole stock to do so. I've used my buddies converted Saiga with the Choate stock and although it felt more balanced, his reliability was compromised in the conversion (still working out bugs) and the stock didn't feel NEARLY as sturdy as this Russian thumbhole. I frustratingly hammered my stock in to place (VERY tight fit) thinking I must have broken it in the process, only to see it didn't have a scratch or crack on it. Extremely sturdy thick polymer stock, and an improved enough grip change.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone... Are we sure this stock is legal? Looks a little too much like a pistol grip to me. Your responses would be appreciated. If it is definitely legal I would be very interested in where you got it.

Thanks for the help everybody.

It is NOT "conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon." It is behind it, therefore legal.

I just don't get some people. how is that any different from a pistol grip and a stock some laws are just stupid. I am glad you can atleast have a thumbhole stock though. when are people going to relize that it is not the stock or the folder or the barrel length that are killing people but the asshole behind the gun. looks good though.

I just don't get some people. how is that any different from a pistol grip and a stock some laws are just stupid. I am glad you can atleast have a thumbhole stock though. when are people going to relize that it is not the stock or the folder or the barrel length that are killing people but the asshole behind the gun. looks good though.

Don't hold your breath on those in charge ever coming to that realization.

Look up the recent gunshop raids in Nassau County. The DA publicly makes out an AR with a telescoping stock to be an assault weapon that no civilian has any reason to own. Yet you slap a fixed stock on that same gun, and it's a tamed kitten. Fucking politics.

Look up the recent gunshop raids in Nassau County. The DA publicly makes out an AR with a telescoping stock to be an assault weapon that no civilian has any reason to own. Yet you slap a fixed stock on that same gun, and it's a tamed kitten. Fucking politicspoliticians.

There, fixed that for you.

• Like 1

Look up the recent gunshop raids in Nassau County. The DA publicly makes out an AR with a telescoping stock to be an assault weapon that no civilian has any reason to own. Yet you slap a fixed stock on that same gun, and it's a tamed kitten. Fucking politicspoliticians.

There, fixed that for you.

True, true.

macgyverhk

great looking rifle.where did you get the stock?what make and what did it come off of?

The Thumbhole stock is off of a Norinco BWK-92 it was well made in America by Bishop. It is very solid and matches the Russian handguard's finish exactly. Despite the match, I will be stripping them shortly for restaining in Russian Red.

Thanks for looking.