I am disapointed in you guys

I am patiently waiting to Panic-Buy "MD Arms Double stack Magazines!":super:

To hell with patience. I WANT THEM NOW!!!

I don't even have a Saiga 12 that is worthy of using a MD Doublestack mag in. Sux....

I never liked the MD drums anyway. It's in the way of the side folding stocks, you can't fold it. They add weight to the gun. The drum is in the way of your arm, you have to reach arround it. They are impossible to carry, both in a slung gun and as an extra mag.

They aren't even that reliable, I had a lot of falures where the bolt gets stuck on the top round in the mag and dosent completely feed with both the wraithmaker and MD20 drums. I sold both of them because they are garbage. If someone makes a smaller diameter drum that spirals the ammo somehow and still holds 20+ I may check it out.

I'm not in the least interested in a double stack mag for rimmed shotgun shells that has fail written all over it.

Edited by mike123456

My MD-20s have been reliable and I have 10 of them. You weapon needs work if it won't run them or you need to put the spring tension back to what it was from MD. Mine have been more reliable than any stick mags that I have owned form Russian 5s, to Russian 8, to AGP 10s, and Surefire 12 rounders.

They are huge, but they work.

• Like 1

A vertical fore-grip helps a lot when using the 20 round drum. I have handled the "Other brand" 12 rounder, and I like the size a lot, but it looks and feels like the plastic they make kid's toys out of, and that really seems to bug me. Not confidence inspiring. My range has cement underfoot and the plastic snaps look real easy to break if dropped.

A vertical fore-grip helps a lot when using the 20 round drum. I have handled the "Other brand" 12 rounder, and I like the size a lot, but it looks and feels like the plastic they make kid's toys out of, and that really seems to bug me. Not confidence inspiring. My range has cement underfoot and the plastic snaps look real easy to break if dropped.

I love my vertical grip, and I got the CAA shorty from CSS, running it with SGM TRI-RAIL. Love this tri rail because it feels so natural can switch from vertical grip to classic hand guard.

So far I put over 200 shells through her including some 3 inch mags and a lot of 00 buck and everything is smooth and solid as a rock. Vertical grip helps a lot with recoil in my opinion. Saves my shoulder a ton and makes shooting fun again.

After fixing my gas issues My MD20 has gone through countless dumps without failure! Also I don't think they are impossible to carry, vertical grip again helps a lot with this. I wouldn't want to hike through open planes with her, but if used as a CQC weapon, id take Saiga 12 + MD20 over a light weight AR or AK any day of the week.

My MD-20s have been reliable and I have 10 of them. You weapon needs work if it won't run them or you need to put the spring tension back to what it was from MD. Mine have been more reliable than any stick mags that I have owned form Russian 5s, to Russian 8, to AGP 10s, and Surefire 12 rounders.

my guns are tromix guns and run fine with the russian 9rd mags I have. The drums are the problem. Im not going to dick arround with them and shoot god knows how much ammo through it until each drum runs. The same went with the AGP mags that dont work and need tuning. That wastes a lot of ammo and puts unnecessary wear on the gun.

It should work right out of the box, I dont want to shoot every mag I buy multipul times just to make sure it works. I probably saved more money buying russian mags that work.

Edited by mike123456

my guns are tromix guns and run fine with the russian 9rd mags I have. The drums are the problem. Im not going to dick arround with them and shoot god knows how much ammo through it until each drum runs. The same went with the AGP mags that dont work and need tuning. That wastes a lot of ammo and puts unnecessary wear on the gun.

It should work right out of the box, I dont want to shoot every mag I buy multipul times just to make sure it works. I probably saved more money buying russian mags that work.

I wasn't aware that there was a Russian 9 round mag available. I must have been sleeping in class that day....

Each of these 5 drums had been loaded with Winchester Universal and emptied 2 times before this video.

Maybe your Saiga 12 just isn't running like it could.... 100% Flawless ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejy58DCoYKE

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

I agree also that this is probably not going to go anywhere, at least at the Federal level. But keep in mind that there are a few States and many municipalities that may make an effort to seize on this, and use it to rationalize new or more stringent laws to further reduce RKBA, including so-called "high capacity magaines". Writing and calling any that show a propensity to use this as an excuse to implement "High capacity" magazines restrictions, and maybe even more gun control, may not be a bad idea. Note that Levy, co-Counsel to Gura in the Heller and the other gun case, I forget the name of the case, I think it was Drake, has already said publicly that a ban on "High capacity" magaines may be a good idea, and that based on those two cases, a ban on "High capacity" magazines WILL pass Constitutional muster. His statements have already caught the attention of gun ban groups nationwide, as well as some State and municipal politicians.

I say be alert for any of this crap, and be prepared to call and write any that do. Doing so may reduce the chances for price gouging because of fears of anti-gun/anti "high capacity" magazine legislation at State and local levels. If it never happens, you haven't lost anything by being alert, and if it does, you will lose a lot. Boy Scout motto: "Be Prepared".

FWIW, gun dealers in Arizona are reporting a run on "high capacity magazines, and even on guns. Let's all hope that this is a short-lived situation, but you never know, considering the mindset of many politicians and the effect it has on the market.

Here is the problem. You said Gun dealers are reporting a run on "high capacity magazines, and even on guns. Last year gun shop owners and dealers were the biggest source of mis-information!!!

to the point they were straight up LYING. All to pad their pockets.

I never liked the MD drums anyway. It's in the way of the side folding stocks, you can't fold it. They add weight to the gun. The drum is in the way of your arm, you have to reach arround it. They are impossible to carry, both in a slung gun and as an extra mag.

They aren't even that reliable, I had a lot of falures where the bolt gets stuck on the top round in the mag and dosent completely feed with both the wraithmaker and MD20 drums. I sold both of them because they are garbage. If someone makes a smaller diameter drum that spirals the ammo somehow and still holds 20+ I may check it out.

I'm not in the least interested in a double stack mag for rimmed shotgun shells that has fail written all over it.

no offense ....but are you a 10 yr old girl? :haha: impossible to carry? cant reach around it? are we talking about the same drums? the 2 i have work wonderfuly. my only complaint is that i dont own more.

I wasn't aware that there was a Russian 9 round mag available. I must have been sleeping in class that day....

Each of these 5 drums had been loaded with Winchester Universal and emptied 2 times before this video.

the russian 8s actualy hold 9 rnds (the 9th is a little snug) have both the md 20s and the russian 8s gotta say i like the drums better

(oh no blasphemy!)

Edited by psl sniper

the russian 8s actualy hold 9 rnds (the 9th is a little snug) have both the md 20s and the russian 8s gotta say i like the drums better

(oh no blasphemy!)

+1 I don't have the 8 rounder anymore.... I liked the money better than the mag, so it went bye-bye. Got a crazy collection of 5 and 2 rounders though. 39 Russians collectively.

• Like 1

Lets see some video or photos of those awesome Tromix conversions. I'd like to see a closeup of the trigger guard and the selector stop....

+1 I don't have the 8 rounder anymore.... I liked the money better than the mag, so it went bye-bye. Got a crazy collection of 5 and 2 rounders though. 39 Russians collectively.

i dont plan on getting rid of mine. i really do like it, just like my drums more right now.

Lets see some video or photos of those awesome Tromix conversions. I'd like to see a closeup of the trigger guard and the selector stop....

i would to, i bet tromix would be disapointed to know that one of their conversions is having a hard time using anything other than russian 9 (or was that 8?) rounders.

Funny thing is, I converted my gun myself, and it runs on whatever mag I insert into it, if it won't run an AGP or an MD-20 then the problem is with the GUN NOT the mag!

I'm really doubting that it's a true Tromix as well, I've never seen the weapon, and I could be wrong, God knows I have been before, but Tromix guns run whatever you feed 'em...

Oh, and I easily carry my S-12 with an MD-20 slung, tighten up the sling a bit and carry it butt-stock up, it's actually quite comfortable, and comforting to know that you've got 20 rounds of buckshot for whatever you may need it for... :blues:

Funny thing is, I converted my gun myself, and it runs on whatever mag I insert into it, if it won't run an AGP or an MD-20 then the problem is with the GUN NOT the mag!

I'm really doubting that it's a true Tromix as well, I've never seen the weapon, and I could be wrong, God knows I have been before, but Tromix guns run whatever you feed 'em...

Oh, and I easily carry my S-12 with an MD-20 slung, tighten up the sling a bit and carry it butt-stock up, it's actually quite comfortable, and comforting to know that you've got 20 rounds of buckshot for whatever you may need it for... :blues:

Caged,

Huge +1

Mike8675309,

A Tromix DIY trigger guard and a SAW grip does not make it a Tromix Saiga 12. Let's see it.... prove me wrong. Got all that Sherlock?

Holy Retard Batman. How do you get gun/AW ban out of maniac killing people? Maniacs kill people every day.

Yes, but this maniac is white, and though he has no ties to any conservative, TEA Party, Republican, TV Host, Democrat, Politician, or even the fabric of reality itself, being white is enough to make the problem worth banning guns and gun accessories that The Left assumes only white conservatives own for the sake of using during massacres that never, ever happen. So, there could be a valid point there.

Now please contrast this with the absolute deafening and frantic silence in the wake of the massacre at Ft. Hood conducted in a similar way by an Islamic Jihadist with overseas ties to radicals.

Then vomit.

Edited by Vicarious_Lee

Caged,

Huge +1

Mike8675309,

A Tromix DIY trigger guard and a SAW grip does not make it a Tromix Saiga 12. Let's see it.... prove me wrong. Got all that Sherlock?

Didn't Tromix state a while back (year or so) that there were some knockoff Tromix guns in circulation. The parts were just slapped onto half-hearted conversions and marketed as Tromix conversion guns???? I think it was posted on the Tromix website for a while... not 100% sure though.

Once again, and for the record, Rep Carolyn McCarthy has announced that she is preparing to file a bill to ban so-called "high capacity magazines". This was right after the tragic incident in Tucson.

Several other democommie Congress critters have stated that they want another AWB, but so far, no one has actually filed a bill regarding one.

Peter King R- New York has prepared a bill that would make it a crime to possess a gun within 1,000 feet of any administration, Congressional or other official. So far he has not filed it, and most politicians and commentators feel that it will gain no traction in Congress or the administration.

Initially, democommie politicians at federal, and some at State levels have spoken out in favor of such legislation. So far, little has come of this, and it's not likely that any such legislation will succeed, especially considering the takeover of the House by Republicans, RINOs notwithstanding. The democommie machine has almost unanimously also blamed Beck, O'Reilly. Palin, Hannity, Limbaugh, and other conservative TV and radio personalities for the "vitriolic rhetoric", claiming that such causes mentally unstable people to resort to violence, and calling for either legislation or FCC rules to either bar such talk or even have them removed from the air/newspapers. Sheriff Dupnik of Pima County (which Tucson is in) has repeatedly claimed that conservatives (meaning Republicans) are responsible for "hate speech, racism, and bigotry, causing some unstable people to act out.

Other so-called "news" and TV personalities (Tom Brokaw and Bill Maher to name only a few)have decried Arizona as having almost no gun laws, meaning of course, gun control. Brokaw said that since Arizonans can now carry concealed without a permit, he's afraid to enter a restaurant or bar in Arizona, and will avoid even being in the State.

Levy, co-counsel with Alan Gura in the famous two 2nd Amendment cases brought before the SCOTUS, and which affirmed the right of citizens to own firearms, has claimed that laws limiting magazine capacity will pass Constitutional muster. Actually, despite his alleged expertise in this matter, he's wrong. The 2nd Amendment has absolutely NO exceptions, restrictions, or qualifications in it, and the term "shall not be INFRINGED) covers that issue, since "infringe" means "to even touch upon".

I have not called for panic buying of any guns or magazines, despite Bridis's allegations that I have. What I DID say was we need to be alert for any moves by State or local politicians to pick up on these issues and pass (unConstitutional) laws, and be prepared to write their representaves at these levels to make sure that they don't succeed if they try it.

You decide if this makes me a "chicken little.

All of us are free to act upon our own beliefs, and can buy whatever guns and/or magazines you feel comfortable buying, or not. Not sure about nationwide, but in Arizona, several gun dealers, when being interviwed by TV commentators, have claimed that gun sales, especially Glocks, and so-called "high capacity" magazines have experienced a large increase in sales. Natchez Shooters' Supply has E-mailed an ad that they are having a special "high capacity magazine" sale. I checked it out however, and most of the mags included in the sale are merely standard or optional magazines, of which some of the increased capacity mags for full sized Glocks will fit more compact models. So that's just a ploy to increase sales, AFAIC.

I dident buy my guns from a third party, my guns were bought from tromix with 18in conversion, then my 8in was sent back to tromix for SBS conversion, pictures are in the NFA section.

The russian mags hold 9 rounds, you would know that if you owned one. You just cant insert it on a closed bolt with more than 8.

Im a 26 year old non commissioned officer, I carry guns for a living, and know that huge drum in the gun isent going to be pleasant to carry arround all day. You can carry at least 4 mags for the space one drum takes up on your gear also.

Edited by mike123456

I dident buy my guns from a third party, my guns were bought from tromix with 18in conversion, then my 8in was sent back to tromix for SBS conversion, pictures are in the NFA section.

The russian mags hold 9 rounds, you would know that if you owned one. You just cant insert it on a closed bolt with more than 8.

Im a 26 year old non commissioned officer, I carry guns for a living, and know that huge drum in the gun isent going to be pleasant to carry arround all day. You can carry at least 4 mags for the space one drum takes up on your gear also.

I owned a Russian 8, but as expensive as it was, I wasn't going to try and cram more rounds in it than it was intended to hold.

In the case of your Tromix S12s, it is beyond me why they won't run low power loads with MD-20s. I know that I can't possibly be better at this than Tony. That isn't much fun and it's a good thing there are other hi-cap magazines out there that your weapons will work with.

I too, wouldn't want to carry a drummed S12 around for long periods of time. I have 5 round mags for that and I agree that carrying a S12 with a loaded MD-20 would be impractical.

Thank you for your service.

I owned a Russian 8, but as expensive as it was, I wasn't going to try and cram more rounds in it than it was intended to hold.

In the case of your Tromix S12s, it is beyond me why they won't run low power loads with MD-20s. I know that I can't possibly be better at this than Tony. That isn't much fun and it's a good thing there are other hi-cap magazines out there that your weapons will work with.

I too, wouldn't want to carry a drummed S12 around for long periods of time. I have 5 round mags for that and I agree that carrying a S12 with a loaded MD-20 would be impractical.

Thank you for your service.

understandable on the md 20. but he also stated it would not work well with other high cap mags. makes one wonder. i guess me being a big guy i really have no issues carrying around the md 20. alos never had issues with the width just my :2c:

kudos to you. but to say that a product is garbage because you cant handle it, is just insulting.

True, just because you don't particularly like a certain product does NOT make it junk, junk can't handle being ran over by a truck NUMEROUS times and still function...

The Alliance Armament Wraithmaker, THAT thing is overpriced, overly heavy, and unreliable junk.

As a former serviceman myself, I've also got to say that a shotgun is NOT something that you carry offensively into battle. A shotgun is a defensive weapon only, the only function that it could possibly have in the field is to breach doors. I'm not going to carry my S-12 with an MD-20, or any other mag in it, around all day in the field because that would be STUPID. However, I WILL load that s-o-b up and hold a defensive position with it! I have absolutely no problems with mine, I don't "chickenwing" with it and I can empty it in a matter of seconds while still holding my weapon on target. If you can't function with it then the government has wasted a lot of money on your training... :sadam:

• Like 1

True, just because you don't particularly like a certain product does NOT make it junk, junk can't handle being ran over by a truck NUMEROUS times and still function...

The Alliance Armament Wraithmaker, THAT thing is overpriced, overly heavy, and unreliable junk.

As a former serviceman myself, I've also got to say that a shotgun is NOT something that you carry offensively into battle. A shotgun is a defensive weapon only, the only function that it could possibly have in the field is to breach doors. I'm not going to carry my S-12 with an MD-20, or any other mag in it, around all day in the field because that would be STUPID. However, I WILL load that s-o-b up and hold a defensive position with it! I have absolutely no problems with mine, I don't "chickenwing" with it and I can empty it in a matter of seconds while still holding my weapon on target. If you can't function with it then the government has wasted a lot of money on your training... :sadam:

+1