Saiga prices about to change

Looks like one way or another prices are about to change dramatically pending Mondays announcement. If banned from importation it will obviously skyrocket

but how low do you think we'll start seeing them if the ATF doesn't ban them ? The market should be flooded with all the panic buying thats been going on and

could potentially be the best time to buy in years. Here's to hoping that the latter happens and we can get some awesome deals in the very near future.....

This thread again?

Sorry, if overdone please delete immediately mods. I don't want to be one of those people.

Not your fault. There's probably an average of one new "THEY R GOIN 2 TAKE ARE GUNZ!!!" thread every week. Yours was way lower on the stupid-and-panicky scale than most. It just gets old - not trying to jump you.

My guess is the price is only going up. People aren't just going to drop their Saiga12s for huge losses....most would rather just keep it and have more than one.

I think your right for the most part but if nothing comes out about the Saiga (I'm getting more optimistic now) I'm sure there will be a few people looking to dump their's quickly for a loss. It'll be hard for an individual to sell a Saiga 12 when KVAR and others are still selling them for under $500. My guess is that we'll see at least a few for right around $400. If so, I'll pick another one up while the gettings good, especially since production stopped for now. I did the same after the AR15 buying craze.

I hope nothing happens to our shotguns. I mean, this is the 14th new thread started on this subject here in the last two days, and the only actual info I've seen so far is a link to one single blog post.

It makes me cringe at what would happen to the forums if any credible information were to officially be released that affects our Saiga-12s. This place would be like that scene in Being John Malkovich where Malcovich goes through the tunnel as himself, and everything and everyone is Malkovich.

Like all the subforums would be re-named "BATFE Ruling". And all the threads therein would be titled "BATFE Ruling".

http:/.forum.BATFE-Ruling.com/index/startanewthreadaboutthis

My guess is the price is only going up. People aren't just going to drop their Saiga12s for huge losses....most would rather just keep it and have more than one.

I think your right for the most part but if nothing comes out about the Saiga (I'm getting more optimistic now) I'm sure there will be a few people looking to dump their's quickly for a loss. It'll be hard for an individual to sell a Saiga 12 when KVAR and others are still selling them for under $500. My guess is that we'll see at least a few for right around $400. If so, I'll pick another one up while the gettings good, especially since production stopped for now. I did the same after the AR15 buying craze.

You might want to check that price again. KVAR

Saw that earlier. They'll come back down along with everyone else if nothing happens though. Its like a mini one week version of the Obama buying frenzy which means prices will bounce back to normal or lower quickly in my opinion.

Saw that earlier. They'll come back down along with everyone else if nothing happens though. Its like a mini one week version of the Obama buying frenzy which means prices will bounce back to normal or lower quickly in my opinion.

I agree. But I ordered an S-12 last night, before the price went up. I see this purchase as a "prudent buy", not a "panic buy." My other S-12 is an older Kalashnikov USA import. I wanted a newer S-12, to convert with different options. This was enough excuse for me. No regrets.

I agree. But I ordered an S-12 last night, before the price went up. I see this purchase as a "prudent buy", not a "panic buy." My other S-12 is an older Kalashnikov USA import. I wanted a newer S-12, to convert with different options. This was enough excuse for me. No regrets.

I'm with you, no regrets here either. The Saiga was on my want list and I figured now was as good of a time as any since the prices weren't too bad last week. Now I just need the money to convert them. Wanting to get one done by Tromix and the other by Red Jacket in slightly different configurations.

call it what you want but you shelled out money for something you wouldent have bought otherwise...

I call it panic buying.

I would have bought it eventually since it was very high on my want list, but I probably would've waited another 6 months to be honest. Call it what you want but I'm happy regardless of what happens since I got a price I was comfortable with. Being called a panic buyer doesn't bother me, either way I'm a proud owner of two new Saigas that are soon to be converted 027.gif

In my opinion panic buying is good for those who needed an excuse to buy a gun they want, it becomes a negative thing when people buy as many as they can with the intention of profit rather than keeping them.

Edited by Jeep297

Has anybody gotten word if Molot or Tula will be picking up the slack from Izhmash yet?

Also, with inflation and the weak U.S. dollar, expect to pay more no matter what.

If molot makes a saiga on an RPK milled reciever (like VEPR) i'd have to check that out. Maybe factory LRBHO and magwell. lots of possabilitys

Edited by mike123456
  • Like 1

call it what you want but you shelled out money for something you wouldent have bought otherwise...

I call it panic buying.

Call it what you will, I'm not worried about what someone who can't even spell "possibilities" thinks about me...

facepalm....

Not the spelling police........naaaa.gif

I call it panic buying.

Call it what you will, I'm not worried about what someone who can't even spell "possibilities" thinks about me...

facepalm....

Not the spelling police........naaaa.gif

Yeah, it's just one of my many pet peeves... :lolol:

On a side note, did they actually shut down the plant yet? I was wondering if there were anymore inbound of if the supply is done untill they restart making them at the other facility??

They're trying everything to keep the plant open.

They even rent out the cafeteria as a gay nightclub after the plant closes at night.

No shit... They really do.

On a side note, did they actually shut down the plant yet? I was wondering if there were anymore inbound of if the supply is done untill they restart making them at the other facility??

They're trying everything to keep the plant open.

They even rent out the cafeteria as a gay nightclub after the plant closes at night.

No shit... They really do.

Oh man that is open to so many comments. :lolol::lolol:

There's a thread on the Russian forum about it.

Russia isn't exactly as PC as the US either.