so frustrated!

I ordered my conversion parts last sunday, and they were supposed to (according to the label number) arrive on friday. Tuesday has come now and its still not here. I contacted usps about it and they said they'd look in to it and get back to me in 2 days. Here's to hoping they find the package and im not out the money and a box of parts!

/rant.

I ordered my conversion parts last sunday, and they were supposed to (according to the label number) arrive on friday. Tuesday has come now and its still not here. I contacted usps about it and they said they'd look in to it and get back to me in 2 days. Here's to hoping they find the package and im not out the money and a box of parts!

/rant.

Who did you order from? Doesn't the "label number"/TRACKING number tell you where it has been last?

Edited by JJ the GUN MAN
  • Like 1

Mississippi auto arms. And it tells me that it left mississipi, but that's the last thing, and that was on the 3rd or so. So no one knows where its been for the past 5 days.

Hmmm....Well, I'd just be patient. I am actually dealing with the same bullshit on amazon right now. I just bought me some JB weld and some UTG aluminum rails to make a flat top dust cover rail on my S12 and it tells me there is no tracking information. What kinda bullshit is that? I wrote a message to Optics planet (the company selling the rails i bought) and am waiting on a response. I would say that if you don't hear anything by tomorrow (by hear anything I mean see anymore tracking information) I would contact UPS and MAA and tell them the situation, give them the tracking number and to figure this shit out for you ASAP.

Yeah, I have a friend who works for usps and she started the investigation for me, and I should know what's up on thursday. Im just being impatient because I already disassembled everything and its ready to go, and I have nothing to put back on it. I was planning to take some friends shooting this weekend and pop their gun cherries, but I doubt shooting my hipoints would be that fun!

Yeah, I have a friend who works for usps and she started the investigation for me, and I should know what's up on thursday. Im just being impatient because I already disassembled everything and its ready to go, and I have nothing to put back on it. I was planning to take some friends shooting this weekend and pop their gun cherries, but I doubt shooting my hipoints would be that fun!

Yep..be patient. The only thing more fun than an S12 is a Browning M2 .50 with tracer rounds and an MK19 .40mm grenade launcher with HEDP rounds.

• Like 1

/rant.

Unless it was shipped Express Mail, that number is not a tracking number the way UPS or FedEx uses them. They are only delivery confirmation numbers. They only show when a package was entered into the system (whether or not it was actually mailed by the sender) and when the package was delivered. The fact that it does not show any delivery means that either USPS lost it or MAA never actually got it into the mail after printing the postage. As long as MAA paid for enough insurance, you should be GTG since there is no indication of delivery associated with the confirmation number.

It gives email notification when MAA prints the label, then updates when the mail carrier picks it up, and then indicates delivery. I know its not a real tracking number, but it does give an estimated arrival date. It shows shipped on MAAs site, and I don't want to bother them with it just yet. Ill wait for usps to get back to me on what's going on with it.

/rant.

Who did you order from? Doesn't the "label number"/TRACKING number tell you where it has been last?

USPS tracking sucks.

That's why I pay about $20.00 per package to ship Fed-Ex to you guys. (no B.S.)

USPS's tracking # is useless until the day after it's delivered.

But don't worry yet.

Shipping has been really effected by all the snow & ice the country's gotten lately.

Even some of Fed-Ex's hubs have been effected & they go above & beyond all the other carriers.

USPS rarely loses packages. They just like to snoop through them at times.

The only thing more fun than an S12 is a Browning M2 .50 with tracer rounds and an MK19 .40mm grenade launcher with HEDP rounds.

We have two M79's and two M203's (never mounted them, had them for years too). We have fired chalk-markers out of one of the M79's but never anything good. The 79's look kick ass though :super:

Weather is really bad, give it time....it will get there.

Edited by C&S Metall-Werkes

Pauly;

With your kind permission, I'd like to take issue with some of your characterizations of the USPS. Fact is, I'm a rural mail carrier for the USPS, and I daily, even in weather such as we have right now, run a route with 82 miles, and 600 mail boxes. I don't have time to snoop through anyone's mail, not even on my easiest days. Nor do I have any interest in doing so. And while, like in every area of life, there are those who don't have the same professional attitude I do, I like to feel as if I'm pretty much average as mail carriers go.

Yes, tracking is poor compared to FedEx and UPS, and yet, everyday, I deliver dozens of parcels originating with FedEx and UPS....for they themselves acknowledge the superiority of USPS delivery, not by word, but by deed. This morning, across this country, and pretty much regardless of the weather (we have six inches on the ground, and four more coming by afternoon) nearly 75,000 rural mail carriers will hit the road, delivering everything from earthworms to baby chickens, books to gun parts (one of the four free USPS Priority mail boxes will hold 70 pounds of lead, and ships for less than eleven dollars....ask me how I know).

I spoke with a UPS driver the other day, who said they have over 1,000,000 packages at just one of their centers, waiting for weather clearance. And of those, the USPS will deliver a substantail percentage to the final destinations.

Insurance companies call things like this weather 'event' acts of God, and such they may be. At any rate, we've all pretty much had to learn to live with it and keep on keeping on....the conversion kit will get there, and it will get there the earliest possible moment, weather allowing.

Nice comments, PJJ. I do find it interesting that some of my UPS packages wind up being dropped off at our local USPO for delivery by the mail service. I wonder if the Postal Service bills UPS for their share of the postage?

Apparently there is more than one level of 'Tracking' available at the USPS. I do follow some packages from point of origin, thru their various routing stops and transfers to my local PO then "out for delivery" with my local carrier. Others get entered, then nothing until I sign for them upon delivery.

I will say that both the private companies (UPS and FedEx) tend to be quicker overall, but Priority Mail works well also and tends to be a bit cheaper. UPS is the largest employer in the Louisville area. If you ever come to this city, take the tour of their "World Port" It is an amazing operation.

I hear you, but with the way the weather has been, my Saiga 12 is being delievered to me a week later than when it was originally scheduled for. Hopefully I'll be picking it up this evening!! But I agree, be patient, weather has slowed everything down and just backed up all of the shipments. It can happen this time of year.

I usually don't have a problem with USPS unless I use them when I order from Midwayusa. It takes over 7 days using Priority Mail from the time Midway ships it, which is always the same day, to go from Columbia MO to the West side of Kansas City. For the life of me I'll never understand that. But if I pay a little more and choose UPS, it will be on my porch the next day.

UPS: Delivers to my house the same time every time. The package is always in good condition.

Fedex: Although I've lived here 20 years, each time I have to take a note up the road to the neighbors and put on their front door to tell the driver that I'm the next house North. They never have the same driver and they always deliver at different times of the day.

I didn't even know USPS has actual tracking. I know you can technically "track" it with a Delivery Confirmation #, but that's not updated very often/quick.

I'm not downing on MAA but you probably would've gotten your parts on Tuesday if you had ordered from CAA.

Assuming you meant "CSS", then +1 for you.

Shooter,

Here's an example of the USPS tracking for a recent ebay purchase of mine. Kinda fun watching the progress...

AL

Tracking number

9101785091401874063235Delivered, Feb-05-11, 13:17 PM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Out for Delivery, Feb-05-11, 07:55 AM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Sorting Complete, Feb-05-11, 07:45 AM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Arrival at Post Office, Feb-05-11, 06:57 AM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-04-11, 17:40 PM, LOUISVILLE, KY, 40231

Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-04-11, 00:08 AM, JACKSON, MS, 39201

Electronic Shipping Info Received, Feb-03-11, 00:00 AM

Acceptance, Feb-03-11, 13:11 PM, PURVIS, MS, 39475

PJJ;

I didn't mean it to sound like I was saying the carriers "snoop" through packages, however I've gotten quite a few packages in the past that were cracked open by USPS & resealed.

Usually magazines (ammo feeding devices). When I asked the postmaster about this at my local post office, he said that he has every right to look at them, especially if they are gun accessories.

In my area UPS rocks, FED-EX sux and USPS isn't even an also ran.

So far this winter we've been absolutely snowed in twice; not even 4-WD vehicles can get to us. No mail delivery, no nada. The UPS guy will park his truck about 1/5 of a mile away and hike up the hill to our place to deliver packages (we get packages 3-4 times per week). He's done this both times.

I ordered 1911 grips from a company in Michigan, not a very big package and it ain't THAT far from Michigan to Kentucky. It took 41 days from the time they were sent (with tracking info) until they were delivered; the weather was conveniently blamed for the delay.

Shooter,

Here's an example of the USPS tracking for a recent ebay purchase of mine. Kinda fun watching the progress...

AL

Tracking number

9101785091401874063235Delivered, Feb-05-11, 13:17 PM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Out for Delivery, Feb-05-11, 07:55 AM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Sorting Complete, Feb-05-11, 07:45 AM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Arrival at Post Office, Feb-05-11, 06:57 AM, LANESVILLE, IN, 47136

Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-04-11, 17:40 PM, LOUISVILLE, KY, 40231

Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-04-11, 00:08 AM, JACKSON, MS, 39201

Electronic Shipping Info Received, Feb-03-11, 00:00 AM

Acceptance, Feb-03-11, 13:11 PM, PURVIS, MS, 39475

Yeah, you can see all of that when you check the Delivery Confirmation # online too. But it's still a lot slower to be updated than, say, UPS. I got a PM from a member I sent some stuff to, letting me know the package arrived. Then I checked the tracking online and it still said "Out for delivery" until about 9PM that night.

I called MAA this morning, message says they are closed today. Looked up the weather for them and they got snow yeaterday so I guess the who place shuts down when it snows. Here is a link to the local news My link

So I will continue to wait, and wait and wait. Placed my order on the 31st and still no confirmation that the order has even been processed or shipped. So much for the policy of shipping orders the same day or very next day. Thier web site does say they have a backlog and shipping will take at least 2 days to get out the door after an order is complete. It's been 10 days now and nothing.

Patience grasshopper, patience.

Edited by tritium
spelling (patients sit in the waiting room/patience is sitting on your hands)