DELETE EPIC NEWS?!!! Saiga 12S EXP-01-030 comning to USA&#

$100 a month would be a huge chunk of his profit margins for the small amount of business he does. If anything I'd suggest he go over to ARFCOM seeing as it seems sagias aren't his only revenue. The owner of this site is making a pretty decent side paycheck for the amount of business members and donations that come in already.

Yes, Max has built quite the empire..

Still, to run a "classified" ad is as cheap to do here as it is for your local paper.. It's onlt a one time fee...

Someone having their own forum here is cheaper than a newsprint ad as well...

Anyhow... dems the rules..

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good boy!! Now eat your broccoli and do your homework. Then you can play Nintendo for 30 minutes.

there was never an ATF ban and that isn't in the factory configuration.   after getting fucked in the ass for $1500 i don't think i could walk to the range....

I wish I would have seen your post before I wasted the guys time emailing him.For that price,no thanks.

Posted Images

$100 a month would be a huge chunk of his profit margins for the small amount of business he does. If anything I'd suggest he go over to ARFCOM seeing as it seems sagias aren't his only revenue. The owner of this site is making a pretty decent side paycheck for the amount of business members and donations that come in already.

There's one very well-known business mbr here who does not pay any fees yet he is the loudest

maybe this business member can help Oleg

• Like 1

Cripes... MODS forgive me but this thing about not posting links just SUX!!

Mods don't make the rules.. we simply enforce them..

Perhaps someone should suggest to them that they become buisness members here... think of the traffic they would get from this thread alone.

I fully understand, Juggs. I'm not trying to criticize. Believe me, I do understand reciprocal support between service providers. It's just that, since we can post a "Company Name" and we can google for stated "Company Name" in quotes to find them anyway it makes no difference regarding direct links. I'll not mention this again.

Still, to run a "classified" ad is as cheap to do here as it is for your local paper.. It's onlt a one time fee...

Oh, ok I read it as $100 every month. I supose a one time fee of $100 isn't bad at all. But I do agree with others, bringing up a company to let somene know about should be ok here.

I wonder if those Russian made 8 rounders that that one site sells will operate the LRBHO

The ones that are made for the magwell DO!

I thought the Russian LRBHO was a relitivly new thing, or did they just make a system to work with their stock mags?

The Russians have been running the LRBHO for well over a year. The start of 2010 production IIRC.

Oh, ok I read it as $100 every month. I supose a one time fee of $100 isn't bad at all. But I do agree with others, bringing up a company to let somene know about should be ok here.

for a business level membership, it is 100 a month...

I wonder if those Russian made 8 rounders that that one site sells will operate the LRBHO

I thought the Russian LRBHO was a relitivly new thing, or did they just make a system to work with their stock mags?

The Russians have been running the LRBHO for well over a year. The start of 2010 production IIRC.

Actually the Saiga-12 ver. 030 as well as the VEPR-12 have been using the LRBHO for years.

Actually the Saiga-12 ver. 030 as well as the VEPR-12 have been using the LRBHO for years.

Any chance of getting any VEPR-12s in the future as well? Yes I now it's highly unrealistic but I can dream right? biggrin.gif

The people that are making these crazy comparisons are making comparisons comparable to comparing a AK74 to an AK74su (or to be fair, even comparing an AK74s to an AK74su since those are both folders (yes I realize neither of the Saigas fold, but just to compare apples to apples) my point being that you either "get it" or you don't. I'm not criticizing those that don't get it, a regular Saiga does most people fine, even a modified Saiga does most people fine and that's fine too, but to think that you could modify a standard AK to "krink" status isn't feasible. (possible yes) but by the time you do it, the costs are gonna be way over what you're complaining about. I see a couple people mentioned the front sight/gas block, but didn't read much mention on the rear sight/rear trunnion. Could it be duplicated? No could it be imitated? By someone with a good TIG, sure, you could come close, but if you aren't doing all this fabbing and building personally, you're more than likely going to exceed the entry price. (granted, you'll have a pistol gripped converted one in the end, but I think that the people that were throwing out the price comparisons were being a little conservative on their pricing (this is only assuming that they aren't fabbing and welding things themselves).

Just my .005 cent

• Like 1

It does require several machining operations

No worry

It can be returned to original in about 30 minutes. :super:

I haven't really checked out pics involving the Russian magwell, but, would it be easier to just press out the front trunion and install the RSB, trunion and barrel on a standard Saiga 12 receiver? I'm not too concerned with keeping the LRBHO. I was thinking about it yesterday. Swapping receivers with a standard S12 receiver could be an option for folks like me who don't need or want the magwell or LRBHO and have an extra Saiga 12 laying around.

What's your opinion on this, saigatechusa?

It does require several machining operations

No worry

It can be returned to original in about 30 minutes. :super:

I haven't really checked out pics involving the Russian magwell, but, would it be easier to just press out the front trunion and install the RSB, trunion and barrel on a standard Saiga 12 receiver? I'm not too concerned with keeping the LRBHO. I was thinking about it yesterday. Swapping receivers with a standard S12 receiver could be an option for folks like me who don't need or want the magwell or LRBHO and have an extra Saiga 12 laying around.

What's your opinion on this, saigatechusa?

From what I've read the 030 truniun is different than the s12 and may require even more mods. I feel it's still easier to return the russian magwell reciever to rock in mags

This may also be because I modify surgeons tools and they want everything a little longer, smaller, can't you just, bla bla, anyway some have said repairing a bolt is soooo hard and some have said a russian magwell revision is sooo hard. it may be for some and not so for others.

Just remember everyone has God given talents. Everyone is a somebody. Everyone is Loved.

lokmeup,

Are you talking about the mags or the wells? The mags say out of stock while the wells are available.

Also, can anyone tell me if the 030's magwells are riveted on or are they attached with a screw threaded into the receiver?

The reciever requires some machining for this MW The front is attacked in a slot in the reciever using screw with a slotted head.

post-8026-0-36019900-1298318225_thumb.jpg

I am already planning my restoration... I think this is the type of trigger guard needed for an accurate conversion... I found the info on theAKForum

- Trigger guard... I've seen a few different ones out there but i'd really like one that looks AK-standard. Any thoughts on this?

You can start with the AK-Builder trigger guard but it will have to be sightly modified to make it look like a stock russian one.

DSC0313R1.jpg

This is the stock trigger on the real deal Saiga 12C

saiga12_zoom031.jpg

Looks to be the same style on the Saiga 12K

saiga_trigger_guard.jpg

What AK-Builder is selling

P10400871.jpg

What it needs to be modified to so it would look factory

- Pistol grip... i've got a few spare parts lying around' date=' some of which are some standard fit AK PG's, one of which is US made. Can I just use this?[/color']

Yes and No. When converting to a pistol grip configuration you need to have 5 compliance parts for 922R. It is an easy part for compliance so just use a US made grip - K-Var''s part number AK212B is a good match to the factory handguard

- Buttstock, any recommendations here? I was just going to go for a standard Warsaw pact length black polymer US made purchased off K-Var maybe.

I personally like the Russian Polymer folders but thats a lot of work. Again if you use a standard stock K-Var's stock is a good choice

- Fire Control Group... any of them out there work? Need all US made parts for 922r compliance I think right?

Yes you will need to be compliant. You cannot slap a Tapco G2 in there, the hammer profile needs to be modified to clear the Saiga 12's extra large bolt. I have always used Dinzag Arms Saiga 12 triggers. These are G2 triggers that have been re-profiled and modified for the BHO latch. These are polished and ready to go and count as 3 compliance parts. Brian also sends you some plastic plugs to fill in the old FCG pin holes.

P1040251.jpg

Dinzag Arms Saiga 12 Modified Trigger group

- Anything else I'm missing?

Not really, it is a straight forward conversion and can easily be done in an hour or two.

It could take longer if you want to weld up the holes and refinish.

If you have any specific issues or questions please feel free to PM me.

Here is my finished S12C conversion I did a few years ago.

skotts_guns_1410.jpg

skotts_guns_1411.jpg

skotts_guns_1420.jpg

sKott

Edited by lokmeup

It looks like a small tab of sheet metal is need to be tig welded into the "extra long" front of the magwell opening. Is that correct?

Acually its where material is removed

Also you are correct the russian saiga TG is shaped like your example but the 030 has another slightly different shape

By the way your build looks Great!!!

Edited by saigatechusa

Another question. Looking at this photo there is no stock catch attached...

saiga12_zoom031.jpg

Then, looking at this photo there is barely any (if any) material left between the magwell cutout up front and where the catch pin goes.

Are you not supposed you install a catch on the K/030s?

Acually its where material is removed

Also you are correct the russian saiga TG is shaped like your example but the 030 has another slightly different shape

Do you have a picture of what you are describing?

By the way your build looks Great!!!

Not my build... it is done and originally posted by Skott.

I do hope mine turns out like his :)

I never noticed that in the pics before... good eye.

No, they should have a catch installed. I wonder what happened with that build?

Edited by lokmeup

saiga12_zoom031.jpg

Then, looking at this photo there is barely any (if any) material left between the magwell cutout up front and where the catch pin goes.

Just analyzed it .022" pleanty of material because it's a hole

Yes the russian version has a catch

I have done these mods on many saiga's and this geometry works

It requires close tolerence work and everything fits perfectly

I am not 100% sure that the above trigger guard is correct. ALL of the pictures on Izzy's website show a simpler TG on the 030 variants.

0_value_12190_188.jpg

But then we see picture like this....

k229434_saiga12s-EXP01-030.jpg

Which show the trigger guard has the little triangle supports.... :confused:

You are correct it seems they use what ever parts are in the bins

I personally like the small triangle look

post-8026-0-32602000-1298325050_thumb.jpg

As far as there being room for the buttstock catch up by the front trunion...I spoke with Mario over at Piece of History Firearms (POHF) and there is room. POHF did the poly side folder install for Red Dragun on the first one they got in for a sample and their shop was recommended to me by Brian (owner of Red Dragun) when I spoke with him over the phone while placing my order for the shotgun.

I'm sure anyone of our smiths could do it, but I liked the price and availability that POHF offers me.

As far as trigger guard I'm going with the one from AK Builder that Lokmeup posted earlier on this page along with the selector stop. I'm having POHF do the conversion with one of MD Arms Molot grips until I can get a legit one here as well as filling the old holes, refinishing and putting the left side poly-folder on that I picked up from K-Var a couple months ago. FYI, POHF is in contact with AK Builder to get authentic reinforcement plates made and he's not sure if they will be available for sale through AK Builder's website or if POHF will be getting all of them.

My .02 based on info from the guy who's importing them and the smith who's done work on one already.

Eric

You are correct it seems they use what ever parts are in the bins

I personally like the small triangle look

post-8026-0-32602000-1298325050_thumb.jpg

And Saigatechusa...seriously...hands down the most beautiful Saiga shotguns I have ever seen. I can't believe I've never complimented you on them before this, but with your skill set I know why you don't need to pick one of these up. You truly play at a varsity level sir.

Eric

As far as there being room for the buttstock catch up by the front trunion...I spoke with Mario over at Piece of History Firearms (POHF) and there is room. POHF did the poly side folder install for Red Dragun on the first one they got in for a sample and their shop was recommended to me by Brian (owner of Red Dragun) when I spoke with him over the phone while placing my order for the shotgun.

I'm sure anyone of our smiths could do it, but I liked the price and availability that POHF offers me.

As far as trigger guard I'm going with the one from AK Builder that Lokmeup posted earlier on this page along with the selector stop. I'm having POHF do the conversion with one of MD Arms Molot grips until I can get a legit one here as well as filling the old holes, refinishing and putting the left side poly-folder on that I picked up from K-Var a couple months ago. FYI, POHF is in contact with AK Builder to get authentic reinforcement plates made and he's not sure if they will be available for sale through AK Builder's website or if POHF will be getting all of them.

My .02 based on info from the guy who's importing them and the smith who's done work on one already.

Eric

Thanks for the info. I want my to be as close as possible to the original configuration. Since they're already in contact with Red Dragun and have experience with one it looks like I'll be sending mine there as well.

Eric

Thanks for the info. I want my to be as close as possible to the original configuration. Since they're already in contact with Red Dragun and have experience with one it looks like I'll be sending mine there as well.

Has anyone asked them what they would charge to do a acurate conversion to the original?