My carry gun...whats about you?

My daily carry a Taurus T 450Ti in 45Colt now has a Crimson Trace lazer grip which fit perfectly. They all fits perfectly in my Simply Rugged pancake holster. I use silver tip ammo. My it is a really nice carry package.

Life is Good

Roger

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you carry for self defense with out a round in the chamber? Most gunfights are reactive, I doubt you'll think to chamber a round when getting shot at in the open. My Glock 29 regularly rides in a

Yeah, given that this one person (who you say doesn't like Glocks) says he's personally seen Glocks discharge by themselves, multiple times.........I'm going to have to lean towards "fairy tales". I

+1   I'll try to find the videos of LimaLife (a woman on YouTube who has tons of gun videos......and is kinda easy on the eyes ). She does some demos with her husband where he rushes her and she s

Posted Images

Between work and summer my daily is a kahr CW9. Otherwise its a m&p 9 or 45. Sometimes 7.62 Tok

ETA

going to try an CC my Luger :)

Edited by Arik

I tend to carry my Llama .380 for work and around home in a modified tool pouch. I carry my Taurus PT145 when traveling in a moded molle map pouch(often with the Llama as backup in an ankle rig). I used to carry my S&W .357 in a nice leather Bianci shoulder hoster but the holster got ruined a few years back.

i really like glocks, and much prefer them factory stock rather than highly modded.

They are generally large and the only safety is in in the trigger--have noted several buys blowing off their own kneecaps because the finger was on the trigger while holstering it, and should not have been.

i really like glocks, and much prefer them factory stock rather than highly modded.

They are generally large and the only safety is in in the trigger--have noted several buys blowing off their own kneecaps because the finger was on the trigger while holstering it, and should not have been.

very true, ive heard some pretty bad stories about law enforcement officers getting injured because their glocks were firing in their holsters. its too bad they dont make custom uppers for glocks which have an external hammer. that would probably make them alot safer for guys who need to carry them with a round in the chamber

very true, ive heard some pretty bad stories about law enforcement officers getting injured because their glocks were firing in their holsters. its too bad they dont make custom uppers for glocks which have an external hammer. that would probably make them alot safer for guys who need to carry them with a round in the chamber

You're saying you've heard stories of Glocks going off by themselves in holsters? As in, with no manipulation to the trigger? Or are we talking about people who forgot the most important rule of gun handling?

I've never heard of a Glock just firing for no reason. People just need to learn to keep their fingers off the trigger until they're ready to shoot. Operator error. I personally prefer Glock's lack of an external safety in a carry piece.

• Like 2

Hello

Currently a Ruger SR9C in a Crossbreed STD IWB. Have two LC9's on order to give them a try as well.

Used to pocket carry LCP, have Kel-Tec P3AT and Glock 36 both with integral "Glock Clips" for weak (left) hand SOB sans holster carry when riding motorbikes.

Everything I buy has to be in duplicate so the wifey doesn't feel left out. It's a bitch getting her to actually carry, but she has to have one of everything.....

-guido

You're saying you've heard stories of Glocks going off by themselves in holsters? As in, with no manipulation to the trigger? Or are we talking about people who forgot the most important rule of gun handling?

I've never heard of a Glock just firing for no reason. People just need to learn to keep their fingers off the trigger until they're ready to shoot. Operator error. I personally prefer Glock's lack of an external safety in a carry piece.

honestly, the person who told me that story was rather vague about the details, but he seemed to be saying that the glocks went off with no direct manipulation by the person wearing the holster, and that it had happened multiple times. but its also true that this guy doesnt like glocks, so i suppose its possible he was lying. it really doesnt make sense that numerous law enforcement agencies would continue to carry this type of pistol in such abundance if they really were that dangerous.

I carry a Gen 4 GLOCK 19 (I have not had any issues with it so far). It is a bit thicker than some other pistols, but I am getting used to carrying it IWB.

oh man, by the time i had gotten my glock 19, i had already had a glock 30 for about 7 years, so it seemed really thin

honestly, the person who told me that story was rather vague about the details, but he seemed to be saying that the glocks went off with no direct manipulation by the person wearing the holster, and that it had happened multiple times. but its also true that this guy doesnt like glocks, so i suppose its possible he was lying. it really doesnt make sense that numerous law enforcement agencies would continue to carry this type of pistol in such abundance if they really were that dangerous.

Yeah, given that this one person (who you say doesn't like Glocks) says he's personally seen Glocks discharge by themselves, multiple times.........I'm going to have to lean towards "fairy tales". I just can't see it happening without someone being at fault for poor trigger finger discipline.

Glocks have passed every drop-test thrown at them. If all of those drops didn't allow a Glock to discharge, I don't see how it would happen just sitting in a holster.

• Like 2

well, he didnt say he had actually seen it happen. i think he said his dad told him, who was an active member of CHP for 20 something years.

but anyway, i agree with you, if glocks pass drop testing, then its almost guaranteed that they wont discharge in a holster

Glocks have a lot of safeties built in. I had a beater glock 17 for a little while that I didn't give a shit about - the barrel crown was dented badly enough that it was a little tough to get the barrel out of the slide, the frame was chewed up, etc. Just for the fuck of it, I threw a primed casing in the chamber and played the throw the glock at the cement floor game. Not the brightest thing maybe, but I did have safety glasses on... Anyway, beat the shit out of the gun, and dented the drywall a couple of times, but the primer was not even lightly dented after about ten minutes of glock abuse.

PS, shooter, meant to give you a +1, not the minus. My bad.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • Like 1

Vast majority of the time, a SIG P238 SAS (although that's an Equinox depicted below; I've identical grips on my SAS). Once in a blue moon I'll carry my H&K P7 PSP in a shoulder rig.

post-4853-0-81827600-1299464586_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

RMRed Glock 20 on dress down days (baggier pants) or Glock 29, sometimes both.

Every now and then a revolver will wiggle in for a New York reload

Glock 36 when wearing dress pants (supa slim).