pistol grip conversion (AK builder vs. Carolina shooters)

I've heard lots of great things about the CSS trigger guard. Even just looking at it, it looks rock solid.

As for the AK Builder one.......I have no idea. Your link is broke, and would probably be removed anyway, as they are not Business Members here.

I have one of the CSS trigger guards and they are very nice and to me the best looking trigger guard out there and it is outstanding quality. the customer service at css is great! I've bought some stuff from AKBuilder.com rivets guages etc... and good stuff! but for a solid easy build Carolina shooters supply would be hard to beat! Greg is Top notch! and no I don't know him or am i related to him! he is just very helpful and sells good stuff at a descent price!

:super:

I'd like to convert my saiga 12 and add a pistol grip. How sturdy is the carolina shooters pistol grip kit (http://store.carolin...SION-KIT/Detail)? Would the AK-builder pistol grip kit be better?

Edited by Guns Are Great

My CSS kit & Trigger Guard is rock solid

+1... I just completed my first conversion a couple days ago, the CSS billet triggergaurd mounts solidly using 3 threaded srews through the receiver. I used a Hogue pistol grip, it has a notch in it so that it fits nice and tight to the back of the trigger gaurd and has one longer threaded screw that mounts it to the triggergaurd. After it's all tightend down the entire assembly feels rock solid! I'm really pleased with the ease of installation and the fit & finish.

BOTH will work ,however in the long run a real deal rivet in guard is closer to factory original . AK purests don't like or use screws . Me I would be happy with either ,but tha's just me . Were I to buy a used one ,I would pay more for a non screw gun .:angel:

+1... I just completed my first conversion a couple days ago, the CSS billet triggergaurd mounts solidly using 3 threaded srews through the receiver. I used a Hogue pistol grip, it has a notch in it so that it fits nice and tight to the back of the trigger gaurd and has one longer threaded screw that mounts it to the triggergaurd. After it's all tightend down the entire assembly feels rock solid! I'm really pleased with the ease of installation and the fit & finish.

I built AK's with rivets and this Saiga with screws on the trigger guard and after about 1000 rounds and no loctite the grip and trigger guard still feel like they were welded on! so screws or rivets? whatever you have the tools for! just go to AK Builder.com and check the prices on the jigs and rivet sets, and pick up a hydraulic press. but if gonna build 5-10 AK's okay, but if for this one shotgun CSS period! even next AK I'm going to CSS 1st! and I've seen screw build AK's that are fantastic! and this is your gun tell the purest to kiss your purely rotten ass and he can change the screws when he or she can afford to buy the damn gun from you!:haha::lolol::super:

BOTH will work ,however in the long run a real deal rivet in guard is closer to factory original . AK purests don't like or use screws . Me I would be happy with either ,but tha's just me . Were I to buy a used one ,I would pay more for a non screw gun .:angel:

Edited by Guns Are Great

I use AK Builder stuff on homebuilt AKs. I love their double lower rail!

BUT... I would go with Carolina Shooters Supply in this area! They have mush more Saiga experience in my opinion, sell quality products, have an excellent reputation for customer service and helped pay for you to find the answer to your question.

Edited by Azrial