Its good to see the AK actually get the appreciation it deserves. Seems like everyone I turn its AR AR AR AR AR ROAR AR

After shooting my AK for the first time, I canceled my Delton Upper and bought a 308 instead. Less parts and more punch

• Like 2

Its good to see the AK actually get the appreciation it deserves. Seems like everyone I turn its AR AR AR AR AR ROAR AR

yea, theres definitely some bias here with the AR guys. maybe they see it as being more patriotic. personally, i love both my AK and AR rifles. i will buy more of both, but itl be more AKs first. that reliability is undeniable

i noticed there is a limit on the number of videos i can embed in one post, which makes me think maybe i shouldnt use up lots of bandwidth posting all 10 of these videos. but heres another one i think is really interesting. would any of the mods mind if i post the other 5 videos, or should i leave it at this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Xf0H-WkX0&feature=related

yea, theres definitely some bias here with the AR guys. maybe they see it as being more patriotic. personally, i love both my AK and AR rifles. i will buy more of both, but itl be more AKs first. that reliability is undeniable

It's not a Patriotic thing with me regarding the AR. I spent over twenty years using the platform with lots of government money spent on me for training and ammo. Simply put, I can run it way faster than an AK due to muscle memory and I know how to maintain the weapon to keep it running. For reliability without maintenance, AK all the way though. It's not an accuracy thing with me either as most like to argue. For most engagement distances, either will place hits on target just fine.

Edited by MT Predator

yea, one of the major things i noticed about AR's and AKs is that they both are almost identical for accuracy. at least, that has been my experience with semi auto rifles. i suppose full auto might be a different story, but i wouldnt know. ive never gotten to shoot anything full auto.

one thing ive noticed though is that the stocks on some AKs comes down much more so than other stocks.

IAC47WOOD2.jpg

compared to

AKCIAMILLED.jpg

i would imagine this would have a huge effect on accuracy in full auto fire. whereas, AR15 stocks are much more in line with the line of fire

Edited by Cali_Armz

yea, one of the major things i noticed about AR's and AKs is that they both are almost identical for accuracy. at least, that has been my experience with semi auto rifles. i suppose full auto might be a different story, but i wouldnt know. ive never gotten to shoot anything full auto.

one thing ive noticed though is that the stocks on some AKs comes down much more so than other stocks.

IAC47WOOD2.jpg

compared to

AKCIAMILLED.jpg

i would imagine this would have a huge effect on accuracy in full auto fire. whereas, AR15 stocks are much more in line with the line of fire

I think that stock angle difference comes from the stamped (upper) or milled (lower) receivers. Now why that is the case I do not know.

yea, if you look closely at the upper on the romanian AK, you can see it comes straight down. the polish milled upper has a slight angle in it. i really dont understand why they would do this, because it creates more torque due to the larger moment arm. it seems like it would be asking for muzzle rise when firing in rapid succession.

IAC47WOOD2.jpg

compared to

AKCIAMILLED.jpg

You will notice that one is milled the other is stamped...

The AK deserves to be number one.

The FN-FAL failed miserably in the 1967 and 1973 wars in desert conditions. My friend who fought in both wars said that the guys in his unit threw away their FALs and took AKs from the dead Egyptian soldiers because they were more reliable and did not fail in the harsh dusty desert environment. They also discarded their Uzis because of the 9mm pistol cartridge lacked the fighting range.

The SKS deserves to be in the top ten rifles and the Garand was a much better weapon than the Enfield (which was a good rifle).

Well, the BAR was not an assault rifle, nor was the enfield,

the Garand, or the M-14.

An assault rifle is a carbine length weapon shooting an intermediate

cartridge. The AK, the AR series, the STG-44, the FAMAS, the AUG (maybe),

those are assault rifles.

The STEN, the mp5, the p90, the UMP, greasegun, thompson; those are submachine guns,

firing pistol rounds.

The Springfield, Mosin, Enfield, Garand, M14, FAL, and the G3 are

battle rifles, as they are full length and fire a full rifle round.

The BAR is either a fully auto battle rifle, or a LMG, depending on the mood

of the operator.

I watched the M14 video, and they missed that, while there WERE many US guns in

WWII, other than the M1 carbine, they all shot 1 of 2 types of ammo: .45ACP and 30-06,

which is a great thing.