I received my Draco and I have already test fit the bull pup parts to it and it looks like it will work fine.

The only problem I have is that Tapco 30 round magazines get stuck in the gun but the metal 30 round magazines don't. Anyone have any info about this issue?

Before someone posts that I illegally made an SBR, I contacted my local ATF Branch and they made it clear that this would still be considered a pistol, so no need to file any paperwork.

Draco001.jpg

• Like 2

You should get a letter from them not just a "they said". And another letter out on the intrawebs say's is an AOW. I don't know why the old AR pistols looked just like this and it has only one. I don't see the point over the factory setup but hey to each his own.

I received my Draco and I have already test fit the bull pup parts to it and it looks like it will work fine.

The only problem I have is that Tapco 30 round magazines get stuck in the gun but the metal 30 round magazines don't. Anyone have any info about this issue?

Before someone posts that I illegally made an SBR, I contacted my local ATF Branch and they made it clear that this would still be considered a pistol, so no need to file any paperwork.

Draco001.jpg

Hey Boba,

IMO, this is one of your best bullpup mods. I think it has a really big cool factor with a Draco, but I think it also needs some sort of stock or bumper or something on the back -- the floating receiver end doesn't look right or comfortable, and the empty trigger guard is no good. I kinda wonder if you could invert the receiver...what's the current cost involved?

Ugh, also, what about the fireball so close to one's hand? Some sort of shield is in order...

Edited by Koljec

Hey Boba,

IMO, this is one of your best bullpup mods. I think it has a really big cool factor with a Draco, but I think it also needs some sort of stock or bumper or something on the back -- the floating receiver end doesn't look right or comfortable, and the empty trigger guard is no good. I kinda wonder if you could invert the receiver...what's the current cost involved?

Ugh, also, what about the fireball so close to one's hand? Some sort of shield is in order...

Anything mounted to the end of the receiver could trun this into an SBR. Once I know it works I'll make the underside from the mag release back look good.

I don't think the fire ball will be an issue but I guess I'll fing out tomorrow.

Nice work, Boba! Only you would decide to turn an AK pistol into a bullpup. :D

I doubt the fireball will be much of a problem since the support hand would already be there, (on the handguard), on a "regular" Draco.

Are you planning to use the mag as a "RVG", (R.ear V.ertical G.rip)?

I really look forward to your range report.

Get a tax stamp and put a stock on it. In its current form it looks even less useful than a normal draco. I had always wondered what a Draco bullpup would be like.

I agree with this guy! Without the stock the mag seems like it would be a seriously annoying.

• 1 month later...

Very nice start Boba,

Perhaps a curved forearm brace off the bottom of the reciever to aid in one handed shooting is about the only thing I might add. That and a rail. I like the idea alot. Been thinking of doing my S12 similarly but as a SBS with the butt plate/pad. Sort of a 12ga. PDW. But that means tax stamp, so maybe not, lol.

Looking forward to the finished work. Good job.

Looks like you have already done it from the pics. Edit: Now that I see the pic on my computer instead of phone, I see the lack of FCG. Why abort this project?

Edited by MT Predator