howto adjust chaos rear sight

Good question! I sent an email to Chaos asking this question after purchasing my upper rail and sights from Chaos. I never got an answer back. I observed that the 2-4 apertures vary in height and tried to see where they would group with slugs at various ranges out to 100yds, but found that the rounds were impacting 2-3 feet high, using Federal LE low recoil.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my Chaos sights, but was disappointed that there were no specs for the other apertures for a specific round. If anyone comes up with a round that works with the sights, let us know! Until then, I'll be looking to put on a red dot when I can afford it.

For those who don't know, on H&K iron sights:

The "1" notch is meant for up to 100 m, the "2" aperture is meant for 200 m, the "3" for 300, and the "4" for 400.... but of course these "presets" are meant for rifle, not shotgun.

It is too bad that the Chaos H&K style rear drum is not adjustable for elevation. Actual H&K rear drums are.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

For those who don't know, on H&K iron sights:

The "1" notch is meant for up to 100 yrds, the "2" aperture is meant for 200 yrds, the "3" for 300, and the "4" for 400.... but of course these "presets" are meant for rifle, not shotgun.

It is too bad that the Chaos H&K style rear drum is not adjustable for elevation. Actual H&K rear drums are.

I know you meant "meters" not ":yards".

I was wondering the same thing..... So basically if your groups are low you can file the front sight post down to bring the shot group up. What about left to right adjustments? Have not install the quad rail yet gonna break it out tonight and examine further.

I've handled and still own several HK type weapons. In my opinion, and again, this is just my opinion. You should use a rear drum from and MP5,

like this one. http://www.robertrtg.com/pofmp5rearsight.html

I personaly can see no good reason to mount a rifle drum rear sight on a shotgun, unless maybe for a slug gun?

You could also use a castle rear sight, like I use on my "k" gun.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K-Rear-Sight-Genuine-HK-German-149p1235.htm

Again, this is just my opinion. Might not be yours.

I've handled and still own several HK type weapons. In my opinion, and again, this is just my opinion. You should use a rear drum from and MP5,

like this one. http://www.robertrtg...5rearsight.html

I personaly can see no good reason to mount a rifle drum rear sight on a shotgun, unless maybe for a slug gun?

http://www.hkparts.n...an-149p1235.htm

I have not handled an MP5 but can see your point. The sights are removable from the chaos rail. What would be a better option for a rear sight for a saiga shot gun?

like this one. http://www.robertrtg...5rearsight.html

http://www.hkparts.n...an-149p1235.htm

I have not handled an MP5 but can see your point. The sights are removable from the chaos rail. What would be a better option for a rear sight for a saiga shot gun?

I'll have to let some of the Saiga experts answer that question. I don't know if you could swap out the drum on a chaos setup? If not, this could also be an option with the MP5 drum sight.

http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?topic=64.0

It will sit up a little taller though. Might be nice for co witnessing with a red dot scope though?

Wow I just mounted my Chaos rail but I have not taken it to the range yet. I hope the sights are more then just eye candy. Luckily I ground the hell out of the bottom of the rail instead of cutting out the rear sights as mine didn't easily slide off. Should only take about 5 minutes to put it back to the old tri rail configuration.

Edit: Just filing the front post to bring it up should be easy enough.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

snip:

Yeah it is a bummer. I like shooting slugs, and I shoot different brands of slugs so I wouldnt want to file down the front sight to zero it in just to have it shooting high or low for the next brand. I'm definitely gunna get the titan rail but I may decide on different sites.

Have you guys looked into the mounting of your quad as a possible answer?

I know in order to get the chaos quad and therefor the sights to sit right on mine I had to modify the mounting point on the gas block so that the front and back portions were level.

P3170608.JPGP3170609.JPG

Check the alignment of the quad to the gun in this spot...

P3170611.JPG

Also be sure your using the set screw here...

P3170610.JPG

• 3 months later...

Good question! I sent an email to Chaos asking this question after purchasing my upper rail and sights from Chaos. I never got an answer back. I observed that the 2-4 apertures vary in height and tried to see where they would group with slugs at various ranges out to 100yds, but found that the rounds were impacting 2-3 feet high, using Federal LE low recoil.

Sorry for digging up a old thread but my CHAOS extended quad with sights also shoots 2-3 feet high with slugs. The rail is straight and level and gas block etc. seems to not be canted or in any other way out of wack. Has anyone come up with a definitive fix for this issue other than installing optics?

Don't get me wrong, I do love my Chaos sights, but was disappointed that there were no specs for the other apertures for a specific round. If anyone comes up with a round that works with the sights, let us know! Until then, I'll be looking to put on a red dot when I can afford it.