• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This week I did something crazy, I sold off my HK USP .45 and HK 45c. I had the USP for years and it was a great handgun, I had close to 3000 rounds through it, never one problem. The HK45c I just bou

I have a few Glocks and a couple Walther P22s. Guys with M&Ps and XDs are always telling me how great their shit is and how much better it is than a Glock, blah, blah, blah. Fuck all that bullshit

Screw American Express! Don't leave home without my G20....        

Posted Images

I have carried a Glock 17 for four years that I reduced the grip, added a beavertail and cut to accept Glock 19 magazines. This makes for an exceptional carry gun! I have other Glocks(21-26-30-34-36) but as far as comfort for carrying and shooting, I love this thing!

Nice stippling work there, Smoke Eater. Was it a DIY job? If so, what was used?

I've been thinking of doing this to my G19. I stippled my carry piece (Kahr CW9) a few months ago, but wasn't sure if Glock would nullify the warranty if I did it on that one.

Thanks, and yes home job. I use a cheap Home Depot soldering iron. I recommend letting it heat up for about 5 minutes the practice on an old AR grips(what I did) or the like. Do it all in one sitting for the sake of uniform depth and pattern. Have fun! working on them is my therapy! :wacko:

Dave

I have carried a Glock 17 for four years that I reduced the grip, added a beavertail and cut to accept Glock 19 magazines. This makes for an exceptional carry gun! I have other Glocks(21-26-30-34-36) but as far as comfort for carrying and shooting, I love this thing!

Nice stippling work there, Smoke Eater. Was it a DIY job? If so, what was used?

I've been thinking of doing this to my G19. I stippled my carry piece (Kahr CW9) a few months ago, but wasn't sure if Glock would nullify the warranty if I did it on that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot 4 of my Glocks today - 21SFNS, 20SFNS, 17NS and a 17 with a AA 22LR Conversion.

All 4 were gens 3s and I didn’t have a single issue with any of the guns and I fired hundreds of rounds.

I didn’t even have any issues with my Korean 33 round mags for my 17

I need to buy more of these thumbs%20up.gif

• 1 month later...

Here is a overview of my Glock G-20L (Long Slide) Project

This started as a standard Gen 3 G20SF but is has transformed into something entirely different.

MyG20L.jpg

Originally I bought a used G20SF with an extra barrel, 2 holsters and 2 boxes of Double Tap ammo for $600

Knowing I was going to have a complete long slide built for the gun I sold the Glock slide and the extra barrel for $525. So if you ignore the ammo and the holsters I essentially got a Gen 3 G-21/20SF Frame for $75.

I contacted B&B Enterprises and asked them to build me a Long Slide from Lone Wolf/Glock and B&B parts.

While I was waiting for the slide to be built I started reviewing my options for the Frame

Not wanting to stipple a Gen 3 Frame I looked for a different lower to use, I considered one with a Picatinny Rail and dreamed about finding an RFT lower but then I stumbled across a Gen 2 G-21 at a Gun show listed for $409.

I traded a dedicated 22lr Converted Glock 26 and $60 for the G-21.

When I got home I put the Gen 2 Slide on the Gen 3 G-20SF Lower and set the Gen 2 G-21 Lower aside and waited for the long slide to show up

It finally arrived and I had a great slide with a little problem. The smooth transition between the slide and the compensator was disrupted by a very ugly Bull Nose Profile.

Comp4.jpg

Not happy with the way it looked I had a friend build up the nose with a TIG weld and then I milled it flat on 3 sides. I left about .002" for final blending and used a 90 degree grinder to make the weld flush to the original slide.

Comp5.jpg

Unfortunately I went a little too deep on the middle of the forward serrations and on the very end so it's not perfect but I have a plan to fix that with some custom milling.

The next step is to send it to Glockworx to have the slide milled to accept a Trijicon RMR Scope and I want some custom milling performed to the slide similar to this:

Glockworx001.jpg

If anyone is interested I keep this thread updated.

Thanks

• Like 1

Why do you have to so stupid?

Glocks are great, and I have plenty of regular old stock pistols, 10 to be exact, unless you count the dedicated G17-22LR conversion, then I have 11.

Sorry if my desire to express some creativity with this awesome platform offends you but I don't really care.

10mm is an special caliber and the pistol should be just as special.

PS: That silly little bull pup a few of you hate so much will be available at your favorite gun shop in the not so distant future naaaa.gif

CIAad.jpg

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 2
So what's the deal on the rail.

Apparently the Glocks with picatinny rails don't sell as well as the guns with Glock rails.

Why is that?

Believe the problem was with the ambi mag release. Not the greatest Glock design. I had one and now have a 21sf with the Glock rail and standard mag release.

With their following and reputation im surprised they havnt branched out into carbines, shotguns and some sort of black rifles

Hmmm...Glock shotguns, very interesting proposition.

A 9mm Glock carbine that took G18 mags would sell like hotcakes if priced right.

• 4 weeks later...