"Glock Voluntarily Agrees To Stop Shipping 33rd Mags?

I took a trip to my favorite gun store in the Tomball Texas. I was told by the owner that Glock High Capacity magazines are not longer being allowed to be imported into the United States by the BATFE. The shooting in Arizona was the reason why. No Saiga12's to be found, but they had one in .223. I was also told that their cost for the 12's went up by $150.00 in January due to demand. I also managed to pick up three 30 gallon food grade plastic drums made in the USA for $19.00 for water storage from another source. Hurricane season is upon us.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 2

Meh, I've been told no less then 10 times in the last five years that glock magazines have been banned... I have yet to see any news about it.

Might want to give them a call to verify for yourself. These folks are not in the habit of manufacturing bullshit.

post-13534-0-27356600-1307561710_thumb.jpg

Yakdung

• Like 1

Google comes up with absolutely nothing to back up this gunshop's claim. How many was he trying to sell you?

I purchased four before anything was said about any importation ban.

Yakdung

Google comes up with absolutely nothing to back up this gunshop's claim. How many was he trying to sell you?

If you are searching for complete information on the Internet, Google would not be the search engine of choice.

Yakdung.

So calling a pawnshop is going to verify a ban on Glock mags?

Do what you want with the information I could care less. Tomball is a full blown gun store. I did call Bachman in Dallas and asked the same question. I was told "just because I haven't heard anything doesn't mean it hasn't happened".

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

I just spoke with the guys at Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo and I was told "Glock has voluntary taken them off of the market. I can no longer get them as well". He also thought that if the BATFE did this, it would be a selective action and all high caps would have to be targeted. Sounds like some under table dealings to me. I believe this to be the correct version. Vendors on this site should be able to run this up the flagpole and check for verification. It may have to do with this bill in congress as well. If this is the case, I find it kind of interesting because the KTI Korean version are unaffected.

http://thomas.loc.go...hp?n=BSS;c=112|

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Ironically, there is no telling how many lives were saved that day when his high capacity mag jammed. After a performance like that if I were Glock I would take them off the market too.

I don't recall reading of a jam in the Giffords shooting, if that's what you're talking about. Rather, I read that a woman close to the shooter grabbed the long mags as he tried to use them to reload the weapon.

Edited by Jim Digriz

Ironically, there is no telling how many lives were saved that day when his high capacity mag jammed. After a performance like that if I were Glock I would take them off the market too.

I never heard that his "mag jammed" or that he had a malfunction of any kind. Where did you hear that?

EDIT: Oops, JD beat me to it.

Edited by DogMan

Not trying to question the validity of your source, but a quick check shows the factory Glock 33rd mags in stock at several of the usual places. The prices seem to be what they were a few months ago. Also, the clone magazines are made in Korea, so if there was a true import ban I would expect it to affect these mags also. They appear to be available for the usual prices at a number of internet sites. Based on this evidence, a BATFE ban seems unlikely unless it is true and nobody else knows about it yet so the panic buying has not yet begun :unsure:

Not trying to question the validity of your source, but a quick check shows the factory Glock 33rd mags in stock at several of the usual places. The prices seem to be what they were a few months ago. Also, the clone magazines are made in Korea, so if there was a true import ban I would expect it to affect these mags also. They appear to be available for the usual prices at a number of internet sites. Based on this evidence, a BATFE ban seems unlikely unless it is true and nobody else knows about it yet so the panic buying has not yet begun :unsure:

The question is not local availability but if Glock has voluntary stopped exporting them. The BATFE thing is not so certain as there could be some under table dealings or leaning on Glock due to military contracts or some such.

Yakdung

If you are searching for complete information on the Internet, Google would not be the search engine of choice.

Yakdung.

Where would you go then? If I search for Glock magazine ban on Google there are only links to old discussions for 10 round magazines. There are no news articles, no discussions of any new ban, absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone even guessed there would be some ban on them. News like this would travel like wildfire across the internet. Arfcom would literally be on fire. It would be EVERYWHERE. It would be kind of a big deal. There wouldn't be no information about it. In fact, if you Google search for "Glock importation high capacity" the only link that even suggests anything of the sort is the very first result, leading to this thread.

Edited by L5K
  • Like 1

Yakdung.

Where would you go then? If I search for Glock magazine ban on Google there are only links to old discussions for 10 round magazines. There are no news articles, no discussions of any new ban, absolutely nothing to estimate that anyone even guessed there would be some ban on them. News like this would travel like wildfire across the internet. Arfcom would literally be on fire. It would be EVERYWHERE. It would be kind of a big deal. There wouldn't be no information about it.

Google is NOT the whole Internet. Google uses a link hierarchical system. Basically, more links to a site it will serve up that site. Use a Metasearch engine like Dogpile http://www.dogpile.com that uses the results of several search engines.

post-13534-0-79197500-1307573396_thumb.jpg

Or...

http://www.recipelink.com/netsearch.html

Hope this helps,

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Who in the fuck wants a 30+ round donkey dick magazine dangling under their semi-auto Glock anyway?

Leave the outrageously long magazines to the mall ninja dorks and IPSC game players.

Tony

Now Now Tony they are for a Kel-Tec Sub2000 carbine rifle.

Be safe,

Yakdung

Since Rabin was killed in Israel and subsequently assault weapons other than pistols were banned for personal ownership the Glock with buttstock and 33rd mags has become the most popular option for serious self defense In a place where ALL of the badguys roll with AKs,RPGs and Explosive Suicide Vests nobody turns their noses up at the "Mall Ninja Glock" setup and I don't think anyone here should either.

I own 24 of the "Donkey Dick" mags and I plan on owning a lot more especially when they work out the LRBHO for the Glock Mag AR15 lowers.

If they ban them I will be pissed to the max!

• Like 1

Yakdung.

Where would you go then? If I search for Glock magazine ban on Google there are only links to old discussions for 10 round magazines. There are no news articles, no discussions of any new ban, absolutely nothing to estimate that anyone even guessed there would be some ban on them. News like this would travel like wildfire across the internet. Arfcom would literally be on fire. It would be EVERYWHERE. It would be kind of a big deal. There wouldn't be no information about it.

Google is NOT the whole Internet. Google uses a link hierarchical system. Basically, more links to a site it will serve up that site. Use a Metasearch engine like Dogpile http://www.dogpile.com that uses the results of several search engines.

Or...

http://www.recipelink.com/netsearch.html

Hope this helps,

Yakdung

No surprise, Dogpile has exactly the same amount of information on the query. Now, apart from any opinions on search engine preferences, is there any information from anyone who has heard anything of this or just this one salesman?

Yakdung.

Or...

http://www.recipelin.../netsearch.html

Hope this helps,

Yakdung

No surprise, Dogpile has exactly the same amount of information on the query. Now, apart from any opinions on search engine preferences, is there any information from anyone who has heard anything of this or just this one salesman?

Two different gun stores same response. Trying to find someone that has access up the chain so it can be verified.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung

Who in the fuck wants a 30+ round donkey dick magazine dangling under their semi-auto Glock anyway?

Leave the outrageously long magazines to the mall ninja dorks and IPSC game players.

Tony

Now Now Tony they are for a Kel-Tec Sub2000 carbine rifle.

Be safe,

Yakdung

OK, you got me on that one.....

• Like 1

Was the original post referring to 33 Rounders or anything more than ten rounds?

The reason the 33rd mags are being mentioned is because they were used by the wingnut in AZ and would most likely be the primary excuse for any import ban.