A month or so ago when I bought my S12 and joined this forum LRBHOs seemed to be a hot item. I got one from CSS and put it up to install at a later date. I then read a lot of things about having to modify mags the receiver and and how hard it was to install. Now I am not seeing any more about them and no one has them for sale anymore. What is the deal? Did I pay $75 for a piece of crap I can't use? :cryss:

Edited by Palidin

From what I have heard is they are a bit of a pain to install and require a lot of fitting to make them run right. Even after installing them they are finicky and don't always run right. Time tells the truth and the lack of people talking about it says a lot.

From what I have heard is they are a bit of a pain to install and require a lot of fitting to make them run right. Even after installing them they are finicky and don't always run right. Time tells the truth and the lack of people talking about it says a lot.

Did anyone get refunds for them? That might say a lot too :unsure:

Let me rewind a bit....

Did anyone ask for a refund and get told to pound sand?

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Let me rewind a bit....

No sure about the refunds. I still think people are waiting to hear more info on them before installing them. I could be wrong but I know I'm waiting for more info.

Edited by Rangerguy

I have one it has been working fine. They can be finicky if not set up right. But then so is the S12. Shot well over 600 rounds with it along many fast magazine changes, used 7 different mags. There is one that does not feed right but I think it has something to do with fitting in the magwell.

I have one it has been working fine. They can be finicky if not set up right. But then so is the S12. Shot well over 600 rounds with it along many fast magazine changes, used 7 different mags. There is one that does not feed right but I think it has something to do with fitting in the magwell.

Glad to here yours is running good. Some Video's would be cool to see. :killer:

Glad to here yours is running good. Some Video's would be cool to see. :killer:

Will do next time I go the range. I meant to make one last time out when we were doing some 3-gun practicing.

Let me rewind a bit....

No sure about the refunds. I still think people are waiting to hear more info on them before installing them. I could be wrong but I know I'm waiting for more info.

I have been waiting to hear more on them before I did an install. I have not asked for a refund yet, but it worries me that you don't see them for sale anymore. The people in this thread that said theirs was running well, did you install it or have someone do it? :cryss:

what ever hapened to the thread home made lrbho by Grima It seemed do get deleted I was wondering why.

I guess it was deleted by the admins... not being a supporting member. He was only selling the concept, not any product. No different than any member posting an item for sale, IMHO. I would have figured one of the manufacturers or suppliers (like Tromix or CSS) on here would have jumped at it. Oh well...

Still seems crappy to delete good info I dont think he was realy selling just showing off like every one els on here. people offered to pay the 5.00 contributer fee for him.

Edited by deadeye

I installed it myself. I did have to exchange it since I ground the HB too short. The second one was much easier. Had it fitted in several hours.

They are still for sale on CSS website.

I got mine from CSS about a month ago. I ordered some more stuff a couple of days ago and didn't see them. I just looked again and still could't find them there. I think Greg has stopped selling them. That is what has me worried. :cryss:

I installed it myself. I did have to exchange it since I ground the HB too short. The second one was much easier. Had it fitted in several hours.

I got mine from CSS about a month ago. I ordered some more stuff a couple of days ago and didn't see them. I just looked again and still could't find them there. I think Greg has stopped selling them. That is what has me worried. :cryss:

They were still on the site when I posted that, I checked first. Just looked again and did not see them. I have seen stuff disappear and reappear later. Dunno

They were still on the site when I posted that, I checked first. Just looked again and did not see them. I have seen stuff disappear and reappear later. Dunno

I have the same web host and I can have products disappear when I sell out.

I just looked at CSS and the things are back. Matter of fact they are the first thing that shows under Saiga parts? :rolleyes:

A month or so ago when I bought my S12 and joined this forum LRBHOs seemed to be a hot item. I got one from CSS and put it up to install at a later date. I then read a lot of things about having to modify mags the receiver and and how hard it was to install. Now I am not seeing any more about them and no one has them for sale anymore. What is the deal? Did I pay $75 for a piece of crap I can't use? :cryss:

It seems to be a very delicate install that requires cutting up your gun and the suggested tools are not what most people have on hand (like a milling machine). I'd suggest having Tom Cole install it for you if you want to have it work correctly unless you are very skilled and confident in cutting up your gun.

I give a customer his gun back next week with one of mine in it.

Time will tell how it fares.

Just out of curiosity, does yours require mag mods and what mags will it work with? Will it work with a mag well?

Edited by bigj480

Just out of curiosity, does yours require mag mods and what mags will it work with? Will it work with a mag well?

Mag mods? Mostly no. It does make contact with the AGP mag, and slightly with the Surefire mag. Just deepening the cutout on the back in between the feedlips a small amount would fix that. It clears everything else.

So far, I've tried it with the factory 5rd, the Surefire mags (8rd and 10rd), the AGP 10rd, the Promag 12rd drum, and Md Arms 20rd drum.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with a magwell.

Mag mods? Mostly no. It does make contact with the AGP mag, and slightly with the Surefire mag. Just deepening the cutout on the back in between the feedlips a small amount would fix that. It clears everything else.

So far, I've tried it with the factory 5rd, the Surefire mags (8rd and 10rd), the AGP 10rd, the Promag 12rd drum, and Md Arms 20rd drum.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with a magwell.

MD-20? Bring it. I'm sick of waiting for the current offerings to get the "bugs" worked out of them :unsure:

Well, I got 2 installed this week, in amongst the other things to be done.

The only problem is that it's tough not to have the bolt drop and load the first round when inserting a 20rd drum. The 12rd drums are a bit easier, but not much.

I could beef up its spring, but I don't want it to start locking the bolt with a round left in the mag.

Of course, since the factory manual BHO is still in the gun, and just a tad further back, the bolt could be pulled back to it, and then it wouldn't matter.

Well, I got 2 installed this week, in amongst the other things to be done.

The only problem is that it's tough not to have the bolt drop and load the first round when inserting a 20rd drum. The 12rd drums are a bit easier, but not much.

I could beef up its spring, but I don't want it to start locking the bolt with a round left in the mag.

Of course, since the factory manual BHO is still in the gun, and just a tad further back, the bolt could be pulled back to it, and then it wouldn't matter.

I actually like the carrier coming home as long as the mag is almost locked when it happens. Say when.... I will start with one and buy three more if I like the first, provided the price isn't crazy high :ph34r:

Delivered both last week, we'll see soon enough.

Got another to do this week or next.

On another note, I think I've figured out a way to make CGWs one work much easier. I just need to try it on one. It requires a serious modification of the BHO, but if I'm right, it would make fitting it much easier, and allow the shells to come up all the way to the mags feedlips, as originally designed. This would improve the reliability greatly.

On another note, I think I've figured out a way to make CGWs one work much easier. I just need to try it on one. It requires a serious modification of the BHO, but if I'm right, it would make fitting it much easier, and allow the shells to come up all the way to the mags feedlips, as originally designed. This would improve the reliability greatly.

You can do that if you elongate the hole the pin goes in like a vertical slot and move the spring to in front of that pin. It allows the "hook" to freely move up without moving the rear bolt stop but when the "hook" moves down it will still push the rear stop up to do its function. Thats what I did to mine anyway.

Edit: I should mention that when you put the spring in front it has to push down instead of up like it did when it was in the back.

Edited by Shadoh

Well, so far I've delivered 2. They were both the one I designed.

Unless Greg's got another one, he has the Cadiz one. It's the only one I know of on the market, unless you can find a Russian one.

I'm sure that I am not the only one who is interested buying yours, so give us a little ballpark idea of when we can buy it and how much it might be :angel: