Where to purchase a s12 bolt?

I found a S12 that's being sold very cheap without the bolt assembly. I don't know yet what he means by bolt assembly, but for now I'll assume he means bolt and carrier. What I'm asking is this: does anyone know where I can purchase a bolt and carrier?

It better be ridiculously cheap! The bolt and carrier and generally not available without purchasing an entire shotgun. I believe Kvar brought some in earlier this year, and they quickly sold out. You might try Tom Cole at CGW, but it's a long shot.

You are not a Contributor so you can't sell it here! :haha2:

oh.. right.. sorry about that.. let me edit... lol

I do not have a bolt for sale.. but if I hypothetically did it would be about $600 and could hypothetically be purchased by PMing me.. :angel:

:lolol:

I do not have a bolt for sale.. but if I hypothetically did it would be about $600 and could hypothetically be purchased by PMing me.. :angel:

Do you get the rest of the gun for free if one buys the bolt carrier, hypothetically?

Do you get the rest of the gun for free if one buys the bolt carrier, hypothetically?

ha no...

I keep it so I can do all the things I would like to without fear of damaging the gun & can make two unique builds.. simply swapping the bolt... that was the joke after all.. was never really selling anything to begin with.. certainly not a 12 for 600.. I just bought one at the height of the "omg they might get banned period" and paid upper 700..

I was more or less joking around..

ha no...

I keep it so I can do all the things I would like to without fear of damaging the gun & can make two unique builds.. simply swapping the bolt... that was the joke after all.. was never really selling anything to begin with.. certainly not a 12 for 600.. I just bought one at the height of the "omg they might get banned period" and paid upper 700..

I was more or less joking around..

I figured as much :lolol:

Just to add my .02.....when Doug Ford was selling the Saiga 12 parts a number of years ago I ordered a spare bolt from him and was told at the time I got the last one and included was the complete bolt AND an extra bolt head all complete and new, frozen solid with paint and grease. Took days to get seperated and cleaned up but both function perfectly. Since then I have found no one else with spare bolts.

I gotta wonder, with the demand for parts being what it is and the supply virtually nonexistent, why hasn't any vendor started stripping whole S-12's and parting them out? It seems like the natural solution. Sure not all the parts would sell, but you could set the prices accordingly. A new S-12 is $600 - $700. What parts do you get for that? A barrel, gas tube and rear sight block, bolt and carrier, dust cover, fire control group, a 5-round mag, gas plug, gas puck, thread protector, handguard, sling swivel, recoil spring, maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. What would people be willing to pay for these parts?

Curious someone would sell an S12 without the bolt assembly.

I bought a spare assembly from a forum member last year. It's more for spare parts than anything, though I might send it off to get polished or something. It'd take more money than it's probably worth for me to part with it.

They probably wanted a spare bolt assembly and couldn't find it on its own.

I gotta wonder, with the demand for parts being what it is and the supply virtually nonexistent, why hasn't any vendor started stripping whole S-12's and parting them out? It seems like the natural solution. Sure not all the parts would sell, but you could set the prices accordingly. A new S-12 is $600 - $700. What parts do you get for that? A barrel, gas tube and rear sight block, bolt and carrier, dust cover, fire control group, a 5-round mag, gas plug, gas puck, thread protector, handguard, sling swivel, recoil spring, maybe a couple others I'm forgetting. What would people be willing to pay for these parts?

Likely because they're are a few pieces that would sell alot of and many more they couldn't sell more than a very few. With most people converting there are a number of those parts floating around peoples' homes, they'd never need spares. So then you have maybe four or five subassemblies carrying the entire price of the parted shotgun and whatever margin to justify the extra time and energy to disassmeble and catalogue.

The bolt assembly is a good example... people want $600 for a replacement bolt assembly... might as well buy a new S12 at that point and strip the part out yourself. If a company broke down S12's for parts, they'd charge less but not much else. They only have to sell it for a bit less than what it costs to completely replace to make the sale.

Edited by Mythos

They probably wanted a spare bolt assembly and couldn't find it on its own.

Likely because they're are a few pieces that would sell alot of and many more they couldn't sell more than a very few. With most people converting there are a number of those parts floating around peoples' homes, they'd never need spares. So then you have maybe four or five subassemblies carrying the entire price of the parted shotgun and whatever margin to justify the extra time and energy to disassmeble and catalogue.

The bolt assembly is a good example... people want $600 for a replacement bolt assembly... might as well buy a new S12 at that point and strip the part out yourself. If a company broke down S12's for parts, they'd charge less but not much else. They only have to sell it for a bit less than what it costs to completely replace to make the sale.

I'm pretty sure that someone in Russia could strip S12's and make a profit selling the parts to the U.S. market, even accounting for trashing the receiver. It would be especially good if they started with real S12's and not the bullshit sporterized ones so we could buy the right buttstocks and foregrip.

I bought one from Tantel as a spare a couple of years ago. I thing I may have paid $50.00. He gets these in every now and then. Give Tantel a try, I bet he will either have one or could get one soon.

Tantal (avtomats-in-action) (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/) is no longer in business.

I too bought a spare bolt assembly from him, and some other goodies too.

I'll sell the bolt assembly for $500.00, thats a savings of $100.00 on Vladtepes.

I bought one from Tantel as a spare a couple of years ago. I thing I may have paid $50.00. He gets these in every now and then. Give Tantel a try, I bet he will either have one or could get one soon.

Tantal (avtomats-in-action) (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/) is no longer in business.

I'll sell the bolt assembly for $500.00, thats a savings of $100.00 on Vladtepes.

you sir are the winner.. :smoke:

you sir are the winner.. :smoke:

Thats to bad about Tantel. They were a good resource for parts. We need more American made spares.