Phuckin Philly Has Gone Insane... Another Mob Home Invasion, 3 Wounde

WTF!?!? WTF is going on with these people?

http://www.philly.co..._S__Philly.html

psaw_toggle_close.gifpsaw_toggle_arrow.gif

2yrold_shot_760.jpg

Police investigators photograph the scene of a multiple shooting on the 1200 block of Bucknell Street in South Philadelphia on Tuesday, September 27, 2011.

(Yong Kim / Staff Photographer)

RELATED STORIES

Mob attacks man in his house 3 shot in brawl started by girls

Posted on Wed, Sep. 28, 2011

2-year-old shot in mob brawl in S. Philly

By Robert Moran

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

A critically wounded 2-year-old girl was among four people shot Tuesday night in South Philadelphia, when a mob of girls charged a house and gunfire erupted in a dispute stemming from a high school fight, police said.

A 10-year-boy and a 59-year-old woman, who live in the same house as the toddler, also were wounded and were hospitalized in stable condition.

A 25-year-old man was shot in the finger.

Police were called at 7:31 p.m. to the 1200 block of South Bucknell Street in response to a report of a melee and gunfire.

The 2-year-old was shot in the stomach and hip areas and in a hand, police said.

The boy was shot in the right calf. Both were being treated at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

The woman was shot in the left leg, police said. She was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

The gunman was described as black, 25 to 30 years old, weighing about 210 pounds and standing about six feet tall, police said.

He was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans, and a fitted baseball cap. He was last seen running south on Bucknell.

Police spokesman Lt. Raymond Evers said a fight among girls from South Philadelphia High School led to another altercation and, ultimately, the shooting.

Girls involved in the fight showed up at a 12-year-old girl's house on Bucknell, Evers said. "The girls were pushing into the house," Evers said.

Some neighbors got involved, and one girl called an unidentified man, Evers said.

A group of men arrived at the scene and the fighting escalated. Two men pulled out guns and one of them began firing.

Chief Inspector Scott Small said the two children were in the house when they were wounded.

Blood was visible on the living room floor just inside the front door. The woman was in front of the house when she was hit, Small said.

Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey also responded to scene and denounced a culture of violence among young people.

A neighbor said he saw "a pack of kids raising hell" down the block. Soon afterward, he heard gunshots.

The neighbor said he called 911 and by the time he got off the phone, a patrol car had arrived. By that point, everyone involved in the melee had scattered.

The officer "ran through the house and he came out with the baby" and sped off, the neighbor said.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I am sure you have seen escape from New York, well lets build the same wall around philly and let them kill them selves off. I work in the pittsburgh area but my company's home office is in n. philly Trust me as much time as I spent in that town we aren't losing anything of value by building the wall. JMO.

I am sure you have seen escape from New York, well lets build the same wall around philly and let them kill them selves off. I work in the pittsburgh area but my company's home office is in n. philly Trust me as much time as I spent in that town we aren't losing anything of value by building the wall. JMO.

Just get the cheese steak stands moved before you wall it off pleasebad_smile.gif

• Like 1

Nothing new here. Its just now making national headlines. About 85% of Philly is ghetto. A few years back it was popular to shot cops. Several were killed over one summer. Then we had a shitload of murders per weekend. NY is not the problem. Philly is surrounded by ghettos. Camden NJ, Trenton NJ, Chester Pa, Wilmington DE, and many more. Before you even get to NY there is Jersey City NJ, Newark NJ, Elizabeth NJ....the list goes on and on.

Center city is nice but its a green zone. Step out and you need kevlar. There are nice parts too of course but they never make the news.

• Like 1

Exactly right Arik.

Philly is no different from any other large city in America today. Strong police presence in the downtown districts to protect the businesses, colleges and tourist attractions. But the surrounding areas are no mans land.

Maybe on the next march for equality someone should be pushing a broom.

This is why I argue that abortions should be legal and state funded, and birth control should be free and readily accessible (I'd say put it in the water if we could get away with it). The poor/uneducated in this country are having kids (many of them unwanted/unplaned) much faster than those with the resources to take care of them. They grow up to be kids who don't have steady/reliable parents and end up doing shit like this. Getting someone on the pill or funding an abortion is a lot cheaper than putting someone in prison for 20 years, paying for wellfare, or the cost of trying to keep this shit in check. You got thousands of teens with no parental involvement, roaming the streets and this type of shit is bound to happen.

This is why I argue that abortions should be legal and state funded, and birth control should be free and readily accessible (I'd say put it in the water if we could get away with it). The poor/uneducated in this country are having kids (many of them unwanted/unplaned) much faster than those with the resources to take care of them. They grow up to be kids who don't have steady/reliable parents and end up doing shit like this. Getting someone on the pill or funding an abortion is a lot cheaper than putting someone in prison for 20 years, paying for wellfare, or the cost of trying to keep this shit in check. You got thousands of teens with no parental involvement, roaming the streets and this type of shit is bound to happen.

or just add an express lane to death row, use firing squads. cheaper than abortion and birth control, and deters crime

or just add an express lane to death row, use firing squads. cheaper than abortion and birth control, and deters crime

We need a 25 yard sight in range at every prison with a death row. Trot out a killer, sight in your rifle and solve a social problem all at the same time...biggrin.png

Edited by Jpanzer

The problem with an express line to a firing squad on death row is that by the time they're on death row they've already committed the crime. If they never existed we wouldn't have the horrific crime that got them to death row. How much does a murder trial cost the state? How much does it cost to house the inmate while that's going on? What's the cost to the victims?

These criminals aren't thinking about the consequences of their actions when they have the mob mentality and bust through people's doors. It would be better if they were never born.

My guess is this is just the beginning / tip of the iceberg on social unrest to come. Too few jobs, too little money among the masses, and no light at the end of the tunnel. Hell even the crooks are pissed because there’s no body worth robbing around their neighborhoods right now. Who knows look at Mexico with the wild and brutal crimes and see the future of America? There are some things about living out in the sticks that look better every day and if I lived in a major metro area I’d be looking to move.

Not to sound apathetic... but I don't care... this shit doesn't (and won't) happen where I live.

That's one of the dumbest fucking responses I've ever read.

Live in your utopia pal,but make sure you never wander blindly into the real world, because you will be eaten alive if you ever do...

I don't think that is too likely to happen in Idaho. Too many people with guns and everyone knows it. Shoot, there was a small-ish town that recommended every household own a firearm and be trained in its use. The most ironic thing was, that town had been founded by Quakers, the most pacifistic of all religions in the world!

I don't live in a utopia... I live in a place where people take and stand up for themselves. I live in a small town. A true small town... not one these suburban sprawls that people say is 'out in the country'. If and when the area ever starts to go downhill, we'll fix it. We have drug addicts, thieves, rowdy kids, and other criminal elements like everyone else does... but they know that if they try and come into anyone's home it will not be with impunity.

So, again... I live in the real world... and what happens in these inner city shit holes doesn't concern me.