Purpose built zombie gun (your thoughts)

zombies will never walk the earth, hungry un prepared sheep will soon though. so zombie preparedness is a good way to prep and keep it light.

what he said^^^^

I'm sure the never thought they would split the atom either. Or thought about things like AIDS.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL! Yeah SCHULTZE beat me to it. Gotta have a chainsaw bayonet on a Zombie Cannon right? Heheheh!      

True, but when you have an old Ford, over 100 gallons of gas and you live on the outskirts, you can get the hell out of dodge. Once out in the middle of nowhere, which is literally like 20 miles away

For me, a zombie isn't a person or a thing. It's a state of mind. It encompasses everything you really fear deep down......past, present, and future. Things you don't want to name individually because

Posted Images

I've got a few hundred rounds of what I feel I'd NEED, but I don't really see any reason to have a ton of ammo, it's heavy and takes up a good bit of space that could otherwise be taken up by water, filters, cigarettes, and chocolate.

Face it people, IF something truly happens, there will be a metric shit-ton of people dead, IF YOU survive you'll be able to take your pick of pretty much what's left. Now I'm not saying that you should start looting but I plan on having what I need to survive for quite a bit of time. The cigarettes and chocolate will be trade goods so that I can get what I want/need from other survivors.

There could be a flaw in your thinking here, I'm afraid. Ideally, you're right.. you won't need much ammo and that space WOULD be better spent on water and such. But the problem is, if the water supply is undrinkable - you'll end up spending that few hundred rounds to keep an 8oz glass to yourself.

Trade? Yeah, if you're lucky you'll find someone honest to trade with - that ammo is what you use to hopefully remind people to play fair.

Our society right now is incredibly affluent - we even have overweight homeless people. And yet, even with our affluence .. people kill each other for the 'right' sneakers. Shit they don't even need. A cashier gave me a $10 bill instead of a $1 once, and I returned it to her - she was astounded at my honesty! This, when most folks will make that $10 in an hour less at their jobs. Even when they don't NEED the $10 - most will be dishonest and take it; and you hope to get a fair deal when the SHTF?

In a nutshell, I don't think you're factoring in how brutal people are. If MOST people in our society kept stores of food, chocolate and smokes for trading with other people, I'd agree with you. Most people will have NOTHING but their wits, and their amorality when the SHTF. You won't be able to trade because they have nothing for you. You won't be able to reason with them - because it won't be their minds in charge, it will be their bellies.

I don't stockpile food, ammo, or anything else to be a hollywood hero type. I really don't. I stockpile to be HUMAN. Because if my options were to watch my wife and daughter starve, or kill someone that has food.. well, it ain't gonna be my wife and daughter that die that day. Might be me, but hopefully its the other guy. It sucks. I don't like it. I don't want to be that guy - But I'm realistic about the fact that damn near every single one of us ARE that guy when the chips are down. We're just all lucky enough to have plenty of chips at the moment.

It is a fact of nature that "something" will cause massive human deaths. This is because human population has been growing exponentially - and nothing in nature grows exponentially for very long without a massive catastrophe. Its true that humans have predicted the end of civilization since civilization began - but for all of our history we were tied to the earth and animals and our growth was essentially linear. Only recently have we gone through the looking glass and passed the elbow of exponential growth, and it is a totally new situation. In Roman days, it was a fantasy - a myth to think that the whole world could be consumed in fire - a power that could only be ascribed to a diety. Today any lunatic who manages to get into office could conceivably pull that off. Yesterday's magic of life and the womb that could be controlled by no one is today's solid professional career in genetic engineering. Previous generations feared the end of the world by some god or demon's hand. Today WE have that power.

If you don't understand the disconnect between the fears of the past and the realities of present - well, I'm afraid you choose just not to see it. Because it is rather obvious if you're paying attention.

Well, while I agree that these are good points, I kinda felt that most of that could go unsaid since we are talking about TEOTWAWKI here...

That's what all of the guns are for, and the few thousand rounds that I'll NEED.

Get the hell out of Dodge man, let everyone else fight it out amongst themselves, after a couple of months, when the survivors are learning how to continue in the "new world" the bartering system will begin anew.

As far as the whole water thing goes...Kinetico...

Zombie... any mindless mass of human flesh capable of movement on its own, typically driven by some base need for XXXX which it persues relentlessly unto death.

The specific Zombie that comes to mind when we have these discussions, at least comes to MY mind, as follows...

Imagine if you will, Someone ... Al Quida for example... finally getting their hands on backpack nukes... bio weapons, dirty bombs.... whatever... Dressing Hakmed the suicide bomber in a sombraro....droping him off in Mexico where he buys passage to US thru the mexican tunnel systems... pops out and hooks up with his sleeper cell buddies who drive him to the middle of the closest large town... Pheonix, Austin/Huston, San Dieago.... Hakmed pulls an AHLALALLALA and BOOM!

now... Hakmed's little bomb won't effect me a bit most likely... BUT... the million or so people who will mass exit the city.. radation poisioned, carrying god knows what virus, rotting from chem weapon dirty bomb exposure.... shuffeling away from the blast, too stupid to understand they are already dead... moveing like a sea of bodies north....to the illusion of safty and away from the blast area....

2 to 3 days of mindless travel on foot, sick, dieing, one thought in their heads.... continue moveing north... as starvation, dehydration sets in on the mob... they start to pillage homes as they pass, looking for food, medical supplies, brains.... you name it...they'll eat your dogs, slaughter your livestock in the fields, invade your home and kill you and your family over a bottle of asprin and a can of beans....

Do I believe in Zombies.... you bet your ass...

The nice thing about this type of zombie is that head shots aren't mandatory, although maybe preferable...

I absolutely buy and build my guns with the purpose of survival - zombies apocalypse scenarios specifically. That's why I chose a VEPR AK and now the Saiga 12. There's a mossberg and some glocks in the mix too. Because I am focused on weapons for specific tasks I don't care about what looks cool, is in fashion, nostalgia/history, sentimental gun-related mumbo-jumbo etc. I just need tools that are going to do their jobs perfectly. The only category I don't have covered is long range bolt action. Which is next on my list, BUT, seeing as I don't have sniper training its a moot point really. I'm not out to snipe things from a far anyways. If the baddie is that far away, I can just leave the area. If they spot me and make a bee line, Theres the VEPR for medium distance and Saiga for short.

In all cases, low weight is paramount. And the only accessory necessary is a light. No knives, pokey-muzzle attachments, or other garbage is necessary. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I think the fugly stick forends are the lightest, so thats what I'm probably going with. Add a small, bright light and thats a wrap.

I absolutely buy and build my guns with the purpose of survival - zombies apocalypse scenarios specifically. That's why I chose a VEPR AK and now the Saiga 12. There's a mossberg and some glocks in the mix too. Because I am focused on weapons for specific tasks I don't care about what looks cool, is in fashion, nostalgia/history, sentimental gun-related mumbo-jumbo etc. I just need tools that are going to do their jobs perfectly. The only category I don't have covered is long range bolt action. Which is next on my list, BUT, seeing as I don't have sniper training its a moot point really. I'm not out to snipe things from a far anyways. If the baddie is that far away, I can just leave the area. If they spot me and make a bee line, Theres the VEPR for medium distance and Saiga for short.

In all cases, low weight is paramount. And the only accessory necessary is a light. No knives, pokey-muzzle attachments, or other garbage is necessary. I haven't crunched the numbers, but I think the fugly stick forends are the lightest, so thats what I'm probably going with. Add a small, bright light and thats a wrap.

I'm about to get a Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle. Lightweight, simple, durable, and if you're a good enough shot can do the somewhat long range stuff...just something to mull about ;)

• Like 1