A good friend called me this afternoon and asked me my opinion on something. At first I said, sure, no problem, but when he started talking and the more he talked, I thought, OH SHIT, I can't answer this on the phone, so I told him to let me think about it and call him later.

I'll admit, I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, and go off half cocked at times, but with old age setting in, maybe a brain cell or two is coming back on line.

So what he told me is, He got a call this morning from the same "toy" store that we both visit, and they told him that they had recieved a package with his wifes name on it and that he needed to come pick it up. When he asked what it was, they said it was something for him, he said that he told them that they needed to call her at home and tell her to come pick it up, if it had her name on it, but that the guy told him that package had come in earlier this week and that his wife had told them to call him to come pick it up, because she was "too busy" to do it. Turns out, it was his Christmas present. She had time to place the order, she had time to do the transfer, but doesn't have time to pick it up and wrap it for him for Christmas.

It's nice to get a new "toy" for Christmas, but a week early and you have to go pick it up yourself because she's a house wife and is TOO BUSY.

What am I missing, and none of the young pricks chiming in, with your shit, just HONEST answers. YEP, I have a heart, and it's telling me something he ain't going to like hearing, IF I have the balls to tell him.

I think yall are over thinking this thing.

Without knowing "how their relationship is" it is hard to tell what might be going on.

If my OL done this I would leave work to pick up my new "toy".

I have been married 22 yrs to the same OL. Damn time flies.

Maybe Im missing something?? I dont get how this means something he aint going to like other than maybe he's got a lazy/shitty wife.

Why doesnt he ask his WIFE??? Thats the first thing I would have done and seems the most obvious thing to do.

BTW

Im 27 and dont care if you want to hear my opinion or not, I voiced it anyway!naaaa.gif

This is an honest answer though. Also I appreciate you not creating another poll, I despise them as well. wink.png

Maybe she just wasnt sure on the legal ways of buying him a "gift" (firearm) and had the shop order him something not knowing she could actually buy it and gift it to him? I dunno. Could be a lot of things. If i was him i would just go check it out. or ask her about it?......Is he afraid to just ask his wife why his favorite gun shop is asking him to come pick up something?

I dont really see the issue. Maybe she just wants him to walk in there and be all impressed in front of his gun shop buddies? Shit who knows. There is really no way he could be implicated legally if thats what you are wondering, unless he goes in there and knowingly does something illegal......im confused.

In other words for the love of God go see what his wife bought him!!!!

Edited by Chevyman097

Your friend is a jerk. She went and found a present she thinks he will like, and he is looking for ways to be offended about it. I had to read your post three times to find what his dilemma or complaint was. At first the only thing that made sense at all was that he was worried about ruining the surprise. Nope, he just thinks his time is worth infinitely more than hers and wonders if he should make a big point of telling her so.

He needs to get over himself.

• Like 2

Being a week early is no problem to me. I'm gonna agree that she probably wants him to pick it up for paperwork reasons. Maybe the GS is busy with it being close to Christmas and just wants to get it out of the shop. This situation wouldn't be a problem at all and if my wife bought me something like that, I certainly wouldn't think she was shitty!