Would you trade a S410 for a S20?

I know it's all about personal preference, but my buddy has been looking for an s410 for his wife and found a good deal on a s20 so he got it for her instead. I think he would jump on a trade.

I bought my s410 back when prices where at their peak. It was $498 out the door. I really wanted a s12 but they were going for $880!!! So I settled for a 410, but I really like it. It's light, hand, low recoil and I own a judge so I think it's cool to have a pistol and long gun in the same caliber. I thought I could just stock up on 410 ammo, but it is expensive!

I don't own any other shotguns right now and I want it for home defense and the occasional trip to the skeet range. I'm going to try my s410 at the skeet range new years eve for the first time, so how it goes may come into play.

What do you guys think?

Don't think you can get drums for the s20, but I could be wrong. Also, the s20 has the smallest following of the three shotguns Saiga offers.

Skeet with a .410 is a challenge, but I know guys that use them as practice guns to make them better because it does increase the difficulty.

All ammo is expensive these days. Consider reloading to reduce .410 ammo cost. Don't think there as many self defense loads available for the .20 as there are for the .410 and the 12.

Something else to consider. Keep the .410 and go buy the .12. Prices have come down now that the scare is over. There are also s12 shotguns available with no scope side rail now for $499. They are a non-forum vendor so I could PM you the place. (Trying not even name names let alone links to non-forum vendors)

I would keep the 410 or go for a 12 over the 20 myself.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any more Saiga 20s around but have seen a few 410s at the local shops. I would trade it for the 20 and buy another 410.

Not a bad Idea. L-R-D mentioned just buying a s12, also a good idea, but I don't really have the cash flow for that, but if I trade I can probally scrounge up 299 to get another 410 eventualy. Decisions, decisions. I've pretty much decided I don't want to give up my 410....

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll let you guys know what I decide.

All ammo is expensive these days. Consider reloading to reduce .410 ammo cost. Don't think there as many self defense loads available for the .20 as there are for the .410 and the 12.

I've thought about reloading. Like I said I have a judge too so I thought I'd just stock up on the same ammo for both and reload. But spent hulls out of my judge are expanded enough that they don't chamber in my s410. So I'd have to keep saiga reloads togeather and judge reloads togeather, or just reload for one of them.... it doesn't really seem worth the hassle or investment. I might just sell my hulls to reloaders to help reduce costs.

Give her a Saiga 12 and let her get use to shooting it.

If she doesn't like it, go back to the Saiga 410. We have received more reliability complaints out of the Saiga 20 than any other Izhmash manufactured gun that we sell.

Don't think you can get drums for the s20

I am not sure what THAT has to do with ANYTHING.... Never quite figured out WHY people GOTTA HAVE drums for the shotguns... :unsure:

I currently have 2 S20's and traded a third off a few years back for an AR15... One of the 2 I have now is still brand new in the protective wrap in the box in a closet... where its sat for the past 2 or 3 years now. My 410 is in the safe right in front, as I use it all the time for rabbit hunting. It is *THE BEST* rabbit gun I have ever used bar none! HANDS DOWN! With the PK01 slightly offset to the left, mounted to the shotgun, its DEADLY on bunnies!!!

Would I trade a 410 for a 20??? Nope... would I trade a 20 for a 410?? Nope! The first option is getting a shotgun I would RARELY use for one I use all the time... The second would trade a far more expensive gun for a cheaper one... not happening...

Just go buy what ya want... keep what ya got... makes it easy. and never any regrets!!! :up:

:smoke:

I haven't seen any more Saiga 20s around but have seen a few 410s at the local shops. I would trade it for the 20 and buy another 410.

thats exactly what i did. traded the 410 and after 8 months i missed it and bought another.