Chaos tri rail

Lucky bastards flaunting your rails! Its like dangling cake in front of a fat chick on a diet wet_eyes.gif

..I've actually done that b4. haha

By the way, would you happen to be in S. Florida? I'll be getting all of my parts in next week & have never done a conversion on my own horror.gif

Edited by King Cash

Lucky bastards flaunting your rails! Its like dangling cake in front of a fat chick on a diet wet_eyes.gif

By the way, would you happen to be in S. Florida? I'll be getting all of my parts in next week & have never done a conversion on my own horror.gif

LOL I bet they were licking their chops

Unfortunately I am not. I am up in Jax at the moment. I go back and forth from here to Orlando/Lake Mary area where my family is fairly frequently on the weekends. Where in south Florida are you?

I'm beginning to think that i have to file off the factory rear sight to install this. Before i do something stoopid, can a Chaos rail owner verify this? haha

Yes you have to remove rear sight. Mine had to be ground, filed, beat and cussed at. My buddy hit his with a punch like three times and it almost flew out. (Rotten SOB)

I did a lot of reading here, and if you don't have a roto-zip or the like, just go buy a 5 dollar hack saw and give it hell... I have the roto-zip but to be safe i used the hack saw just to get it started on a friends s-12... must easier than beating your weapon up with a hammer.

Well I was looking through my e-mail just to double check everything and I saw that I actually did recieve an e-mail from Cameron on the 14th of this month. The package is in portland right now which is usually one day shipping away, so if it ships out tomorrow it will be here tuesday.

Tomorrow is a holiday.. so it wont be shipping if its USPS.. I dont know about fedex or or UPS

Unfortunately I am not. I am up in Jax at the moment. I go back and forth from here to Orlando/Lake Mary area where my family is fairly frequently on the weekends. Where in south Florida are you?

Oh ok...I'm in Miami

Mine is sitting in a post office 25 mins away, Monday is a holiday...still I wait.

I don't understand how Monday is a holiday, it's not even a REAL holiday either. We've really got to re-evaluate our "holidays" in this country... Anyway, look at it this way, last Friday my Phoenix fore-grip from DPH was delivered. Thing is, the wife and I went to the mountains for our anniversary on Thursday so there I was, 300 miles away knowing that my fore-grip was just sitting on my front porch waiting for me to get home on Monday, oh the humanity!!!!

• Like 1

Just got my confirmation e-mail! Looks like I will have the Krebs Ghost Ring sights and my new Tri-rail on for shooting this weekend

Oh ok...I'm in Miami

Its really not hard to do the conversion. Just take your time, and expect delays. I had never worked on a gun, and had no prior machining skills but converted my gun in a day. Remember to measure twice before doing anything, make sure you have all the right parts and maybe a 6 pack afterwards to help with the headache lol

@ Socom...I'll try it if I can borrow the tools (& If I succeed, I'm getting a bottle of good scotch lol)

By the way, I put the rail on to just check its fit so dont give me the 922r speech nonono.gif haha

20120221_161352.jpg

Upcoming parts:

Tromix conversion kit (CSS)

Molot GK-01

Drum n mags

Aluminum VFG

Magpul XTM rail covers

Lee slug mold & production pot

big_smile.gif

You guys are lucky, I just ordered mine about a week ago. I wonder how long the next batch is gonna be. I can't wait to get my Titan Rail, they look awesome!!!

Yeah pretty lucky, I only had to wait 3 months.

Just got my tri-rail today, I wasnt in a big rush though, still need to paint my gun.

Edited by White Rider

@ Socom...I'll try it if I can borrow the tools (& If I succeed, I'm getting a bottle of good scotch lol)

By the way, I put the rail on to just check its fit so dont give me the 922r speech nonono.gif haha

20120221_161352.jpg

Upcoming parts:

Tromix conversion kit (CSS)

Molot GK-01

Drum n mags

Aluminum VFG

Magpul XTM rail covers

Lee slug mold & production pot

big_smile.gif

Good call on the scotch!

Haha honestly, I don't even know how many 922r parts needed or the guidelines, I just know I am compliant because every conversion part I ordered and put on this thing is American made.

*As a recommendation, I would not reuse the retaining clip (this thing http://dpharms.com/i...aining_wire.jpg) but use the retaining plate: http://www.parallaxt...ges/2359867.JPG . It makes it a million times easier and is worth the extra few bucks, plus its stronger.

Notes in for the external parts of the conversion::: just follow this link http://www.cross-con...ga_Conversion/. That converts a rifle, but its the same for the S12 just ignore the extra steps. I didn't have any problems with the external work, it all came together without a hitch. Just remember that cheap Wally world BBQ black paint will work fine for the newly exposed metal areas, at least until you paint it with better stuff.

Notes in the internals of the conversion::: This is where I had some problems. I used a Tromix FCG. It is just a Tapco G2 with some places ground down to fit in the Saiga, but its easier to just buy it from Tromix if you don't have an angle grinder. I have a JTE mainspring; I figured what the hell, I am already in there, might as well replace the spring. I have the retaining plate instead of the clip for said reasons, and also got rid of the BHO. I just used the Krebs upgraded AK safety lever that has the notch in it to hold the bolt back. I used a grinding disk on my dremel on the safety; its not an exact fit because it was for an AK. If you dish out the extra money for the Tromix FCG, and retaining plate, those are just drop it. The BHO is annoying to put back in because of the little spring on it, that's why I got the Krebs AK safety and just ground it down (plus it looks cooler and I like how it has extra material so I can engage or disengage the safety with my trigger finger).

You guys are lucky, I just ordered mine about a week ago. I wonder how long the next batch is gonna be. I can't wait to get my Titan Rail, they look awesome!!!

Yeah pretty lucky, I only had to wait 3 months.

Just got my tri-rail today, I wasnt in a big rush though, still need to paint it.

I guess I am really lucky then. I only had to wait a week. It seems Cameron makes a batch every quarter, and if you order at the beginning or the end of the quarter you still have to wait until the end to get the goodsnothing.gif

Edited by socom688

@ King Cash...

I have 10 rounders but i cannot load them when full with 10 rounds on a closed bolt for $#!+.

IMO maybe a 12 rounder loaded with 10 is the best bet, instead of 8 or 9 in a 10 rounder, although ive never tried a 12 rounder.

But i buy agp mags and i dont think they sell 12 rounders, so 10 rounders it will be for me until i decide to switch brands.

I did have to file a bit off of the mags before i got them to fit, perhaps filing a little more off will work, but i doubt it.

the angle is just too awkward with full shells.

On another note, when you guys get your rails on, can you let me know how they fit,

mine seems to be little off when looking down the muzzle end, a little crooked maybe from the screw holes not matching?.

or is this typical?

i have posted another topic in the chaos section on it with pics.

just wondering if this is a common thing..

thanks.

I also ordered one from CSS and it should be at home when I get there tonight.

I also have a Titan ordered and paid for from Chaos as well (ordered in Mid Jan.)

I'll probably offer this up to someone here so they won't have to wait.

when the time comes I'll see if Cameron can change the shipping, I don't want to make anything on it, someone can just pay me instead of Chaos and save the wait...

that is unless I dedice to just keep it for another build :)