Nascar... the most boring form of motorsport known to mankind. Even mud bogging and tractor pulls offer more excitement.

BTW... the only people who don't like ice hockey are the girlie little bitches who can't skate....

• Like 2

I admit to being a touch out of the loop on most things (hence; "Odd Man Out) but I have never gotten into any sports at all in my life. When I was young I read about the Roman empire and how the rulers would divert the populations attentions from what was important in the Empire by providing "Bread and Circus' ". I see all sports as only diverting -- I could never understand why so many got so interested in people chasing, hitting, throwing balls around or watching things go round and round in circles. There is sooo much wrong happening in our country today that I feel it is an abdication of responsibility to sit on one's derriere and zone on such trivial things.

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 1

Have to admit i am a nascar fan but it's tough to sit down and watch a race espically when it starts to get warmer and there are more things I can be doing the sitting in front of a TV. It doesn't help that the driver I follow has not been doing too hot the last couple of years.

I admit to being a touch out of the loop on most things (hence; "Odd Man Out) but I have never gotten into any sports at all in my life. When I was young I read about the Roman empire and how the rulers would divert the populations attentions from what was important in the Empire by providing "Bread and Circus' ". I see all sports as only diverting -- I could never understand why so many got so interested in people chasing, hitting, throwing balls around or watching things go round and round in circles. There is sooo much wrong happening in our country today that I feel it is an abdication of responsibility to sit on one's derriere and zone on such trivial things.

Most people who follow sports played them. Might be why you don't follow them. Unless your in a position of extreme wealth and power you ain't helping anyone. Plus none of what we do will amount to shit. Once your gone people forget about you. Our life's work won't pint to a hill of beans.

I don't know man.....NASCAR is pretty boring. I've even been to a live race (2010), up in a big ass tower condo right on the track.....and even then, it was like watching grass grow indoors.

But if there's a party going on with some decent looking pussy to chat up....well.........then I'm all in.

• Like 4

I don't know man.....NASCAR is pretty boring. I've even been to a live race (2010), up in a big ass tower condo right on the track.....and even then, it was like watching grass grow indoors.

But if there's a party going on with some decent looking pussy to chat up....well....I'm all in.

ill second that tony.

but claiming that it is better than ice hockey is a joke at best. driving in a circle 500 times puts me to sleep. the most boring shit ever. id rather watch murder she wrote. and that show sucks ass.

i think southpark had it right when they made fun of it with cartman dipping vagisil.

Edited by Captain Hero
  • Like 1

I stopped watching years ago. They honestly just became too boring to stand. If you even remotely enjoy driving, you get bored just turning left in a big giant pack of cars. I can just look around me during rush-hour if I need to see that.

After Alan Kulwicki won the championship, well, that was the last year it was worth a shit. Now it is just corporate $$ backing 43 cars, of which you see one of MAYBE 10 guys win every race.

At least F1 has really talented drivers who know how to actually DRIVE a car...but still too much corporate $$ and decisions like a winning driver Laying-back, to let a teamate win.

Plus, I can't sit there for 3 hours while my guns are screaming to be shot.

edit: Being in Montana, I can't even imagine where the "Better than Hockey" thing came from...probably too many Coors Lights!!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 1

Most people who follow sports played them. Might be why you don't follow them. Unless your in a position of extreme wealth and power you ain't helping anyone. Plus none of what we do will amount to shit. Once your gone people forget about you. Our life's work won't pint to a hill of beans.

Chrissy, you are really pressing my buttons baby. Yeah I played but never bought in. Always seemed to be a prop for an ego that needs one...or a filler for a mind that can't handle anything too difficult so fills itself with the awesome complexity and wonder of sports -- what a waste of time...

Now, turning from the immature mental sparring to truth:

Who cares if you or I are remembered --

Even the poorest of persons can help one another

and if you do, your life has indeed "amounted"

your outlook seems nihilistic indeed -- you must be fairly young.

Okay, you can play the game (I know I enjoy it) -- your turn.

• Like 1

Hmm ... lemmesee.

The last time I attended a roundy-round race was the Darlington 500 in 1958. Ol' Fireball Roberts won that race. He was probably the first roundy-round racing superstar. It was hot as hell in the open grandstands and I drank too much beer. After the race I passed out back at the motel. When I woke up, my buddy who drove down with us was fuckin' my girlfriend. Never went back to another race after that.

• Like 1

Hmm ... lemmesee.

The last time I attended a roundy-round race was the Darlington 500 in 1958. Ol' Fireball Roberts won that race. He was probably the first roundy-round racing superstar. It was hot as hell in the open grandstands and I drank too much beer. After the race I passed out back at the motel. When I woke up, my buddy who drove down with us was fuckin' my girlfriend. Never went back to another race after that.

Thats a bad day, or a good one depending on hindsight! Hopefully you took up drag racing, its better then roundy round, any day!