Hot News!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Gents

You requested function pictures....well here you are.

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/function0.gif

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/function1.gif

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/function2.gif

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/function3.gif

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/function4.gif

enjoy :smoke:

Opps sorry 0 and 1 are out of order. Ok im off to the beer store.

Ian

Edited by badz2801

Oh F'ing great......now I have to be tied to the pc for god knows how long waiting for the release so I don't get beat out by the rest of you gready bastards. Just like camping out for concert tickets in the 70's, or are we going to go by lottery number :lolol: Hey,If it gets me a nice meaty mag sooner, I'm a high end Auto Tech with lots of technical ability and knowlege and am far less likely to screw up one of your first production runs than some of these no thumbs creatures. Just food for thought when it's time to start mailing. :lolol::angel::lolol:

Oh, yeah.......BEER

Edited by 6500rpm

Everyone will get one who wants one. I am producing them now and adding the finishing touches. It will probably be 2-3 weeks out before I start selling. So you don't have to sit here glued. I will setup a mailing list on my website, it will announce when they go on sale so everyone will be informed. All you have to do is enter your e-mail address. You wont get spam and I won't sell your address like Forbes does.

P.S. - Dont buy that magazine (Forbes), its a bunch of bloated B.S.

Ian

Edited by badz2801

I am going to be offering everything except springs up front. Springs will be along soon after. You can also get one from ZL100, he said he would have chrome springs in a few weeks. I have made several springs but I am working on a production setup to make them before I sell them. People who purchase the bodies, followers, floor plate and spring follower (one whole package) will be given a discount. They will be recorded via serial per sale. You can use the 5 round springs in my magazines, they will work for as long as it takes me to get spring production up and going.

Ian

http://www.saigasolutions.com/saiga/

that will allow you to view the pics. I am working on the site as we speak.

Computer Science Major comes in handy.

:smoke:

Ah crap...well look in the above posts for the urls to the pics. It wont allow you to view the directory listing. I will fix that in the morning.

Ian

Edited by badz2801

Ian,

I was trying to look at your site & this is what comes up. Not having any computer science(or brains) stinks! Is it my computer & server stuff that is messing up or what? Thanks, MLM59.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /saiga/ on this server.

You may need to create an index.html page or enable the directory browsing by creating an .htaccess file containing "Options +Indexes".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.saigasolutions.com Port 80

Im gonna guess that these are casted from a two part resin. Im affraid if this is the case your gonna run into a variety of problems. The biggest ones are gonna be the strength of the material and the actuall production. From past experience I have found that the actuall molds wear out very fast which leads to a huge increase in flashing and then to the actuall mold coming apart. I would start small at a couple dozen or untill the mold wears out then make another mold and start again. If it seems like something that can be managed with consistant quality then the next step would be to test them out. Only after that would I stock up on supplies and commit to production. If you can get it all to work you will have a gold mine.

Im gonna guess that these are casted from a two part resin. Im affraid if this is the case your gonna run into a variety of problems. The biggest ones are gonna be the strength of the material and the actuall production. From past experience I have found that the actuall molds wear out very fast which leads to a huge increase in flashing and then to the actuall mold coming apart. I would start small at a couple dozen or untill the mold wears out then make another mold and start again. If it seems like something that can be managed with consistant quality then the next step would be to test them out. Only after that would I stock up on supplies and commit to production. If you can get it all to work you will have a gold mine.

These arn't cast (not in the traditional sense, then again injection molding is a high pressure, high temp casting process), its a new process...ie patent pending. To date I have 341 magazines in house, the metal components are being finished as we speak. The magazines are strong, but are not super strong. They cant take anything beyond what a traditional magazine is exposed to.

Ian

Edited by badz2801

These arn't cast (not in the traditional sense, then again injection molding is a high pressure, high temp casting process), its a new process...ie patent pending. To date I have 341 magazines in house, the metal components are being finished as we speak. The magazines are strong, but are not super strong. They can take anything beyond what a traditional magazine is exposed to.

Ian

badz sorry for coming to conclusions. It sounds like you are really onto something. I cant wait for these to hit the market. :-)

Edited to remove it from badz quote.

Edited by midwestarmory.com

These arn't cast (not in the traditional sense, then again injection molding is a high pressure, high temp casting process), its a new process...ie patent pending. To date I have 341 magazines in house, the metal components are being finished as we speak. The magazines are strong, but are not super strong. They can take anything beyond what a traditional magazine is exposed to.

badz sorry for coming to conclusions. It sounds like you are really onto something. I cant wait for these to hit the market. :-)

Ian

Hey np man....im all about questions or comments.

Please check above I have a major mistake can = cant now. So basically they are the same as a traditional magazine. Sorry, I didn't catch that last night when I wrote it.

Ian