Will NEVER ship with USPS again.

Paid over $100 to have my delivery (Priority that I thought was a guaranteed 2 day delivery) on a VERY important long gun package.

Shipped out on Feb 28th. It is now March 3rd and package is still not delivered. AND the USPS websites last update was Feb 29th.

So not only did my package not arrive yet, I have no idea where it is.

Called customer service and was told that USPS Priority 2 day mail is not gauranteed and it could take up to 5 days (but they dont tell you this at the time of payment).....and oh by the way, if it takes longer than 5 days.......oh well still no refunds

UPS or Fed ex will be the ONLY way I ship long guns in the future.

This is the first case I've ever heard of a government agency having less than exemplary service. Surely it's a once in a lifetime fluke occurrence.

Good luck on at least an untimely delivery.

• Like 2

They're no better, IMO. Sometimes, shit happens, but it also happens to UPS and FedEx..........and in my personal experience, it happens more with UPS and FedEx. YMMV

Everytime I've shipped something USPS, and I do it Priority, they've never said "2 day guaranteed". It's always "It should be there in 2 days". If you want 2 day guaranteed, then I'd opt for 2 Day Air or whatever it's called. That being said, if it doesn't end up at it's destination today, then it's really pushing the meaning of "Priority" mail, since you shipped it on the 28th. I can see why you'd be upset.

I hope everything works out.

• Like 1

Will NEVER ship with USPS again.

Paid over $100 to have my delivery (Priority that I thought was a guaranteed 2 day delivery) on a VERY important long gun package.

Shipped out on Feb 28th. It is now March 3rd and package is still not delivered. AND the USPS websites last update was Feb 29th.

So not only did my package not arrive yet, I have no idea where it is.

Called customer service and was told that USPS Priority 2 day mail is not gauranteed and it could take up to 5 days (but they dont tell you this at the time of payment).....and oh by the way, if it takes longer than 5 days.......oh well still no refunds

Same thing just happened to me,

it does happen though. just sucks when you want it to get there on a certain day and it doesnt. mailed mine on the 28th priority and was told it "will" forsure by the postal employee that it will be there as I opted to pay for faster shipping and she said dont bother as it will be there in 2-3 days. Its now scheduled for delivery today. Fortunately I think ill still make the dead line......hopefully.

Guess part of the problem was my assumption of what 2 day priorty meant. Guess I'm used to UPS 2day meaning 2 day guaranteed.......

I was also told by customer service that the only guarantee is overnight (well the only one you can get a refund for anyway)

I sold an item to a member here and he sent payment via priority mail and it took 2 weeks! The post office really sucks. Another time something was mailed to my FFL from CSS. In that small town all the downtown businesses have PO boxes, those dumb lazy union shitheads sent the package back, they knew damn well where it needed to go! The service sucks, I wonder why they lose billions every year? The only good thing about the post office is it gave us the expression, "going postal".

it does happen though. just sucks when you want it to get there on a certain day and it doesnt. mailed mine on the 28th priority and was told it "will" forsure by the postal employee that it will be there as I opted to pay for faster shipping and she said dont bother as it will be there in 2-3 days. Its now scheduled for delivery today. Fortunately I think ill still make the dead line......hopefully.

I just sent out payment today, it gets there Monday, not sure if I will make it or not.

Alot will show local, then sort, then dissappear till they get to the other end (or delivered even).

I ship all our AR uppers insured now.. well worth the $7/per upper that the customer pays usually 2/3rds of.. (I have it as MANDATORY (marked) on each AR upper we sell)..

I insured my package for $4000.....guess that is the only good thing....

If a service isnt guaranteed then they shouldnt mention a number in the service....Call it Priority mail, not Priority 2 day

I've ran into this with all the services. I use USPS priority a LOT for my sales if they're of multiple tools, no problems and been shipping with them for years. On the other hand, I refuse to use Fedex. In a lot of cases, it seems that all they are doing is taking my package to the seller's local USPS hub and then MAILING it to them, the Postal Carrier then delivers it, so why bother using Fedex, plus the last two machinery deliveries I've gotten through them, both were heavily damaged to the point where I had to contact the sellers and have replacement parts shipped to me, a generator had the fuel tank smashed in, and the horizontal band saw had been dropped on BOTH ends, the motor plate was bent, one cooling fin broken off the motor, and the blade tension adjusting handle on the other end shattered. I guess it just depends on which inept employee happens to get their hands on your shipment while in transit.

I ordered a Russian mail order bride from FedEx a few years back. She was missing one leg, both eyeballs were gouged out, her back was broken in three different places, and her front teeth were all chipped. I spoke with the general manager at a FedEx hub here about how she arrived, and he apoligized for the freight box that apparently was dropped off of the cargo ramp at 200' after takeoff. They offered 30% off on my next bridal order if this one gets too bitchy and we end up in seperation.

• Like 5

Anything worth sending gets a "green tag" delivery confirmation.

My father in law and three other people I know work for the PO......

If you DON't want it lost get the green tag.

If you want it replaced get insurance. The PO WILL DO EVERYTHING not to PAY.

or if there is no tracking throw it in the dumpster to save cost on delivery.

Once you place it in their hands with NO type of insurance or Del. Conf. they are NOT resposible......

I've heard this 1st hand from above employees

You should have seen the goat rope UPS put me in last month. The package came to my town twice but left for random towns. Two weeks to get my stuff in what should have been a four day delivery..

As was stated, they can all have their moments.

dude, it takes time for the SS to install an rfid chip into that weapon.

seriously, ups is a lot better with tracking but you cant beat the price of cusps.

both have occasional mishaps. were there any disasters, holidays, non business days that made it longer?

USPS ... freaking auto correct.

I ordered a Russian mail order bride from FedEx a few years back. She was missing one leg, both eyeballs were gouged out, her back was broken in three different places, and her front teeth were all chipped. I spoke with the general manager at a FedEx hub here about how she arrived, and he apoligized for the freight box that apparently was dropped off of the cargo ramp at 200' after takeoff. They offered 30% off on my next bridal order if this one gets too bitchy and we end up in seperation.

hey asshole what do you mean "she". the guy at fedex broke my fucking peg leg and stabbed me in the eye with it, i at least expected a drink when i got there, but no, you just bitch the whole time

If a service isnt guaranteed then they shouldnt mention a number in the service....Call it Priority mail, not Priority 2 day

Just realize you still have to prove the contents were worth $4000 to get $4000.

Next when you're shipping by USPS, you have to be sure about the policy of the sending and recieving Post Office's firearms policy which are not universal and left partially to the discretion of the Postmaster of the branch. Bueracratically this to allow them to conform to local laws and ordinances. I've found some post offices are stricter about the sending and recieving. How you addressed it, how you marked it, how you shipped it can cause it to be held up. Like if its going out of state, it has to be addressed to yourself... you can have it C/O-ed to someone else but you have to be the primary recipient. If they Postoffice knows its a firearm, which they should, they aren't allowed to leave it with out it being delivered to an individual, but many postoffices have policies against keeping firearms in "holding" which can cause it to be held up as they bounce between their processing center and the delivery truck.

Just realize you still have to prove the contents were worth $4000 to get $4000.

Next when you're shipping by USPS, you have to be sure about the policy of the sending and recieving Post Office's firearms policy which are not universal and left partially to the discretion of the Postmaster of the branch. Bueracratically this to allow them to conform to local laws and ordinances. I've found some post offices are stricter about the sending and recieving. How you addressed it, how you marked it, how you shipped it can cause it to be held up. Like if its going out of state, it has to be addressed to yourself... you can have it C/O-ed to someone else but you have to be the primary recipient. If they Postoffice knows its a firearm, which they should, they aren't allowed to leave it with out it being delivered to an individual, but many postoffices have policies against keeping firearms in "holding" which can cause it to be held up as they bounce between their processing center and the delivery truck.

Just arrived today....finally

Worth the $4000....Custom Saiga 7.62x39, a converted Saiga .410, and a customized PSL (plus the hard cases)