left side charging handle new product

I would like it better if it did not fold.

agreed. seems like an interesting idea though.

If you go to the guy's website (which I cannot post the weblink here, due to him not being a business member), it appears that he has as a purchase option a non-folding charging handle version. Just FYI.

Personally, after reviewing the youtube videos and perusing his website, this design to me seems like the cat's pajamas; it's friggen awesome. Oh, and I for one like the folding charging handle.

.post-4853-0-73296500-1334680969_thumb.jpg

post-4853-0-38748000-1334681021_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

Man, am I glad I opened this thread!! I should visit the 7.62 section more often! What a great idea, I love it.

I still don't see where the $60 MSRP is coming from though...

Edited by Pyzik

#1 for the videos, didnt open the youtube direct link so maybe its in the description, he should ID the backdrop for his "range..." Sure looks like it's just trees...

#2 I thumbs up anyone who takes a new idea and actually manufactures it. The biggest "nice" moment for this was that it's just the top cover. Win there.

#3 It's a solution looking for a problem and that solution can cause more problems... The time he took to get a hold of the lever it's faster to tilt the rifle and use the stock right side lever. Let alone go under. And yes you should train both.

An AK is already a thick rifle. If you add more bulk you better give me a hell of a lot of improvements with 0 negatives.

I've never seen any left handed charging handle AK video where the user ran the AK in an as efficient fashion I've seen in person by seasoned folks(as in people who have shot other people) running a stock AK.

Forget this crap. Train more.

That comes with the utmost respect for anyone who manufactures an idea mind you :)

I don't like the folding version because it requires finer motor skills, potentially while shaking with adreneline.

The non-folding models are interesting, but I still prefer this concept:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPlU9JNFedw&feature=player_embedded

It was at this year's SHOT Show, by Parabellum Armament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klgZayB5Upk

I prefer this system because of its forward positioning, which also allows the use of side-mounted optics, (a big advantage imo).

Of course, one should learn to quickly and effectively run the rifle as-designed, and only then consider playing with (as yet) unproven mod kits like these. wink.png

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 3 months later...

I never had any problem with the AK variants. I shoot right-handed. Run out of bullets, lay rifle to the left along my left arm. Use right hand to drop mag and insert new one. Pull charging handle and grab pistol grip. Continue firing...it's called "coordination" and "motor skill training".