Tac-47 Auto-Plug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost drowned in my coffe, lol.   Thgis gives me an idea....   Someone should build a quad quad rail, quad folding stock (up down and all around!), quad bipod, quad in-line brake, quad charging

Well, yes, if the gun is properly gassed for the ammo you're using.   Two other things: the recoil pulse is also the same no matter what you are shooting at the time and it also blows crud and foul

I run four of them and couldn't be happier.

Posted Images

If I have to adjust the auto plug all the way in to fire bulk walmart ammo will that cause a problem with high brass stuff? My concern is that the plug will be so tight that it will create an over gassed situation since the spring is compacted too much.

Or should I just run everything high and low on that setting and it will still regulate properly?

Also, I have been doing a lot of work on my gun and suspect that it needs more gas so I am aware of this and am working that out.

The point of the autoplug is that once you dial it in, it can automatically adjust from weak low brass to 2 3/4" High Brass. The manufacturer says not to use it with 3".

Some of us do anyway though. Turning the autoplug upside down is about the same as the weakest (off ) setting on a Gunfixxer's style adjustable plug (i.e. MD, Tac 47, DPH) In my case, that will just cycle 3" with minimal ejection force.

I find that it also works using the autoplug normally with 3" and have a blackjack buffer in there as insurance. This also seems to be fine, although I am sure someone will chime in to tell you that my gun will explode and give me cancer for doing so.

I had to adjust my autoplug almost all the way in to achieve proper function and I still didn't get any function from the hip. That was when I added the fourth port. Now the autoplug is adjusted close to factory setting and I'll be damned if the damn thing just keeps surprising me, easily one of the best parts available for Saiga-12s!

Oh and if you have a blackjack buffer, you will drown in puppy blood!!! :D

Thanks, guys. Still have a lot of work to do with the gas system so hopefully I can get everything working properly and I can use the Auto Plug the way that it was meant to be used.

Don't think that I'll be needing a buffer since my gun has no stock, I think that is one of the problems that I have to overcome. The bolt carrier has a harder time coming all the way back as it is:)

Edited by romad7

The point of the autoplug is that once you dial it in, it can automatically adjust from weak low brass to 2 3/4" High Brass. The manufacturer says not to use it with 3".

Some of us do anyway though. Turning the autoplug upside down is about the same as the weakest (off ) setting on a Gunfixxer's style adjustable plug (i.e. MD, Tac 47, DPH) In my case, that will just cycle 3" with minimal ejection force.

I find that it also works using the autoplug normally with 3" and have a blackjack buffer in there as insurance. This also seems to be fine, although I am sure someone will chime in to tell you that my gun will explode and give me cancer for doing so.

According to the State of California, using a Blackjack Buffer and 3" shells has been known to cause cancer and reproductive harm in labratory animals.

• Like 2

I've had one about a year now. Roughly at 2,000 rounds so far, without an issue. Granted, at least half of those were the cheap bulk Federal stuff, with the other half being a mix of 00 buck and 1 oz slugs. Haven't tried 3" with it, nor do I plan to.

This is the only current pic I have of it in my Saiga:

guitarcase.jpg

• Like 1

I've had one about a year now. Roughly at 2,000 rounds so far, without an issue. Granted, at least half of those were the cheap bulk Federal stuff, with the other half being a mix of 00 buck and 1 oz slugs. Haven't tried 3" with it, nor do I plan to.

This is the only current pic I have of it in my Saiga:

guitarcase.jpg

I'm digging the OD on that thing.

• Like 1

According to the State of California, using a Blackjack Buffer and 3" shells has been known to cause cancer and reproductive harm in labratory animals.

I hope that someday I am as wise as the omniscient state of California.

I am fresh out of lab animals though, so I think I will be fine.

where did ya order your auto plug from? I went to tac-47's store in houston but they were sold out so i ordered it and 2 magazines. I live like a hour away so i told them to ship it to me. I was told it will be in stock in a couple of days and shipped to me. Its been way over 3 months now and i still havnt received my order. Ive called them over and over again and they keep telling me the same thing, that they're going to have it shipped out to me right away. I still havnt received anything. Worse experience ever!

Keep me posted on the availability/shipping time on the auto plugs. Ide like to tinkee with one, but, being that css no longer carrys them, the only place i saw them in stock was their website, and if its really take you 3months to receive it I'm not so sure i want to hop on that train..

IN STOCK HERE AND DIRECTLY SUPPORTS THE FORUM

http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Auto-Plug

oh, and Makc sells magazines, sites and buffers too.

When I ordered from him, the shipping was prompt. His prices seem to be about the going rate, so it surprises me that people don't plug him more.

• Like 1

where did ya order your auto plug from? I went to tac-47's store in houston but they were sold out so i ordered it and 2 magazines. I live like a hour away so i told them to ship it to me. I was told it will be in stock in a couple of days and shipped to me. Its been way over 3 months now and i still havnt received my order. Ive called them over and over again and they keep telling me the same thing, that they're going to have it shipped out to me right away. I still havnt received anything. Worse experience ever!

Devon,

im not sure who you keep talking to, however I think if i remember it was a add on onto a build that you picked up, they were out of stock. It was not an order that you made, more something that we worked out, was it magazines that you needed modified? if so Its in stock now and will go out for you tomorrow. I will look into your Job card. If you dont place an order conventionally sometime this will happen. Its not that we dont want to send you your product and if we let you place the order in the store, its our responsibly to get it out to your when its in stock. However that is out side of normal business practices. If you dont order online normally we dont ship it or have an efficient way to track if it has been shipped especially if we have to wait for it to be in stock for a period of time. IE a invoice floating around with a sticky note. At any time Tac 47 would have refunded you, or you could have stopped by the store and picked up what we have owed you. I dont appreciate the review but your entitled to your opinion and experience. Next time do us a favor shop else where. its not fair to compare a one off Deal of something you needed modified to something like you just ordered it off the sight. We tried to do you a favor in shipping something for you, not charging you for shipping and modification to it for free.

where did ya order your auto plug from? I went to tac-47's

Damn glad that I didnt help you with your conversion. But then again.......I told you to test fire it before we worked on it.

Glad that you didnt have time to take it to the range.

Edited by Jetmech

Devon,

im not sure who you keep talking to, however I think if i remember it was a add on onto a build that you picked up, they were out of stock. It was not an order that you made, more something that we worked out, was it magazines that you needed modified? if so Its in stock now and will go out for you tomorrow. I will look into your Job card. If you dont place an order conventionally sometime this will happen. Its not that we dont want to send you your product and if we let you place the order in the store, its our responsibly to get it out to your when its in stock. However that is out side of normal business practices. If you dont order online normally we dont ship it or have an efficient way to track if it has been shipped especially if we have to wait for it to be in stock for a period of time. IE a invoice floating around with a sticky note. At any time Tac 47 would have refunded you, or you could have stopped by the store and picked up what we have owed you. I dont appreciate the review but your entitled to your opinion and experience. Next time do us a favor shop else where. its not fair to compare a one off Deal of something you needed modified to something like you just ordered it off the sight. We tried to do you a favor in shipping something for you, not charging you for shipping and modification to it for free.

I never said i ordered it off the site. You're right, It was a add on to my build that you didn't have for me when i picked it up. I didn't bring in the mags and tell you to modify them though. I put in a order at the shop for 2 new modified mags and i told you to just throw the auto plug in with the order when its in stock. I did call 2 weeks ago and talked to you and you said you would have it shipped out right away but i still havnt got it and i think if i didn't write that review you wouldn't have shipped it out anytime soon. Im sorry if you didn't like my review but I've just been frustrated with the wait. Not with just the mags but the conversion too. You told me my conversion would be done in 8-10 weeks. I ended up not getting it back for 16+ weeks but i didn't complain because i know you're really busy. I think after waiting 16+ weeks for my conversion you would at least have saved a auto plug for me. I still didn't mind not having the auto plug though when i picked it up and was really happy with the work you did on the gun. But waiting another 3+ months for just a auto plug and mags has been really frustrating. I still havnt had the chance to take the gun out to the range because i don't have the mags. If i knew it would have taken this long i would have never paid you for the mags and just ordered it from someone else. I wanted to give you my business though and buy everything from you. I spent over $1100 on conversion/parts for 1 gun and never asked you for a discount and agreed to every price you threw at me. I also recommended a lot of my friends to your shop after i got my gun back. The free shipping and modifying my mags was nice but saying your doing me a favor, I'm not sure about that. I did spend a lot money with you, been really patient and waited a long time for my gun and parts. If you don't want my business though then thats fine.

Edited by D281

We have one of the best conversion times for one of the best conversions nation wide. The 8 to 10 weeks time frame was merely an an estimate. There are customers that are before you, and when their jobs are completed we are on to the next batch. We are at approximately 12 weeks now, however it is not a guarantee it is just a basic time frame for your convenience. A call, a PM, an email or stopping by the store would all do the same as your review. You say you have called and that I have talked with you once, but I am human and I did loose track. We do not normally ship locally and it is out side of our business practice to do so. However, we want to provide good customer service and get your product to you. Sometimes when you try to do favors it back fires. If i had told you "No, you have to pick up your products at the store like everyone else", we would not be in this conversation. Lesson learned. We are also not a small time operation which means that we do not simply build one firearm at a time or all at once. We build multiple guns together and in stages: Strip, cut, weld, test, finish and finally assembly. That being said, there is no way to know what parts the shotgun needs until we are at final stage. When your build time came to completion we were out of autoplugs. Not that it was not saved for you, its the same for everyone. Your products will ship today.

• Aside from hijacking the thread...

• Tac-47 how about you chime in on the Auto-Plug and make me feel warm n' fuzzy on the inside until it arrives, which should be any day now. Secondly, I was a little put-off at how easily you dispatched the future business of D281. I DO come from a small mom & pop business and we would NEVER tell someone to go elsewhere, that Sir is how you go hungry.

• D281 I hope you don't plan to get an NFA tax-stamp, the only feedback you'll get from those guys is "pending" and that goes on for 6 months!!!

Just got my Autoplugs for the S-12 and S-20... Hope to try them out this weekend!

post-2898-0-18168100-1336653932_thumb.jpg

Thanks to the people at TAC 47 for a nice solid product and speedy delivery.

nyclu3

Edited by nyclu3

• Tac-47 how about you chime in on the Auto-Plug and make me feel warm n' fuzzy on the inside until it arrives, which should be any day now. Secondly, I was a little put-off at how easily you dispatched the future business of D281. I DO come from a small mom & pop business and we would NEVER tell someone to go elsewhere, that Sir is how you go hungry.

• D281 I hope you don't plan to get an NFA tax-stamp, the only feedback you'll get from those guys is "pending" and that goes on for 6 months!!!

You should probably read the last page again but this time you should pay attention...

Fact is, if you need someone to give you a warm and fuzzy then you've already failed.

Allow me to make a couple of predictions, you'll buy the autoplug because it's quite simply the best plug on the market, second, you'll become unhappy with the autoplug because your gun is undergassed. Lastly, you'll probably end up selling the weapon because "it sucks"

After that, someone like myself will buy it and enlarge the ports and be happy with it forever...

Im not going to go hungry, I dont want business that feels disenfranchised. I provide a custom service on a level that is very hard to achieve. When I have to type and explain, im not building guns, im not shipping parts. I type slow. Bottom line if you purchase a part via online you will get it I bet my bottom dollar and usually shipped same day/next day if its in stock. If you have a problem get a hold of me, I will take care of it. But if you post " the worst experience ever" Makes me wish you went somewhere else so you could have an Experience you could really post about. The Guns Fit Finish and Function is Flawless and in about 1/3 to 1/2 the time of many other pro builders. I have not seen any firearms on the market besides Tonys that even come close to our products. If we have a mistake with what was due to the customer at any time I would have taken care of it.

• Like 2

Caged... I suppose you've never heard of sarcasm, kinda tough to get from a post.

TAC-47... I spoke to you yesterday on the phone, regarding the Auto-Plug. Thank you for answering my question in a very professional and direct manner (Caged-that was sincerity). I was only stating that regardless of how you'd prefer to not do business with someone it shouldn't be publicized. Its just bad business to air "dirty laundry" (Caged-that is sarcasm). Your business will stand or fall on its own merit not due to the issues with one customer, I'm aware of that. However, perception is reality. If you are perceived to be a certain way then that is what people will think of you. I bought your Auto-Plug because I've read it is the BEST in the industry. I am anxious to shoot it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

• Like 1