Tac-47 Auto-Plug

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I almost drowned in my coffe, lol.   Thgis gives me an idea....   Someone should build a quad quad rail, quad folding stock (up down and all around!), quad bipod, quad in-line brake, quad charging

Well, yes, if the gun is properly gassed for the ammo you're using.   Two other things: the recoil pulse is also the same no matter what you are shooting at the time and it also blows crud and foul

I run four of them and couldn't be happier.

Posted Images

I like to clean out the gas block after everytime I get done shooting. As long as I don't turn the auto plug adjustment screw. It should be alright to take the plug off to clean the gas block. The auto plug settings should never change when I install it back on the block without turning the adjustment screw? Is this right? I just received my autoplug and have not installed it on the gun yet.

I also just received my autoplug and installed it a few minutes ago. I haven't had a chance to tune it at the range yet, but I noticed that as I screwed it in, it presses in the detent...the plug still locks with the vents at 10 and 2, but I wasn't sure it was meant to push in the detent.

Is this normal?

I have one on my 19" 3 port opened to 3/32". Works perfectly. Used a little locktite to keep the set screw from backing out. Like others, wish I had opened up a fourth port while I had it apart! I just ordered a second for my other S12 from the forum site.

RANGE REPORT...

I took it to a local range and figured I'd attempt to shoot low-brass-bulk from Wally World. I wouldn't cycle for several mags with me changing adjusting the screw inward after each 2-3 shots. EVENTUALLY I got it to cycle. However, the adjustment screw is screwed in almost 1/4"! Is that normal? I have a 3-hole gun. Should I add a fourth or just enlarge my existing three? Thanks again.

Sellier & Belliot 00 Buck worked very good. The recoil sure ain't what I've seen online... Any suggestions on that too?

The recoil should be more consistent with different rounds with the Autoplug since it vents excess gas more evenly.

My opinion is that if it works then you are good to go, you could drill a 4th hole and see if that changes anything. Can't hurt since the Autoplug will vent any excess gas.

RANGE REPORT...

I took it to a local range and figured I'd attempt to shoot low-brass-bulk from Wally World. I wouldn't cycle for several mags with me changing adjusting the screw inward after each 2-3 shots. EVENTUALLY I got it to cycle. However, the adjustment screw is screwed in almost 1/4"! Is that normal? I have a 3-hole gun. Should I add a fourth or just enlarge my existing three? Thanks again.

Sellier & Belliot 00 Buck worked very good. The recoil sure ain't what I've seen online... Any suggestions on that too?

Have you made any attempt to enlarging your three ports yet or are they still the stock size from the factory? I'm still on my stock three ports and did not know the inside screw could go in that much (my last attempted tune was a month ago)! Would you mind posting a close-up pic?

When the screw is in that far, the spring is almost compressed to the point of coil bind. In my opinion, the plug simply cannot function correctly in this state, I would add more gas. That's my thoughts on the subject. You may choose whatever course of action that you wish.

I also found that with the autoplug adjusted that far, my weapon would cycle everything but would only cycle from the hip with high brass...

I did the ladder step adjustment thing at first too but even when I thought I had it set it would still fail to cycle occaisionally. I just locktited my adjustment screw and turned it wide open for ultimate reliability. It's just going to bleed off excess gasses anyway and I didn't feel any recoil dif even w/ Sluggers. Loctite is important, it will unscrew under recoil!

I haven't opened the ports any. I'm not quite sure how to measure them anyways??? It is a 3-port barrel. What size would be most recommended to open'er up to? As far as loctite, am I supposed to loctite the Auto-Plug into the gas block or the adjustment screw?

To measure the holes you need to take off the gas block. Insert small drill bits in the holes to find what size fits. You need a good drill bit index with many different sizes of smalls bits. Loctite the adjustment screw only. Not the gas block because Im one of those people who take the plug out everytime I shoot to clean inside of it.

I don't know the size is suppose to be on a 3 port gun. I have a 4 port gun. I opened my ports up to 5/64 if I remember right. Most of my ports were almost closed. Now it will cycle anything after the port job. Maybe someone else will chime in that can tell you what size on a 3 port gun.

I'm pretty sure this information is redily avaliable on half of the s12 forum posts. With that said... "For the gun to run ideally they should measure .093 (3/32") for a 3 port gun & .076 (5/64") for a 4-port gun."

Edited by JefFamous
  • Like 1

I think enlarging the 3 is better than adding a 4th. The 4 holes leaves a weaker square of metal within the 4 holes.

good point. it would sure suck to be the first owner of a 4 port saiga to have that piece of metal fail. Maybe we can get the factory to reinforce that under warranty.

• 1 month later...

Installed auto plug and test fired it today. It shot both brands of Walmart universal 100 round value pack with no fte. I did not have to adjust the set screw at all. It is flush with the top of the plug. This is a good thing right? I haven't fired any buck shot or slug yet. Just want to know if I can fire buck and slug with it set this way.