The rules:

Step 1) Don't ask questions!!!! Search first. Use the googles!

Step 2) He posted on a 7 year old thread-- Let's git him! Necrophile... Observe my mastery of recycling old .gifs and JPEGS to illustrate how you are wasting my life.

Step 3) rinse and repeat.

Step 4) Forget that you were making those mistakes about a year and a half ago.

step 5) forget that old threads that have useful content are worth reviving, especially tech and how-to threads.

step 6) complain when someone duplicates an old dead thread with old broken links because it has been done. If they look it up, go back to step #2!

Edited by GunFun

ahh hell. time to close the forum. big_smile.gif i dont mind it so much. but sometimes we do beat the dead horse. and thats ok too, so long as folks are honest. integrity goes a long way. but not everybody admits to failing to use the search function.

I pretty much agree with GunFun on his points. I also try to answer newbie questions when I can. I've even posted "I don't know" when a question has languished unanswered for several days in order to bump the thread up and get an answer from someone who does know.

The new guys I do have a problem with are the ones who act like they own the place, or seem to have a chip on their shoulder from day one, are only here to knock the platform or forum members, or want to come across as "know it alls" except for the one question they have. I suppose it's all a matter of attitude. If you are respectful when asking questions, odds are more likely that you'll get an answer instead of a sarcastic remark.

The following post is how not to address a forum member when you have a grand total of 3 posts. Especially how not to address Russian Hammer as he doesn't mind being direct and explicit when answering you.

snapback.pngRussian Hammer, on 24 April 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

snapback.pngGlenn L, on 24 April 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Arsenal Inc. product line out of Las Vegas Nv. Price was good

haha.gif

You're a Douche with a fitting profession!

• Like 3

Hey....I have a saiga 12 and it wont cycle low brass on setting 1. Sould I just drill one giant hole in the gas block? Also, how many green lasers can I fit on my quad rail?

1. Yes. 1/4" ought to do it. Be sure to drill one hole the same size in the top of the barrel, too, instead of those teensy, cheap little holes they come with.

2. Well, "Quad" meaning "four"... You can put 4 lasers on your Quad Rail. Or 3 lasers and a flashlight. Or 2 lasers (I recommend one green and one red), a flashlight and a vertical grip.

biggrin.png

Edited by Ronin38

Hey....I have a saiga 12 and it wont cycle low brass on setting 1. Sould I just drill one giant hole in the gas block? Also, how many green lasers can I fit on my quad rail?

Since you're relatively new I'll help you out.

Before drilling/adding holes run at least ten thousand rounds of high brass to make sure it's broken in. If that doesn't work, buy a shot shell reloader and transfer all your low brass innards into high brass shells. Add a bit more powder while doing so and you should be good to go.

The second question is a little tougher but I'll give it a shot. It boils down to either how much money do you have or how much rail do you have, or both. You'd probably be better off asking this one in the tech section though because it sounds pretty technical.

2. Well, "Quad" meaning "four"... You can put 4 lasers on your Quad Rail.

I would put 8 on it, 4 forward and 4 backward.

The old thread, same thread thing doesnt bother me as much as the stupid fucking stickies in most of the forums. Alot of the detailed fix it/repair it threads keep floating off into history while some of the most outdated non technical threads are pinned up.

• Like 1

Seriously, if they won't fire on the number one setting, should I move it to the number two setting? LOL I just got to thinking, number 2 means it will run any s@#t through it. I don't think I got enough sleep last night!

The old thread, same thread thing doesnt bother me as much as the stupid fucking stickies in most of the forums. Alot of the detailed fix it/repair it threads keep floating off into history while some of the most outdated non technical threads are pinned up.

Dang it you beat me to it. Don't forget tactical lights too. and there are offset mounts, so they might be able to add a few more. Maybe an Ipod with range data on it and a rangefinder. Those slugs drop off fast, so you should know exactly how high to hold at 178 yards with 2 3/4" sluggers.

@Pucsa-- I am suprised at the restraint here. I fully expected your post at #6 would be #2!

• Like 1

The rules:

Step 1) Don't ask questions!!!! Search first. Use the googles!

Step 2) He posted on a 7 year old thread-- Let's git him! Necrophile... Observe my mastery of recycling old .gifs and JPEGS to illustrate how you are wasting my life.

Step 3) rinse and repeat.

Step 4) Forget that you were making those mistakes about a year and a half ago.

step 5) forget that old threads that have useful content are worth reviving, especially tech and how-to threads.

step 6) complain when someone duplicates an old dead thread with old broken links because it has been done. If they look it up, go back to step #2!

Repost!

JK

haha.gif

I will state one behavior that annoys me for real with newbies and old hands both. When someone makes a 3 page long post with pictures, and a bunch of guys quote the whole post just to say they like it or to respond to just one sentence.

Dudes: When you qoute, delete the portions of the quote that don't add value to your post!

• Like 6

Dang it you beat me to it. Don't forget tactical lights too. and there are offset mounts, so they might be able to add a few more. Maybe an Ipod with range data on it and a rangefinder. Those slugs drop off fast, so you should know exactly how high to hold at 178 yards with 2 3/4" sluggers.

@Pucsa-- I am suprised at the restraint here. I fully expected your post at #6 would be #2!

hey now i get it man, thats why i started that thread. the original story started when somone asked the usual "help my s12 wont cycle etc etc" well ye old tool linked him to the info he needed. the guy got all bent out of shape because he had to read the link. if you read further down i make note of the fact that everyone was new here at some point, and we should all have a little patience.

p.s. i sure hope you realize my post was a joke wink.png

of course I knew you were joking. I agree with your assessment of that thread. For what it is worth, I am joking about a real issue too. I sit on both sides of the issue, which is about as close to John Kerry as I will ever be. I can laugh at both sides.

I tend to play devil's advocate frequently and lately the trendy views are to rant about stupid noobs. If a noob is being rude, I would call him on it. However, when 25 guys already called him on it, I see no need to join the dogpile. I have seen a number of times where someone will post the usual new guy questions and it will be unanswered for a few days. Once one guy posts something dumb then there is a zerg rush. People take more initiative to attack than to help. I want the first responses to a new guy to be helpful. Even if that new guy is stupid. A link to the proper thread is not a rude reply. "Use google you idiot" is. A link to the proper thread and a suggestion about how to build an effective search is the best.

I also think that people asking favors should be polite. (why not other times too?) If you ask for advice and then ignore consistent advice from a quorum of knowledgeable enthusiasts and professionals then you are an idiot and you are wasting their time. If you are a new guy, you might not be able to tell the knowledgable enthusiasts from the cranks who post frequently, so that one goes both ways. I think they are a lot less likely to listen to the technical considerations if we demand that they also agree with our aesthetic opinions and start by insulting their ignorance.

We've all been guilty of posting generic responses before we have properly read the whole original question. That makes things worse.

As I see it Makc sets the rules for the forum, The Mods enforce them. An OP sets the rules for her thread, and people should tailor their responses to answer the question asked.

Also we need to relax and see the big picture: It is his gun not yours. A sporting saiga is still a great gun. Properly converted Saiga 12> Tapco'd Saiga 12> OEM Sporting Saiga 12> 870/Mossy 500 & most all tube fed shot guns. The "idiot noob" is still more open minded and made a better purchase than 95% of shotgun users. He still is pretty smart. He also has a right to be mad if his gun does not work as advertised.

• Like 1