Thanks to everyone who pushed these little darlings out there. Seems like a whole lot of people feel the need to catch the mess that comes out the muzzle of their gun when cleaning from the breech. Of course the ATF paperwork is available for anyone wishing to register their trap as a silencer..Check out the vids on youtube by CGW or ASA .

Yes, it's real...it might even be a little clearer if someone could link the ASA video we shot showing me hitting soda cans with my Walther.

I may be puter challenged........But, Once upon a time , long long ago, before night sites, lasers, red dots...ect. We used to practice "Point Shooting" with our work guns. With a bit of practice you can do pretty well even if you can not see your sites.

Ahh you youngsters are gonna be sheep in the woods once the "End" comes and the batteries wear out.

Us old combat guys and the Amish will rule....I can see it now....

"Elect me Church Elder and I will promise a Saiga 12 in every Buggy"...........

• Like 2

I would be stoked if it would work for 24x1.5 RH threads. or even 14x1 LH. that way I could use it on my SLR106ur once I get it SBR'd and also on my two x39s. Not sure how it would work for the 7.62x39 though.

So Tom...are you really selling these as "solvent catchers"?

Gee Bob, Surprised you would really ask that question.

These were manufactured in response to a Govt request for a solvent recovery system.

Being an old GI, I shot thru one to see how the filter would hold up. To my surprise they held up to full auto firing.

The results of that little experiment being the registered Econo-Can.

I have two seperate products here.

And neither you, or anyone else actually in Enforcement, is going to get any other answer.

I would be stoked if it would work for 24x1.5 RH threads. or even 14x1 LH. that way I could use it on my SLR106ur once I get it SBR'd and also on my two x39s. Not sure how it would work for the 7.62x39 though.

AR adapters in 1/2 x 28, and AK adapters in 14 x 1 LH are in stock, Also a few AR 10 in 5/8 x 24.

• Like 4

It really does suck getting solvent all over the floor while cleaning your rifle.

I know, right!? I don't know how many times my wife has said " I sure wish you had some sort of device to screw on the end of your rifles and pistols to catch the solvent and keep it off of the floor!"haha.gif
  • Like 1

I don't mean to offend you, Tom. I have a ton of respect for everything you've done.

I certainly wasn't trying to lead you into any sort of "confession".

It just surprises me. That is all.

Im guessing the solvent catcher only has one opening on the threaded end and the econo can has an entrance and an exit. If that is infact the case I dont really see what the issue is. Now if an individual were to mount a solvent catcher and fire through it..well that would be solely that individuals choice to modify that solvent catcher..( illegally). Im sure somebody with criminsl intent wouldnt need to purchase this item to achive their objective.

If you watch tbe videos you'll see the can gets an exit hole wben you fire the first round.

I am puzzled by the fact that this thread is about solvent traps but the vids are about econo cans...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...