Walked into a gun store after work yesterday. This place is a bit out of the way in an old blue color neighborhood but I was going to a friend's house and this store was maybe another 5 miles past his. The store has been there since something like the 40's or 50's. Anyhow, this is the kind of place where you can find just about every variety of Mausers, Enfields, Steyr's, Sharps 45/70. All kinds of lever guns and shotguns and some have hefty prices (im sure they're rare I just know didly squat about them) If you want obscure ammo they'll have it. They've got all kinds of old revolvers, HiPowers, Brownings, 1911s. You can spend a week in there and every day find some kind of gun you've never seen before. The place looks small but they have a metric shit ton of guns. So there I was browsing when I spot what books to be a Galil. Square wooden lower handguard, bipod, folding stock and all. Sticker says $1400...to much for me but its a Galil. I asked to see it and when its handed to me I see its on "consignment" and its a Century Golani dressed up.....WTF is the owner thinking? I hand the rifle back and about to leave when I notice the bottom of an underfolder stock.and ask to see it. The salesman hands me a preban Norinco 56-1, 7.62x39 underfolder in immaculate condition. Says the gun comes with some extras (original paperwork and cleaning kit and mag + 2 extra mags no box but has a soft case). I take the rifle apart and its never been fired. No residue on the poison, nothing inside the receiver, pristine barrel. It was all good but no price sticker. Salesman says "we just got this. Some guy brought it in to put on consignment." The owner hears this and yeals from the back "ITS $599!!!!!

exciting.gif

It is now in my safe.

Edited by Arik
  • Like 5

The package

658824DA-orig.jpg

cleaning kit

E252E48F-orig.jpg

Manual

3127684F-orig.jpg

Extra cover with scope. Lame! But at least the previous owner didn't fubar the original cover

AE2EB24E-orig.jpg

044DC054-orig.jpg

E7B8803A-orig.jpg

D27C595A-orig.jpg

9E31C14E-orig.jpg

E25E984D-orig.jpg

9E36C07E-orig.jpg

8999989E-orig.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

I actually walked into another store just this past Sunday and the guy had a 5.56 Norinco side folder. The folder aftermarket but a nice one. I was thinking i'd take it if he'll sell for $800 or less. When I asked about the price he said " a thousand, maybe more" With only one mag. I walked away

Edited by Arik
  • 2 weeks later...