Coolest Saiga 12 picture

In order for the magwell to work, it has to have magazines that are coefficient with it.

Context clues would suggest that those magazines would be such magazines.

Can you tell me why then are there pictures of Saiga 12's with the magwell using traditional Izhmash 8 round ribbed magazines? This is the first time I've seen the magazine pictured in this photo.

Can you tell me why then are there pictures of Saiga 12's with the magwell using traditional Izhmash 8 round ribbed magazines?  This is the first time I've seen the magazine pictured in this photo.

Simply because there are two types of SWAT-mags. As shown before and one like regular 8-rounder. Front notch just has been removed and some plastic added to rear...

Once again... toiminta-ampujat That last picture shows the difference bethween normal 8-round mag and SWAT 8-round mag. These mags do look alike, don't they? :angel:

I'll try to find better pictures...

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

JumiKuula, damn glad to see your still hanging around here, still can't stop watching that Video of team shitbirds and still can't find a good Finnish to English translator for toiminta-ampujat, but I like to look at the pictures and read between the butchered translations I get (was there today). Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on this version of the 12? Was this produced in numbers, or just a few strays and where was it distributed? If standard 8 rounders are hard to get, how the hell would you track down the second design.....or any of the parts used on this version. :super:

Also just noticed a few things, rough barrel length seems to be around 16" and the markings on one of the pictures from the Finnish page look to be the same as my 22" (23" act) full choke model.

post-1866-1126917007.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm

That's a great picture. It is like a wish-list of parts.

Obviously the Russians continue to innovate on the S12 but over here in the U.S. we are out of the loop.

I know that there is a Russian language section on this board, so is it too much to expect that a Russian "local" who is in a position to get the current information, would be able to post it on this board?

If you got something to ask about written at toiminta-ampujat.net just add that question on the board and they'll (...and I) answer or translate it in english. ;)

Those SWATs are rare! What I've heard is that a dozen have been made and none has got outside of Russian borders, except for completitions of course... And since these "Pearls of Saiga" can't be bought easily I had to start with scratch making +2 pads, magwells and muzzle brakes. And btw, I saw first picture of SWAT-model quite soon after first prototype of magwell was done. B) ...Started wondering when everyone thought it was a copy of SWAT-version. And soon after using Google a bit there it was... The idea of magwell just came up when I and PJ were thinking what could we do with ShitBird to make it a lot more reliable and easier to shoot. Don't know if PJ knew about SWAT-version back then or not. :huh:

And as there are no Swat parts availlable I had to make my 8-rounders to work as look-alike SWAT's mags. One could say that the circle is closed. :rolleyes: And internet is very usefull source of information if you know what you are looking for. Though I first thouhgt that SWAT can use normal mags as well, as Shitbird's first prototype magwell did...

About those markings, I believe that "different" SWATs have been made...

-JumiKuula aka JamShot

Was MGI PhotoSuite 4-cheapo program as I remember, but very easy to use. I just cropped out the original to show the stamp. I think I got the original, larger picture from our Finnish friends. Sometimes you have to save as a different file type or size to be able to post depending on site guidelines.

So wait...this "2nd generation" magwell if you will appears to take Saiga magazines that are closer in width and profile to the original rock n'lock Saiga mag...is that an accurate statement?

The 1st generation magwell was kind of narrow and the mag appeared also to have a narrowed section at the top. But the one in the pictures above seems to have an extra wide magwell capable of accommodating the width of a normal Saiga mag.

BTW, I'd devour a kitten for that gas block.

Edited by ForGreatJustice
I know that there is a Russian language section on this board, so is it too much to expect that a Russian "local" who is in a position to get the current information, would be able to post it on this board?

Saiga 12-030 is discontinued - this model of Saiga 12 shotgun was still too raw to mass production after several years of testing. New type of magazines aimed to feed Saiga with polyamide magwell finally pass preproduction testing not so long ago. Now we have compromise solution like Saiga 12-040 - old saiga 12 with new magwell and new magazines.

438.gif

It's overpriced here and you cannot get spare mags of new type because it's very rare even here. If I'll get new 12-040 from IZHMASH directly I'll tell more if it will be necessary for you at that moment.

Don't ask me about blueprints - I'm not an engeneer and can provide only photoes. For blueprints you have to ask CIA.

Was MGI PhotoSuite 4-cheapo program as I remember, but very easy to use. I just cropped out the original to show the stamp. I think I got the original, larger picture from our Finnish friends. Sometimes you have to save as a different file type or size to be able to post depending on site guidelines.

Thanks for the information 6500rpm.