Kushnaup bullpup stock - MY PERSONAL REVIEW!

I gotta tell you... I DO love this stock!!! I DONT HAVE to love it!! I dont have to say its anything other than what it is... but I do!

It is the cats pajamas if you want a bullpup on a saiga without the need to convert or screw around. Drop in fit! little or no tweaking required. ( By tweaking... I mean THIS: If you want to cut the tangs off, and keep it in this stock, its simple... If you need to add a spacer... thats easy enough to do too! and THATS the extent of it!!! )

Other than missing an optics rail... which our vendor at CSS sells... ( at least for the S12's... ) this kit is the WAY TO GO! :up: :up:

:smoke:

it is linked in the review section down at the bottom... and NO I wont... cause if you go and buy the last one, before *I* get one... I will hunt you down, skin you alive with bullhead pliers, and roll you in kosher salt... :up:

can you post a link to the optics rail that css sells?

We will have a new small optic rail this weekend that replaces the rear sight on the Saiga Shotguns. It will work well for this product and is much less expensive than the full ultimak rail. I will post a link as soon as they come in.

• Like 1

has anyone done a saiga that has been converted? I converted mine and i read on kushnapup you have to trim down a certain part of the stock, was wondering if anyone has done it yet?

The kushnapup stock does NOT work with CONVERTED Saigas. The part that needs to be trimmed are the rear upper and lower tangs. I circumvented THAT process on MY kpup build by adding the extension to the stock. If you have a converted saiga you either can reconvert it back to use the kushnapup stock, or it just gives you an excuse to BUY ANOTHER SAIGA!!!! and after all... isn't that just a WIN/WIN situation??!?!?

i edited the post for future reference for folks with that same issue. :up: it said it before, just in small print down near the second or third video... now its bold, red, and up top! LOL :up:

next time, I will try picassa. just picked on of the first video hostings that popped up...

No sir. All that happen is a circle that goes round and round and round. "close window to play" sends my to various downloaders. No problem with videos on other hosts. I'm not playing with videobambambambam. Sorry, I really wanted to watch your videos.

I have see it mentioned in the gun wiki, to put a nut, or washer behind the trigger return spring. I initially did this, however even with the smallest one I could find it caused some binding on the transfer bar. I personally don't recommend you do this as the binding may bend the bar over time. I went without it, and the spring stays in place fine, captured by the plastic rib that was intended for that purpose.

Has anyone tried dumping a 20 round drum with these kits yet? It seems like it would be awkward to have to reach around the drum. Any comments on this?

I have not actually shot with the drum in the Kush, however, I have shouldered it with the drum in. Completely awkward and nearly unusable. May do a round dump from the hip if you're into that. The only real option if you need 20rds is a 20rd stick mag from JTE or what not if you want to shoot the kush shouldered.

Has anyone tried dumping a 20 round drum with these kits yet? It seems like it would be awkward to have to reach around the drum. Any comments on this?

I have not actually shot with the drum in the Kush, however, I have shouldered it with the drum in. Completely awkward and nearly unusable. May do a round dump from the hip if you're into that. The only real option if you need 20rds is a 20rd stick mag from JTE or what not if you want to shoot the kush shouldered.

I'd be curious to hear how it was with a 12 round drum. That's what I would like to run *IF* I buy the Kush.

I have see it mentioned in the gun wiki, to put a nut, or washer behind the trigger return spring. I initially did this, however even with the smallest one I could find it caused some binding on the transfer bar. I personally don't recommend you do this as the binding may bend the bar over time. I went without it, and the spring stays in place fine, captured by the plastic rib that was intended for that purpose.

Do you think it would hold up over time captured by the plastic rib?

I'm new to the forum and I'm *VERY TEMPTED* to buy a Kush kit. I won't be shooting it a ton. I'm curious, once I have worked out the minor bugs and get it installed, how long do you think it would take to take it apart for a field cleaning? Also, I imagine you *could* clean most of it from above without breaking it all down.

I didnt even USE the spring in my build... I had more than enough trigger reset from the linkage and my factory trigger... 032.gif

000.gif

EXCELLENT!

Given mine is brand new I should be in the same boat! I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy it for a fun project!

I checked out the gas tube last night and the hole is perfectly aligned! The hammer spring is also VERY beefy! Overall I'm VERY impressed with the build on this Izhmash. I also know they had a few years to work out the kinks. ;)

I used a UTG mount, drilled the tapped holes for a tight clearance of the UTG hex cap screws and tapped into the Kush stock 4x 6-32. I can finally see with the addition of the Bushnell holo.

Just so I understand correctly, did you use the top rail of this unit?

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=mount&itemno=MTU002

I was going to try to fit the upper half piece that goes over the gas tube (the piece that the upper pic rail sections mount to) and drill and tap the flat sections of the Kush stock forearm for the four mounting screws. It looks as if the upside down "U" channels would fill the slightly gap between the gas tube and the Kush stock and then seat nicely over the flat spot.

Here is a good end on view of it:

http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.php?image=MSG12__(1)_001_JPG_450.jpg&username=tigerrock&aid=319415096

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM/VERIFY AND POST CLOSE UP PICTURES?!

*** I really wanted to use this setup as I could avoid removing the front sight and tapping/screwing the Ultimak to the gas tube. ***

I am GRATEFUL for your help! This is the last tipping point for me on whether to take on the Kush project.