And the Libtards think we just need to be at one with Mother Nature... News flash assholes, Mother Nature is a bitch and some of her progeny will kill and eat you.

People look at me like I'm crazy fishing with my EDC OCd on my hip, especially with my kids, hello the freaking Cottonmouths & Alligators down here are aggressive!

Like I'm going to stand by while something attacks my kidz or me?

And then there are the two legged predators.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

I feel so vindicated by this article. My wife always bitches at me because I can't take a crap without one of my AK's by my side. For years, I've had the habit of field stripping while shitting. It kind of makes the time in the can more pleasant for me.

• Like 1

I feel so vindicated by this article. My wife always bitches at me because I can't take a crap without one of my AK's by my side. For years, I've had the habit of field stripping while shitting. It kind of makes the time in the can more pleasant for me.

i do the same thing. haha.gif

Hmm.. that's not a bad idea.

I think I'll grab a rifle on my way to the bathroom right now!

*edit: Ah yes, that was an enjoyable dump, and the first time I'd practiced shouldering and aiming my rifle from that particular seated position. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

We used to put this book, its sequel, and a copy of a book called "Shipwrecks of the Pacific Coast" on the bunks of all of our green crewmen on our Bristol Bay gillnetter.

It's a good read. I have followed news stories about bear attacks and so forth, and you find that bears tend to do the same types of attacks over and over. They tend to enter buildings and exit them in predictable patterns too. (In through a door, out the kitchen window, or the other way round. I can't recall which.)

One interesting things you notice is that most bear attacks are hunters while cleaning their game. The bear will usually toss them around, roll them, chew on their butt a bit without really taking a bite, and then chew on the victim's head from the back. The bear then usually leaves them alive and buries them under debris, and leaves, to come back later after they tenderize a couple of days. Most of the survivors say that the worst part is the feeling and sound of the teeth scraping on their skulls. They usually are missing most of their scalp and a lot of blood. Most survive this type of attack. This is the most common pattern for brown bears in AK.

Black bears are more likely to attack, and if they mean to kill you it is usually with a quick swat to the skull. One of my teachers was in a hunting party having breakfast at camp. someone's dog harassed a bear and ran back to camp. The bear chased the dog and casually swatted a boy (15) seated at the table as it ran though the camp and apparently decapitated him or nearly so.

Yours may be the first gun I don't really want to handle!

Edited by GunFun

Just so long as it's not flagged on GunBroker as a bathroom gun.

I feel bad for the bear. Poor bear probably had the runs and really had to go. It's not like he can say "hey pal, hurry up in there."

I thought they shit in the woods!

• Like 1

Ah man!! When I was a kid in the mountains using an outhouse, all I worried about was the yellow jackets buzzing around below my a%#, or the cousin that didn't have the decency to piss off of the porch! Wow, I will NEVER go in the woods again without a weapon beside me!!

Now on a funnier note, my granpaw told me one time when he was on a hunt, he had to take a dump. Well, he had propped his rifle against a stump close by and did his business. During his "naturals", a HUGE buck came up a sniffin around him, and his rifle just out of reach! He said that he dragged his gallusses ( the straps on overalls) through his feces trying to grab his rifle, only to have the buck snort and run off before he could get a shot off. Never forget that story! LOL

Black bears are more likely to attack, and if they mean to kill you it is usually with a quick swat to the skull. One of my teachers was in a hunting party having breakfast at camp. someone's dog harassed a bear and ran back to camp. The bear chased the dog and casually swatted a boy (15) seated at the table as it ran though the camp and apparently decapitated him or nearly so.

I've never heard of black bears being overly aggressive... Most folks I've spoken to who've run into black bears have reported that they tend to run away. Always thought of the North American bear species, black bears were the least aggressive. Of course they're dangerous, and quite capable of killing human beings. They just tend to prefer to run away, especially if there are lots of people.

I said more likely to attack. That is all. Statistically black bears are more likely to attack than brown bears, but brown bears are more likely to kill when they do.

No, I don't have any current links to data, but everything I have ever read on the subject has said just that.