A buddy of mine sent me a link to a company called Silver Shadow. Silver Shadow builds weapons based on the AR platform from piston driven, to micro pistols. They also have an AK sniper called a Tinma that's seems pretty cool in 7.62x51 Nato, but what caught my eye was on the main page. Its a double barreled AR.. wtf?

I mean I have seen concepts and other rigs of double barreled rifles, but this thing takes the cake. I don't know if its completely badass, too over the top, or just downright stupid. I'd probably buy one if I gobs of money burning holes in my pockets for the sheer shock and awe factor.

Here are the stats:

Caliber: 5.56X45mm

Method of operation: Proprietary piston system

Weight without magazine: 9.41 pounds

Overall length (stock extended) 31.50 inches

Overall length (stock removed) 19.50 inches

Barrel length: 9.5 inches

Weapon width: 22.9 inches

Bore characteristics Chrome lined 1:7 RH

Firing mode: Full auto or semi-auto available

Now some pics:

gilboasnake2.jpg

gilboasnake3.jpg

gilboasnake.jpg

What do y'all think?

I'm thinking that the width stated has got to be wrong. Among other things....

Yeah, I can't figure out what it's referring to when it mentions width because it mentions length with and without the stock.

Would probably have to be a post dealer sample, even in semi auto. Because if there's one trigger that fires both barrels, I think the ATF would consider that the same as a single barrel with a 2 round burst. I could be wrong though.

Would probably have to be a post dealer sample, even in semi auto. Because if there's one trigger that fires both barrels, I think the ATF would consider that the same as a single barrel with a 2 round burst. I could be wrong though.

You're not wrong.

Lets see, 2x has much to clean, 2x as much to go wrong, 2x as much to carry.....

No thanks, I'll doubletap and practice my mag swaps. Or better yet, use a drum so that that extra weight can at least be sent down range.

Looks like a total pain to sight in with two barrels not to mention the funky action that thing has to have seeing how there is only one buffer tube. Most defiantly in the toy/ money burning a hole in my pocket category. Not to mention what would you would you do if you had a double double feed horror.gif

(Really think about how wacky that thing would be to load, unload, and clear malfunctions)

I'll stick to my trusty M4 for fighting

Uzitiger might know more.The SilverShadow I know of is a security company in Israel that also makes/sells some firearms/parts. The Galil stock adapted to a few of my AK's is a copy I made of their design that never hit the US market after being shown at the SHOT Show some years back. My guess is that if they make it, it runs...