I am a absolute believer that aks are thee best weapons ever. I also like the traditional ak sights because I can focus in on a target better with my eye conditions, but after seeing the hk sights I am considering the krebs ghost sight or the chaos quadrail with the hk sight, my question is... Which do you like better and why? Thanks

I have Krebs, and love them. The ghost rings allow for quicker target acquisition since the rear sight of the Krebs has a larger ring aperture than the H&K. The H&K were meant for something that has more range than a shotgun... my .02

• Like 1

I like the sights on a shotgun to be as close to the bore as possible, for multiple reasons. Factory sights for me.

^ This.

I have AK sights on my S12. They are good for slugs, and if you are VERY used to AK sights. (Which I am) But... the offset from the bore is more of an annoyance on a shotgun than a benefit. I am "visually" more certain of my shots with slugs due to the fact I am guiding them in with both a front and rear sight. But the truth is, I don't truly shoot them any better than I do with my 870 that just has a HUGE f/o front bead pipe from HiViZ. And they occlude more of my vision... and they are slower than a bead. The bore offset means I have the FSP twisted way way way down, and the rear sight set on 400m for a mere 35yds.

But I guess at least I "have" an option to adjust that you otherwise wouldn't have. Not much you can do about the offset from the bore on the S12. But compared to a traditional shotgun with a bead on the barrel... I'd still pick a bead on a barrel.

i like krebs best, i really don't even like hk sights on a rifle let alone a shotgun

HK diopter sights make me want to throw babies into a tree chipper. I hate them. The notch is vague, and visually annoying. Light transitions seem to give me issues as well as the V catches light in dumb ways. The peep occludes too much of my vision. Last sights I would want on a shotgun. I had them on a shorty AR. They were awful. A lot of people seem to like them, and go through the trouble of installing them on a S12. But make sure it's what you want first. On paper it seems like they could be the best of both worlds / peep/ notch. In actuality I like them not as much as either the AK notch, OR the AR peep.

If you are used to them, and like them. Then, OK. But if it's something you are going to weld onto the S12 and you've never run them before. Buyer beware. You may find like I did, just because other people are doing it... doesn't mean it will work for you.

• Like 1

I like the sights on a shotgun to be as close to the bore as possible, for multiple reasons. Factory sights for me.

^ This.

I have AK sights on my S12. They are good for slugs, and if you are VERY used to AK sights. (Which I am) But... the offset from the bore is more of an annoyance on a shotgun than a benefit. I am "visually" more certain of my shots with slugs due to the fact I am guiding them in with both a front and rear sight. But the truth is, I don't truly shoot them any better than I do with my 870 that just has a HUGE f/o front bead pipe from HiViZ. And they occlude more of my vision... and they are slower than a bead. The bore offset means I have the FSP twisted way way way down, and the rear sight set on 400m for a mere 35yds.

But I guess at least I "have" an option to adjust that you otherwise wouldn't have. Not much you can do about the offset from the bore on the S12. But compared to a traditional shotgun with a bead on the barrel... I'd still pick a bead on a barrel.

i like krebs best, i really don't even like hk sights on a rifle let alone a shotgun

HK diopter sights make me want to throw babies into a tree chipper. I hate them...

Hahaha I literally laughed out loud when I read that!haha.gif

So what about removing the bead and adding one of these boys;

post-41803-0-32477000-1339970403.jpg

I like fiber optic sights. I have TFO's on a few hand guns and they are insane in a direct light source. But for fiber optic to truly be effective it needs a lot of surface area to gather light when its not in direct light.

Like something this size. Even after the sun was gone and it was over cast and raining... just look at it glow.

My lady shooting the 870 at night.

The little ones are ok. But I think you'll be disappointed in all but direct light. It is going to be better than something black in the dark however. But not much.

The bigger it is. The more light it can gather. The brighter the end "dot" will be even when its not in direct light. Those are tiny.

• Like 1

I figured something like this would be better than a small black bead. But, how about something that doesn't need to gather light?

post-41803-0-64339800-1340005734.jpg

I watched the vid, what was that thing she was doing after every shot, moving her hand back and forth?

I remember seeing something like that in an old Clint Eastwood movie...

Lmao squishy, I believe they call that the 'ol HJ.

What is this "HJ" you speak of? I have a suspicion but I would never make a crude comment in reference to someone's wife, girlfriend, mother, sister etc.

Yet another failed attempt at humor on my part....the internet's a tough room.

Edited by Squishy