It all started when I had to take a morning off from work to go to the dreaded NYS DMV. My liscence needed to be renewed and the registration on the truck were both up - not good. Anyway, there this older biker looking guy and his old lady is being kindof rude and Im not normally one to listen in but the conversation caught my attention...

Her "... and you need to get that thing out of the yard, and you don't have any room for it in the shed cuz you got too many bikes"

Him "I know, I know, I'm going to call and see if he will take it for two hundred. I mean its not like theres anything really wrong with it its a good kegerator..."

Me " I'de be interested in that"

So I had him deliver it to me for another $50 raising the cost to $250.

He wasn't even happy when I gave him the money, kept trying to tell me about the great parties they had with it. I guess what happened was he had a weekend binger the previous weekend and spent the old ladys money to go to motorcycle school to get her own liscence!

Kegerator.jpg

So time to do a little research and give it the TLC it needed.

I started working on killing the rust immidiatly. but i'm not finished.

PA190013.JPG

Later when I had more time, I started replacing the hoses and sanitizing everything...

Before photos

Started taking things apart and cleaning them...

PA190019.JPG

New hoses...

Buying the CO2 tank and regulator was a bit expensive, but I own the tank now and refills will be cheap, so not too terrible. Not positive on how much CO2 each keg takes, but I figure the 20lb bottle I got should last a few.

PA190015.JPG

PA190016.JPG

PA190022.JPG

PA190023.JPG

PA190024.JPG

Nice! Looks like it was neglected a bit. It's a good thing someone is taking care of it now. Commercial ones that nice cost a few grand. The caster wheels will sure make it easy to move around. You can even remove the hard wheels and get tubeless ones for pushing around on the grass.

Good score!

cant wait to see the finished product.

good names for such items are tuff to choose. i like stupid shit such as long legs lanora, slutty sue, and we cant forget the classic, mary jane rotten-crotch.

whatever you choose will suffice.

Depending on your company, you could call it the TOOL BENCH! :)

Or maybe just the work bench.

Are you going to sand down the cancer in the inside and repaint it? Moist conditions, might be a nice place to use some epoxy paint inside there. I bet the stainless comes out nice! Is that a 8by down there for a foot rest? :) Always wanted one with an old steel truck bumper for a foot rest.

• Like 1

The Think Tank sounds good and so does the chrome bumper off a truck for the footrest! Great find. Hope you didn't forget your license and registration. Can't wait to see pictures of the progress!

nyclu3

• Like 1

I work on beer systems at the bars around town.

Set your CO2 reg to 14 to 16 lbs going into the keg.

If you dont pull a beer every day untap the keg.

The beer will get to much CO2 in it and all you will get is foam.

If you get to much Co2 in the beer.

Untap let it set for a bit, 1/2 hour or so,

Then retap and pull the pressure release to let out the CO2.

Sometimes you might have to shake the keg

real good and then pull release to let it vent.

Enjoy your new bar.

• Like 2

okay... the bumper idea might have to happen now...

I was planning on sealing it all up with some POR-15, it gets stronger with exposure to moisture. Its UV sensitive, but inside? I think it'll be okay.

I love the ideas guys, keep them rolling.

put a stripper pole on that bitch and you will have yourself a nice front row seat to some quality action!

but if you get a girl like red posted, hell i sign my paycheck over to that shit. but i got dibs on her panties.anger.gif

• Like 2

How about "The big bad wolf & the 3 little kegs".

That bad boy is Rockin!!! A must for any garage! Man, to think how much I would get done on my truck if it was always right next to a cold fresh beer!!

• Like 1

thats kindof the idea. get a 1/2 keg and hit a project hard.

I bet I can get my yamaha welded back up and put back together in a few days with this.

no bet about it NB. just fuckin do it brotha! i got faith! cool.png

I had a kegerator -sp? when I was in my party years. It was a really nice one with chrome trim, refer, caster wheels and easy clean outs. Everything on it was high class that could be used at fancy events until it got the huge NIN nine inch nails sticker on the door and a pineapple grenade for a tap. She was a good girl and was so well made that it looked new after years of abuse and neglect. The kids still use it back home but it has a million stickers on it now and the grenade was replaced with something resembling a pot water pipe.

I tried to con my wife into getting another one when I was still drinking. My line was that it was more economical to purchase beer in bulk than in 6 packs. We would have saved money over time... Yeah, she didn't buy it!

• Like 1

I had a kegerator -sp? when I was in my party years. It was a really nice one with chrome trim, refer, caster wheels and easy clean outs. Everything on it was high class that could be used at fancy events until it got the huge NIN nine inch nails sticker on the door and a pineapple grenade for a tap. She was a good girl and was so well made that it looked new after years of abuse and neglect. The kids still use it back home but it has a million stickers on it now and the grenade was replaced with something resembling a pot water pipe.

I tried to con my wife into getting another one when I was still drinking. My line was that it was more economical to purchase beer in bulk than in 6 packs. We would have saved money over time... Yeah, she didn't buy it!

The pineapple grenade sounds really cool . The bong/pot pipe, very lame.

I sure would like to have one of those kegerator's.

Edited by RedChallenger

The pineapple grenade sounds really cool . The bong/pot pipe, very lame.

I sure would like to have one of those kegerator's.

Yeah, they hippified the kegerator. Pretty lame. The grenade was really cool but the weight of it forced you to be careful or you would break the internal mechanism on the neck. The unit I had was just a little larger than a mini fridge and the wood was covered in some kind of industrial black plastic like a kitchen counter top. Sure do miss the thing. The temperature control was awesome!

A stripper or a pole?

Both silly, +1 on the bumper and the POR-15. You should get RobRez to do a cartoon for the front, just have to think of a good theme and find someone who can airbrush while drunk...........

One more thought for the handles would be some nice Russian Red hand guards, not sure if they would be to heavy. You would have to make a backend bracket, but I think you could fab that.

Edited by Dad2142Dad