I've listed my MAK 90 locally. I got a trade offer for a NIB SGL31-61 as a straight trade. I do realize the SGL31 is worth more, but I was hoping for an SGL21 offer.

I'm also hesitant because I don't have any 5.45 ammo and the MAK is my only 7.62 AK. I know I would end up dropping close to 1K on ammo right off because it's basically a surplus ammo kinda weapon and I'm paranoid about it drying up.

What to do....

my MAK

post-36765-0-37319900-1341086051_thumb.jpg

i would trade it, but a few of the places i checked are out of the 5.45 suprlus until the end of summer. but thats a hard one to pass up. but you can easily get wolf, tula, silver bear and hornady for it pretty readily.

I would hang onto the MAK. You seem hesitant and that is never a good sign going into a trade.

Besides, SGL's are steadily rolling in. Chinese AKM's stopped being imported years ago.

I agree with that. ^

• Like 1

id take russian over chinese any day. but thats me.

if your wanting a 7.62 AK, then list that as a trade option. you may get more offers.

Edited by Captain Hero

I would hang onto the MAK. You seem hesitant and that is never a good sign going into a trade.

Besides, SGL's are steadily rolling in. Chinese AKM's stopped being imported years ago.

I also agree.

That's why I just ordered a SLR 107 and putting the Maadi back in the safe.

• Like 1

too nice to sell or trade! keep it and offer to buy the 5.45 ...

the mac appreciated due to it's rarity. the sgl is nice and all but its an inflated common pig. long term, hell no if profit is what you hope to accomplish. hell no if a collectable.

overall..... hell no

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 1

I would deff take the trade. Even if you decide you dont like it, you would still be able to turn a profit on it for what you want.

What exactly are you wanting if I might ask?

A NIB SGL21-71 would be ideal. The problem with the MAK is that it's a little too pretty for an AK with the blued steel. It's become a safe queen. I thinks it's been a year or more since I last shot it.

Yes, no more Chicoms are being imported, but then again, they're inferior rifles. wink.png

jbanzai, if I were you; I'd take the trade, assuming the 31 has a low rnd count and is in great shape. I think it'd be easier to trade a SGL31 for a 21 than it'd be to trade your MAK-90 for one. The Russian rifles, regardless of caliber, are worth more, and appeal to a greater audience than a ban-style Chicom gun.

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2