Saiga 223's are HOT right now. Also with the MSA adapter becoming more common knowlege... some of the AR crowd is wanting to give them a try. Word of how easy it is to convert (restore) Saiga 223's (as well as the uber expensive Arsenal's actually build off them) is becoming more common knowlege. As a result...demand is becoming VERY high for these rifles! Definitely grab one when you find one!

for some reason these are hard to get at the moment. i wish everyone luck with their quest, but please dont pay an outrageous amount. i got mine used. i was tired of waiting for a new one to pop up so i said fuck it.

Ordering is often NOT the cheapest route... people overlook the shipping charges + FFL transfer fees. In other words... a rifle that cost $399 will also have a $25 shipping fee + a (FFL depending) $50 transfer fee. No one likes to talk about that. But that's reality. So next time you're in your local gun store... remember... if you decide to order instead... tack on an extra (at least) $75 to "online" price.

it was around this time last year that they dropped to $299.....wishful thinking

yea and the Easter bunny used to bring you candy right....when is everyone gonna stop cryin about the price of a quality combat rifle that will work thru almost anyhting you put it thru. hell you can still get an AK for round 500 bucks. if you dont wanna part with the 500 clams for an AK then make a slingshot or buy an aluminum baseball bat.

it was around this time last year that they dropped to $299.....wishful thinking

yea and the Easter bunny used to bring you candy right....when is everyone gonna stop cryin about the price of a quality combat rifle that will work thru almost anyhting you put it thru. hell you can still get an AK for round 500 bucks. if you dont wanna part with the 500 clams for an AK then make a slingshot or buy an aluminum baseball bat.

The SAiga is not a combat rifle until it's restored. So you figure current prices of $380-$400 for the factory stock saiga (plus FFL fees and shipping $50 for both), and another $100- $300 to restore it you personal taste. So low end you are around $530, and anyhitng else is higher in price which approaches AR15 prices. Sure it'll be more reliable, but it supposed to be less expensive to build since it is easier to make a AK pattern rifle. Do I want to part with $500 for an AK pattern rifle? No. I'll wait things out for a while and see if the boat comes in with a new batch and see what prices do.

Ordered 1 from Buds. Not sure how many they have but they did confirm shipping already. Thanks for the help.

I didn't have the best of luck with Bud's, I sure hope you do! Classic Firearms has always done me right, picked up a .223 16" when they were 299.00. They charged 22 for the shipping and my ffl wanted 20 for the transfer back on 11/11. Good luck.

FWIW I’ve made several purchases from Bud’s and never had a problem with them. Last time I looked for Saigas on Bud’s it was restricted to preferred or club members. I don’t like that Club Member BS…So now they opened them up to all, very good. It’s my fault for not checking on last buy. I got another 223 from Classic about two weeks ago for $415. Had i seen it on Bud's I could have saved $40 from Bud’s so you did well.