New Player in the Game?

Stopped at the magazine section in the grocery store this evening. Picked up the October copy of Special Weapons to glance at. There seems to be a new player in the Custom Saiga arena, or maybe they aren't. I just thought I'd pass along the info as there was a lengthy article written about their custom Saiga shotguns and AKs'. I've not heard of this company before but they have a fairly nifty website. Bravo 18. It's always fun to read about our favorite children. Take a look and post your opinions.

is it me or am I missing something? There is no mention of any reliability work done... just aesthetic stuff.

The "Devil is in the details". There are quite a few shops out there that do nothing or very little in regards to reliability work when it comes to their conversions. A buyer sees something that looks good to them and it is a couple hundred cheaper, so they go with it. Looks great when they get it in hand, if they are lucky.... and runs like shit. In the Saiga 12 market, you get what you pay for or much less.

My best advice to someone looking for a conversion is to look at close up pics of the rear of the receiver of a conversion done by the company, if you can find some. This can be a good indicator of how much they care, how high or low their standards are when it comes to cosmetics, and how much time they are actually spending on the weapons. I don't mean the pics on their site either. Google is your friend. You may be able to see whether or not they weld and blend the holes, have a blind monkey doing the blending, disturb the lower radius of the receiver by grinding into it, grind waves in the receiver, fill the importer markings, leave grind marks down all sides of the receiver that show through the finish, hack up AK100 conversions, or grind into the rear block rivet heads. If a company will leave some bullshit hacked up stuff visible on the outside, bet your ass they don't give a damn about the quality of work on the internals either. Very sad, but true. I'm so glad I can do my own work.

They were the ones selling the AOW pistol with OEM parts, and a hex rail so you can mount 3 scopes on top of your pistol shotgun. Oh and also, full length gas system.

• Like 1

They were the ones selling the AOW pistol with OEM parts, and a hex rail so you can mount 3 scopes on top of your pistol shotgun. Oh and also, full length gas system.

Wasn't that AOW on the original receiver? I remember it being that way.

Well, every shotgun needs a red dot, NV, and a 50mm obj scope for sniping with slugs. 3 scopes is perfect.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

Yeah, I noticed that full length gas system. That was a big Flag for me. I was looking beyond the eye candy.