send her on vacation without any of you.

a gift certificate to the day spa

two one in the airforce one in the marines one in last year of school,she loves those manikeers and pedikeers or whatever they are called ,will put on the list.thanks

Congrats!

Our 8/15 is next week. I am flush right now so she got $300 worth of new pants she wanted, a Walther PPS and I'm hoping the weather holds for a private plane ride over the Bob Marshall Wilderness.

Good luck!

It'll be twenty years for my wife and I in February. Congratulations! As far as what to do for her, you know your wife better than any of us. Do something for her that she loves, and something that she never would think in a million years you would do for her. Sometimes laying down what is important to us and simply focusing on her is the best way to make her day special.

• Like 1

It'll be twenty years for my wife and I in February. Congratulations! As far as what to do for her, you know your wife better than any of us. Do something for her that she loves, and something that she never would think in a million years you would do for her. Sometimes laying down what is important to us and simply focusing on her is the best way to make her day special.

Congratulations to you too. It seems to be tougher all the time for couples to stay together.

Good advice also. The reason I didn't give any is that I tend to be a bit different than a lot of guys at times so wouldn't want to give any suggestions that might be less than optimal. For example, I once gave her a case (not a box) of tampons for Valentines Day. I was a long haul trucker at the time and the damaged case was rejected by the customer. My company didn't want it so....

Needless to say, she was less than ecstatic at the the time and even gave a substantial part of them away. However, I did get an apology numerous years later when she had to start buying them again and was shocked by the price. I felt justifiably vindicated and didn't even tell her how difficult it was for me to lug that damn case around for two weeks. Yes, I'm just a great guy.

• Like 3

Congrats! I'm getting married on Sunday. I don't really know what a proper 20 year gift would be. I will say a few years back me and the lady went to Niagra as a trip, and I know she loved that. If you all haven't gone on a vacation any time recently or haven't been there ever it is a great spot to go visit. Good natural beauty, that you can then use to throw out corny ass lines to warm her up and make her feel special (ask how I know) beer.gif

Also, this idea is entirely dependent on you being remotely near Niagra. Was a 7 hour trip for us, if its too far may not be worthwhile

Edited by VR6Shooter

I am dying laughing right now Tim. I'll have to file that one away for February. She definitely would not expect in a million years that I would get her a case of tampons for our anniversary. I think 20 years is "China", so maybe I will get her a case of Chinese tampons. Might even save a little money :)

• Like 1

100% free... Hand written, seriously romantic love letter & a personal gift certificate for twenty, twenty minute massages.

Or perhaps a poem.....

Here's a Christmas one I did several years ago when she was feeling melancholy because all the kids lived so far away. It worked. Hey, I'm not always a jerk.

Feel free to plagiarize for the holiday season if you don't think it sucks too badly.

Christmas Circles & Cycles

December glows, most everyone knows

with the promise of a new start to come.

To cast away fear, replace it with cheer

for one and all, not just for some.

Joy and awe at a human so small

yet so full of promise to come,

makes a baby a pleasure, the ultimate treasure

who smiles for all, not just for some.

Hustle and bustle, wind makes leaves rustle

but children sense warmth in the season.

They can't explain why, but will give it a try

because in their hearts lie the reasons.

And as they grow, not wanting to let go

of the magic and wonder of youth,

sweet melancholy and the smell of holly

bring promise of a fuller truth.

Adults they become, all not just some

growing and loving and living.

Parents stand aside, watching with pride

offspring learning the meaning of giving.

December glows, most everyone knows

with the promise of a new start to come.

We begin once again, yet again, and again,

One and all of us, not just some.

Tim

• Like 2

lets see, 20 years. the best present, is to give yourself a present, pack her off off for a week somewhere.

I don't see how you guys can stand being married, maybe you have been domesticated so much that you're like the sheep penned up in corral, " this isn't so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad." I had a few lived in girl friends, short term, and outside the sex, I just couldn't deal with the nutty female emotions, the baggage and drama, I sent them off packing. now it's just better to hunt for pink snapper and not have to deal with their lunacy .

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

I don't see how you guys can stand being married, maybe you have been domesticated so much that you're like the sheep penned up in corral, " this isn't so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad." I had a few lived in girl friends, short term, and outside the sex, I just couldn't deal with the nutty female emotions, baggage and drama, I sent them off packing. now it's just better to hunt for pink snapper and not have to deal with their lunacy .

Wow, I don't even know where to start with this post. Suffice it to say I strongly disagree and will suggest that having a good woman in your life is a wonderful thing.

Just celebrated 25 years with my bride.

Congrats to you and your misses Sparky.beer.gif

• Like 7

At 20 years your probably better off with reliving a good time and a small gift then trying to get the entire thought across with a gift...

But I'm only into the married thing about 8 months so my advise is likely less tempered with experience than others who have already posted.. Right now the wife is happy with me taking two days off and going to a couple movies, and going to Disney is less then $300 and always was a blast.

I am dying laughing right now Tim. I'll have to file that one away for February. She definitely would not expect in a million years that I would get her a case of tampons for our anniversary. I think 20 years is "China", so maybe I will get her a case of Chinese tampons. Might even save a little money smile.png

Just make sure you have running shoes on just in case her sense of humor isn't around that day.

Tim you were the only one who got the Atlas Shruged reference. Now you tell me you got your wife a pallet of scratch and dent tampons for an anniversary gift. Damnit man. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Good on ya though I'd be sleeping on the couch.

Well, at one time we were so poor we made dirt look rich so I'll admit to practical gifts a good part of the time. The best one was when I saved every spare penny for two years (behind her back) then bought and installed a new washer and dryer while she was at work. She had always had to go the laundromat route before that and was floored when she saw them. Another time I bought and installed a garage door opener, wrapped the remote and had it dangling in front of the door when she got home. Another winner.

I will admit I like to keep her guessing as to what she will get though. This year is no secret however. She's getting a week long, expense paid (by me) vacation in Denver at Thanksgiving. All the kids and grandkids will be there (two kids live in Denver now, making it much easier). It's been ten years since all the kids have been together because they were scattered all over the country. She's gonna love it. Oh, I'll be going too.