OK guys, who is ready for a Saiga sale?

RAA will not be bringing in the 8rd mags. They also did not get approval to bring in 30rd mags blocked to 10 rds. The ATF is really giving them fits right now. The ATF is also not letting them bring in the LEO guns right now.

I am curious why TG only ordered the cheap versions. This is a "value added" country. Meaning that people will only buy the cheapest one if the one that suits their needs. I have been doing retail firearms or high end theater sales for nearly 12 years. Knowing your market and the customer base is one of the most important things for a retail business. We spent a LOT of moeny on nation wide market research and bought a few retail studies from dealers and customers POV before we bought our Saigas and got involved with a few other upcoming AK related projects. I think TG may regret his decision to buy the cheap versions, but for another gun guys sake, I hope not.

There is also the issue that the guns he ordered may not come in on the first shipment. RAA was still not able to tell me exactly what was coming in on the first shipment..... Typical Russian bullshit.

I'm not pissed at all. He may have beaten me to the punch here (since I come by rarely at best anymore) but I put it out several other places already. The more the word gets out the better we will all be. I am not taking individual pre-orders, but we are taking dealer orders. They seem to understand delays better, and I dont need a bunch of individuals calling every few days asking where they are.

But I was curious as to why they chose the vesions they did.

OK guys, who is interested in other Saiga models besides the 12ga? I cannot at this time get any of the 7.62x39, not until X-Mas time. Here are the requiements: I need the model you want, quantity, all YOUR info (ie: name, address, phone number, etc.). I will then be calling you guys personally to go throught the order process and obtain credit card info. Please do not post your info, just PM it to me.

Here are the Saiga models you may choose from:

IZ-110 SAIGA 223 SYNTHETIC, BLUED 21.8" $283.56

IZ-113 SAIGA 223 BLUED 16.3", BHO, ADJ. CHEEKREST $318.52

IZ-114 SAIGA 223 BLUED 16.3", BHO $290.48

Im getting info on the .308s right now and entering them.

Edited by TopGlock1

IZ-139 SAIGA 308, 21.8"BARREL,BHO, ADJ. SIGHT, SCOPEBASE $347.02

IZ-140 SAIGA 308, BHO, ADJ. CHEECKPIECE, SCOPEBASE, ADJ. SIGHT WITH 16.3" BARREL $384.97

IZ-153 SAIGA 9, 9X53R CALIBER BLUED 21.8" BARREL $568.53

IZ-155 SAIGA 100 .30-06 21.8" BARREL, ADJ. SIGHT, SCOPEBASE, INCL. TWO 3RD MAGAZINES $439.16

IZ-141 LOS 7-1 .308WIN, BLUED, 21.6" BARREL $573.77

RAA will not be bringing in the 8rd mags. They also did not get approval to bring in 30rd mags blocked to 10 rds. The ATF is really giving them fits right now. The ATF is also not letting them bring in the LEO guns right now.

I am curious why TG only ordered the cheap versions. This is a "value added" country. Meaning that people will only buy the cheapest one if the one that suits their needs. I have been doing retail firearms or high end theater sales for nearly 12 years. Knowing your market and the customer base is one of the most important things for a retail business. We spent a LOT of moeny on nation wide market research and bought a few retail studies from dealers and customers POV before we bought our Saigas and got involved with a few other upcoming AK related projects. I think TG may regret his decision to buy the cheap versions, but for another gun guys sake, I hope not.

There is also the issue that the guns he ordered may not come in on the first shipment. RAA was still not able to tell me exactly what was coming in on the first shipment..... Typical Russian bullshit.

Did RAA give any explanation on why the 8 rounders will not be imported. I'm curious if ATFE actually has given any indication in writing about 8 round mags or if its RAA dancing around the issue.

it is just RAA covering their butts, and making sure they stay on the ATFs good side. The last thing we want is for the Saiga to come under the possibility of becoming labeled as a DD. For under the cost of a Russian 8rd, we can have US made 10rd mags that help our 922R compliance.

Edited by TopGlock1
I'm interested in the S-100 and S-9, though not fundable in the immediate future. Question on the S-9 though, is there any prospect for ammo to be imported? I don't believe it has ever seen these shores.

RAA 99% will NOT be bringing ammo in, but for them to see fit to offer the gun, it has to be available somwhere. I just need to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
Will you have any 12k's available?

I'm pretty sure they are sticking to the generic stuff. The more tricked out you buy em, the more the ATF raises their ears and wants to know why you want a pistol gripped, clip fed, minimum barrel 12 gauge... I wouldn't expect the 12k's to ever see US soil again in a major fashion... then again, i may be wrong.

In speaking with RAA, the ATF will not let the LEO stuff in right now. We are hoping that RAA will get approval if they are marked for LEO use, but that will restrict open sales from dealers to civilians. Any K types you see after the imports begin will be in country conversions. And there are people working on those projects to be ready for the Saigas to hit the states.

I think if there's one thing we've found its that no two of use want the same S-12 setup. With that in mind, it almost makes sense to buy the cheapest gun with the least features because we're all going to mutate them beyond recognition anyway. For instance, I like the BHO, but because its not on all my AKs and I don't practice with it, I don't use it. Rather, I use the thumb-behind-trigger guard grab, and it is just as fast as using a BHO for reloading. With this in mind, it's also a good way to keep the heat off the Saiga-12 as a gun. If enough importers start selling pistol-gripped, rail-covered, 20 rd models, we may get a little more attention than we want. And WHEN, (not if) some maniac kills off a buttload of schoolkids with his S-12, we could be in a world of hurt.

I know its not very capitalist of me. After all, S-12 mods and accessories are a gun-market that's still mostly untapped.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G O B @ Oct 18 2005, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

S 100 in 30-06 is DEFINITLY in my future. Saveng my nickles now.

G O B

I know what your mean about the 100, you can tell there is Kalashnikov in there somewhere, but yet its sleek looking. I really like the looks of the front sight as well.

You crazy people, the S100 doesn't look like an AK, therefor it sucks! (Yeah, someone on some forum actually said that.) Course this is why I want one. Just love that look, with the AK internals, very nice. "Its a hunting rifle!" LOL. Course, I gues that means I have enough EBRs, that I want some that look like hunting rifles.

I do hope they import them, I hope its not just a tease.

well, i think mr. kalishnakov would be dissappointed with that comment, but *I* can still see the AK in it. Id buy one, cut all that CRAP off it, and put a red dot on the front of the barrel, 6" from the muzzle, front to front. (look at the new SOCOM M1 or the new RUGER or even the ULTIMAK rail)

I bet you a hundred bucks that I can cut a ten inch tree down in five seconds with that 30-06.....while walking....after taking it out of a frozen pond, putting it in a 500 degree oven, then jumping up and down on it for ten minutes....and still have a round or two left in it......that i can drop you with at 200 yards.

theoretically speaking, of course.,......

I bet you a hundred bucks that I can cut a ten inch tree down in five seconds with that 30-06.....while walking....after taking it out of a frozen pond, putting it in a 500 degree oven, then jumping up and down on it for ten minutes....and still have a round or two left in it......that i can drop you with at 200 yards.

theoretically speaking, of course.,......

and my roomates wonder why i love the "russian guns"

:rolleyes::killer::killer: