Just bought my Saiga 12 and Im pumped!

Hi everyone; I just bought my unmodified Saiga 12 and I am seriously pumped. I have been lurking on here for several weeks since I first saw one of these. Did some research and had to have it, I am already grateful to the many people on here. I have read a LOT of great info and ideas, and cant wait to start modifying mine. I am still looking at furniture to decide exactly how I want it. I local dealer had modified ones for $799 but I didnt like the cheap stocks they put on. I plan to shoot it a few times before taking it apart to see if there is anything else I want/need to do while im working on it. By the way my name is Tracy but MrT sounds better and who is going to argue with a guy holding a Saiga12!

The action of pumping a shotgun is an archaic and obsolete practice, reserved solely for the likes of non-badass shotgun owners.

Yes, "Racked" might be a better analogy!

Lol that's awesome.

By the way Tracy, congrats. I too am a new saiga 12 owner. Only have had mine for a little over four months. Bought a base model and added a few things and I love it. I have more things I want to do to it then I have money but I will get ther slowly. If you care to see my progress check out the picks in my gallery......welcome to the group.

Sounds like you have the perfect plan. Do a lot of looking before you buy.Buy once.

Don't buy parts to solve problems you don't have. That means you have to know whether you have any at all. Many don't. Here is my generic advice to people in your situation. Reliability Mods vs. "Break In" vs. "Quick Fixes" - Page 3 - Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

If you want a plain but solid new stock, look at the KVAR Warsaw length. Sometimes you can get a deal on 2nds too.

• Like 1

Yeah your right sunnybean its time to come out of the closet.... I have a pump gun I keep in there! A Mossberg with the Knoxx Blackhawk stock and heat shield. I had to mill out the new fore grip to fit the heat shield, still a good closet gun. Cheap enough to replace If I get burglarised effect enough to get me to the Saiga 12!

I agree Dark horse Racked does sound better, though... I am pumped because my shotgun is NOT!

Thanks again to everyone who responded, there is so much info on here i just keep reading. I am trying to decide on which FCG to use, I want the most reliable and best made it appears the leaders are Tapco, Tromix, and Tac47. But I haven't found a thread yet explaining the pros and cons of each if any. I kind of like the idea of the rivet on trigger guard offered on the Saiga 12 site to keep it original. I am thinking about an adjustable stock maybe a Phoenix, not sure if I want a recoil reducing stock or not. I am thinking about milling some slots in the stock fore end ( I have a small machine shop) I make aluminum parts for Harleys. I just dont think I want a metal fore end and I havent seen much out there I like. Any way I am open too suggestions and will post some pics as soon as I have something done to it. Thanks again Tracy

Thanks again to everyone who responded, there is so much info on here i just keep reading. I am trying to decide on which FCG to use, I want the most reliable and best made it appears the leaders are Tapco, Tromix, and Tac47. But I haven't found a thread yet explaining the pros and cons of each if any. I kind of like the idea of the rivet on trigger guard offered on the Saiga 12 site to keep it original. I am thinking about an adjustable stock maybe a Phoenix, not sure if I want a recoil reducing stock or not. I am thinking about milling some slots in the stock fore end ( I have a small machine shop) I make aluminum parts for Harleys. I just dont think I want a metal fore end and I havent seen much out there I like. Any way I am open too suggestions and will post some pics as soon as I have something done to it. Thanks again Tracy

Fore end search fuglystick

I just did a quick "home" polish on the FCG and the bolt and carrier to smooth it up. I tried to post the pictures, I managed to download them to my gallery but could not attach them to this thread. It did make quite a difference, cant wait to take out to the range saturday! After putting some rounds through it I will get the parts for the conversion. I am thinking seriously about the ATI stock with Scorpian grip and a Galil fore end. Still thinking about the FCG, any ideas on which one is the smoothest and most reliable? Are they all cast parts or are some of them forged?

Gun Fun; Yes it is I played on a tournement team "MC Rangers" in the MPA for about 8 years. I honestly have not been out for several years now, still have my PMI 3. Took the Saiga out today fired 20 Remington slugs, 30 Federal high brass #4, and 30 federal #7 1/2 bulk ammo with out 1 FTE or any other malfunction! Over a make shift bench I had a 3 1/2" group and free hand at 50 yards gave me a 5 1/2" group, not too bad. I also shot up a lot of cans and a couple of small logs. I am VERY happy with this, either the little bit of polishing I did really helped or just got "lucky"! A few more times out and I am going to start buying conversion parts.

I haven't played in over a year. It is so sad.

I never played on any tournament series, but I used to play with and against a few teams that did ok in the PNW. I could hold my own ok, but I don't have any delusions of grandeur. I really look forward to having an income and vacation days to devote back to paintball, because few things are more fun than playing against skilled opponents.

Airsmithing is very fun and rewarding too. I used to help a friend run a PB shop. I'd ref or help with setup or whatever, and he would provide me with paint and stuff, and kick occasional airsmith jobs my way. I would play still, if I knew anyone hosting games I could just walk on to. Hosting is just too much work to do very often unless you own the land and can leave everything set up.

It's good to see another fellow player here. Is MPA a scenario series? I am a couple years out of date on the leagues. All I ever hear about is NPPL an xball anymore, with a few stock class leagues.

The MPA or Michiana (Michigan/ Indiana) Paintball Association. Was a capture the flag tournament series played on large wooded lots. Some had buildings and structures on the field many were just wooded areas. I really dont have much interest in arena games it just doesnt seem to have much strategy involved. I do need to get back out again though, my wife was sick the last couple of years with cancer and is finally starting to feel better. I think next summer I am going to visit a field that is close to my house and give it a go. The last time I played a few of us "old timers" took one of the guys sons team that were preparing for one of those arean games. Some good old games of capture the flag, they didnt know what hit them. They would come running through the woods yelling and charging us before they even saw us. We would just pop up and pick them off one at a time, they had no clue of cover and conceilment!