I like it. I have been thinking that whenever I buy a house, I will get cool victorian moulding around the doors that will be on cabinet hinges to open for a pistol and shotgun by each entrance. I think I would want to devise a kid proof silent open mechanism though.

• Like 1

I'd rather have a hidden room behind a bookshelf.

I have made a few bookshelves for Hidden doorways in the past.They worked suprisingly well. The details are the key factor. It is very hard to hide the little things sometimes. I think that something along the shelf compartment is nice, and I have also made a table or 2 that have hidden weapon areas. They provide instant access to your weapon, should you need it. The Thickness of those areas on the one in the video give it away if you study it, or are looking for it.

So, IMHO, the hidden compartment for access, and a hidden room for real storage. Keep in mind that if a burglar has a lot of time to spend rummaging around, even the most clever of designs can be easily spotted to someone Looking for a hidden area.

I say make your own if you can! The shelves that hide a doorway are a pretty easy way to start. Best option is a master bedroom that has 2 closets, you just make one of them your Gun area, and the room does not seem awkward by not having a closet in it.

• Like 2