• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I had employees that voted for a less friendly business environment, I would drop the axe on them and let them know exactly why. I know of some local companies in the residential construction indus

Your suggesting I give up shit I've earned, to some fuck thats too lazy to go out and earn it himself? Not hardly. Its this type of logic that has gotten us in this shitmess we're currently in with al

Just make sure you lock your door dipshit

If I had employees that voted for a less friendly business environment, I would drop the axe on them and let them know exactly why. I know of some local companies in the residential construction industry that are laying off obama supporters first and considering closing up if things get too bad. In essence, the obamites are responsible for the piss-poor-wannabe-supposed recovery that we already had and just voted to extend that nonsense. Maybe they can get some food stamps, extended unemployment comp, hud housing, and an obama phone.... until there are no longer enough tax payers to pay their way and not enough politicians to agree on irresponsibly taking the money from other programs to pay for it. The funny thing about all of this is that the average obama voter is going to be hit the hardest as we continue to decline. I can't wait to be assured that they are sharing my misery as I believe that the heaviest stresses and burdens have rested on the small business owners like myself. It has been everything I can do to stay in business the last 5 years and I have hardly made enough to say it has been remotely worth it. I have told people for the last 5 years "Survival is the new success", and it is evident when I look around. I have been holding on to the hope that the current regime would be ousted and we would be allowed to salvage what we have left and continue to work toward the opportunity to prosper, but ignorance has won the next four years and I whole heartedly believe that the dreams of most American small business owners have been crushed. Mine have....

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 8

My wife closed our business during the first 4 years. We barely recovered. Thought we might get well passed it after the election. Guess not. We'll keep working until taxes, gas, and utilities get to a point of diminshing return. After that we are dropping of the grid.

Take the time to read each of the source articles.

One of the companies laying off 600 is Husqvarna...half of the layoffs are in Sweden, and the rest are elsewehre in the world.

Boeing states that it will employ 30% fewer executives. Boo hoo.

A lot of these "layoffs" are padded, not related to Obama in the slightest, or otherwise irrelevent.

Providence Journal is a newspaper, a dead medium -- of course it's tanking. It's only a matter of time before it flies a Gannett flag.

CVPH is a medical center...

Edited by Koljec
  • Like 1

Looks like the unemployment rate is about to skyrocket.... American businesses are making a very strong statement.

It's not going to skyrocket, though, not for layoffs stated in the article anyway. That article is about as full of crap and misleading as the pop-media polling data that predicted a much closer Presidential election.

Be mad at that. The Chefs are feeding us soup.

Edited by Koljec
  • Like 1

Here's a story for you. Sea Ray's Knoxville plant

Closed a week before the election. This plant has been open since the 70's. Over 250 people are now unemployed. You can say what you want. But businesses are fixing to shut shop or scale down due to the Obamacare tax.

Get off the liberal BS train and wake the fuck up.

Shit's about to get real.

Oh and by the the way F$$k Barry and his Communist regime.

• Like 4

I know plenty of small companies that are planning layoffs in 2014 if a solution to the health care law does not appear.

If your people are making you money you won't get rid of them until you have to. Since the health care law is set in tiers, you will see companies adjusting their work force to get into the best tier they can. One likely situation is also mass pay cuts or laying off and rehiring at a lower pay rate to make up for the cost of health care.

Edit: You can bet that sea rays main reason for shutting down is fuel cost, boats are now to expensive to use for most people.. I know the one we had burned 1 gallon a mile, back when gas was 97 cents that was no big deal, now its a huge factor.

Koljec- I assume you believe that the president is good for business. Our family business has suffered in the last term, and I don't see much 'hope' for the next.

No, I don't like Obama, I did not vote for him, and I don't believe he's good for business.

I am sorry that your family business has suffered during his term. I'd be glad to learn how Obama has impacted your family business -- sharing concrete stuff like that is much more meaningful than the article that was linked.

Edited by Koljec
  • Like 1

I work in an Orthopedic Surgery office. I'm the director of Diagnostic Imaging. I just had to tell my long-time partner that their services would no longer be required, per my administrators. This is a direct effect of the election. People in many fields especially healthcare, are cutting their losses.

If I had employees that voted for a less friendly business environment, I would drop the axe on them and let them know exactly why.

So now you wage war because of someones political views? How are you any better than any other political dictator/system that prosecutes peoples right to express their political views? Not really democratic is it?

While I don't agree with other peoples opinions I would never go so extremist as to tell them that they are not entitled to their own outlook and deserve punishment for deviating from my thinking. This is a core value of our democratic system.

I thought you guys were more informed and clear-headed here. Do you all truly believe that the crook Mitt was that much better? I cannot believe you all are that disappointing that the other shithead didn't get picked. It was an obvious lose/lose for me for both reps. or dems as i disagree with majority on both sides and their policies.

Along with Obamination that shyster Romney is his brother from another party's' mother.

Presidents usually have marginal economic input at best... having Romney as president was not a guarantee for economy to get better or worse. People that spend their entire life studying economics still do not fully understand how they work (Alan Greenspan) so I doubt some run-of-the-mill politician will have a single clue.

Not to mention Romeny like all politicians has double standards on guns: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/25/romney-s-flip-flops-on-gun-control-over-the-years.html

Edited by HappYBallZ
  • Like 1

I work in an Orthopedic Surgery office. I'm the director of Diagnostic Imaging. I just had to tell my long-time partner that their services would no longer be required, per my administrators. This is a direct effect of the election. People in many fields especially healthcare, are cutting their losses.

How is this a direct effect? Details?

I was under the impression that big health corporations love this and lobbied heavily for it since now they have basically everyone needing to sign up with them and they will get gov. money regardless.

Obamacare. You just don't get it.

I don't think the healthcare was well-timed, and I certainly don't see its benefit as an upper-middle class citizen who already had health insurance.

But I help run a successful small business, and we're not phased by the healthcare legislation. In fact, existing state and local taxes are more of a thorn in our side and always have been.

So I'm looking for a person who can spell-out the cause and effect of layoffs and not confuse it with broader economic downturn or a poorly managed business.

Mere re-election of a disagreeable president should not trigger layoffs. Are employers really such assholes that they would sacrifice employees to prove a political point?

"You just don't get it" is not an acceptable explanation.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that big health corporations love this and lobbied heavily for it since now they have basically everyone needing to sign up with them and they will get gov. money regardless.

Your impression is contrary to my experience, all medical facilities in my area are facing cutbacks, facility admins are NOT happy with the election results. I don't know anybody in the medical field (locally anyway) who is an Obamacare supporter.

Healthcare providers are expecting at least a 20% cut in reimbursement rates for medicare. As medicare patients make up a large portion of our customers, this is a pretty significant loss. My administrators decided to take this action prior to the election and pending its results. Therefore our layoffs are a direct result of Obama's re-election.

Make sense?

Obamacare. You just don't get it.

Mere re-election of a disagreeable president should not trigger layoffs. Are employers really such assholes that they would sacrifice employees to prove a political point?

Its not that he is disagreeable and the layoffs are not about proving a point. They (employers) are afraid of what he will do.

Healthcare providers are expecting at least a 20% cut in reimbursement rates for medicare. As medicare patients make up a large portion of our customers, this is a pretty significant loss. My administrators decided to take this action prior to the election and pending its results. Therefore our layoffs are a direct result of Obama's re-election.

Ok. So this sounds like a legit reason why downsizing would happen in your industry. But to play fiscal conservative advocate, medicare reimbursement is an entitlement, a form of subsidy, that, some would say, has allowed healthcare costs to artificially inflate. Cutting it and shifting the difference to the company or patient and letting the market bear it out is more of a conservative move.

Its not that he is disagreeable and the layoffs are not about proving a point. They (employers) are afraid of what he will do.

Fear is a bullshit reason for firing someone, and I'd take that up with the company before I blame the President.

Edited by Koljec

Ok. So this sounds like a legit reason why downsizing would happen in your industry. But to play fiscal conservative advocate, medicare reimbursement is an entitlement, a form of subsidy, that, some would say, has allowed healthcare costs to artificially inflate. Cutting it and shifting the difference to the company or patient and letting the market bear it out is more of a conservative move.

Fear is a bullshit reason for firing someone, and I'd take that up with the company before I blame the President.

Romney and a conservative Congress was the only way to stop Obamacare. This didn't happen.

Additionally, Bush Tax cuts will be going away which affects small businesses in a big way. Imagine you make a 5% profit after your expenses and your taxes and or costs to cover health insurance go up 5%, how much money are you making now?

Hence the layoffs since employee payroll is the biggest expense in most companies.

Did schools just stop teaching economics? Government doesn't operate needing to make a profit to survive. Businesses do. Guess which will last longer as one continually takes away from the other?

• Like 2

Your impression is contrary to my experience, all medical facilities in my area are facing cutbacks, facility admins are NOT happy with the election results. I don't know anybody in the medical field (locally anyway) who is an Obamacare supporter.

Make sense?

Sure, thanks.

I found this article. It kind gives an outline who benefits and who gets the other end of the stick: http://www.medicalbillingandcoding.org/blog/10-health-care-jobs-most-impacted-by-obamacare/

What I find interesting is that Big health corporations heavily lobbied for obamacare in 2010 and then when things behind the closed doors did not go their way... they started secretly to sponsor republicans that opposed obamacare. lol.

But in the end like I said... I trust neither one of them and did not vote for either. Because both of them don't give a rats ass about you and me or anyone else for that matter except for the campaign contributors and their special interests and agenda.

Koljec- I assume you believe that the president is good for business. Our family business has suffered in the last term, and I don't see much 'hope' for the next.

No, I don't like Obama, I did not vote for him, and I don't believe he's good for business.

I am sorry that your family business has suffered during his term. I'd be glad to learn how Obama has impacted your family business -- sharing concrete stuff like that is much more meaningful than the article that was linked.

OK, in the short amount of time I have I will cite one good example. The new lead paint regulation, our company and many others quit offering external house painting as a service. The hoops you have to jump through to paint a house are unbelievable, not to mention the punishments and fines that would completely put us out of business if one of their rules was found to be broken even by accident. It is no longer worth the risk. And yes, fear of what is to come is a huge factor when considering to expand or hire new employees. I could certainly understand a business scaling back(read firing) due to the 'fear' of what may come in this term. It is pretty easy to understand how this president is not friendly to business, for most. If you did not vote for Obama then there must have been an even more progressive candidate on the ballot in your state, based solely on your comments in this thread.

..... But to play fiscal conservative advocate, medicare reimbursement is an entitlement, a form of subsidy, that, some would say, has allowed healthcare costs to artificially inflate. Cutting it and shifting the difference to the company or patient and letting the market bear it out is more of a conservative move.

I'm a conservative too, but I get really tired of Medicare and Social Security being called "entitlements".

We have all paid into those programs all of our lives through payroll deductions.

The only true "entitlements" are Welfare and Medicare benefits paid to recipients who did not pay into it .

When benefit recipients pay nothing into a program and then reap the rewards, then fine that's an "entitlement" if you like to call it that.

Why the hell would I not expect to get a benefit for all of the money I paid into it though?

Govt. can do away with all of the "entitlements", just give me all of my money back I paid into those programs with interest.

Anything less is theft.

• Like 5